The Talon Of Horus

It's Aaron Dembski-Bowden's book about Abaddon the Despoiler. It's worth $80 bucks. If you don't have the cash, I'm sure the man will understand. If you do have the cash, and enjoy his writing, it would be a cool badge for the A D-B 'fan club'.

I mean, C S Goto could always write a $12 version, if that would make some happy tongue.png

$80!!! What US website are you looking at? I saw US$65! Don't give me a heart attack like that!

Breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag...

If it makes you feel better Kol, here in the land of Oz we have to fork out $90

Right well seeing it is my birthday and I'm so old I may not see another one, I'm pre-ordering the limited edition version. Especially since ADB is the only writer I really like.

Can't wait to get my new plastic Abaddon!! In fact I might just msg ADB right now and thank him......

Kol you probably already know this but to respond to your message the 80 bucks is the amount in Canadian dollars.

I want to get this book but I have a hard enough time justifying buying a book over 20 dollars especially hardback which are usually around 30 bucks up here in stores. The news about the multipart Abaddon is cool.

It's Aaron Dembski-Bowden's book about Abaddon the Despoiler. It's worth $80 bucks. If you don't have the cash, I'm sure the man will understand. If you do have the cash, and enjoy his writing, it would be a cool badge for the A D-B 'fan club'.

I mean, C S Goto could always write a $12 version, if that would make some happy tongue.png

$80!!! What US website are you looking at? I saw US$65! Don't give me a heart attack like that!

Breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag...

http://verastic.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fainting-GIF.gif

Least it's free Delivery :)

Least it's free Delivery :)

Anyone want to buy me a ticket to the us and get me a job?

I'd rather that then free shipping

I have to admit, Black Library's release dates for the different formats is pretty good. Most publishers it's 1 year roughly from HC to PB. I remember "Dance with Dragons" was about 27 months (June 2011-Oct 2013).

I have to admit, Black Library's release dates for the different formats is pretty good. Most publishers it's 1 year roughly from HC to PB. I remember "Dance with Dragons" was about 27 months (June 2011-Oct 2013).

Totally. BL gets a lot of grief for this, and I don't really understand why. They could make us wait much longer, and still be within standard industry practices. 

Well, for some of their stuff, the quick turnaround results in utterly dross products.

I started rereading Pariah earlier, and there on the page, Bequin "turned my heard at the noise".

A typo. In a published work that should have been proofed by at least three people (Dan, Nik, and their editor at the Library).

Dan is understandable. When an author goes over a manuscript that many times, they have an image in their head of what should be there, and then read it, making authors terrible at proofing their own work.

For one of the others not to have caught it? It can't be laid entirely at the BL's fault, but...

Not to mention the atrocious job they do on formatting the non-ipad codices.

Archived