Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Nationals (ranked tournament)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Well, as spotted here:

http://www.bolterand...anked-tournies/

The ranked tourney rules are up in that thread.

I'm looking to a few ideas:

A:  2x Ravens (or Raven + Raptor)

B: 2x Razor squds.  - solid core.

C:  First bloody  drop fraggy.

D:  Damocles Rhino

From that point I'm not sure.  

What I playtested last night was:

Libby - lvl2, bike

Damocles

Fraggy Dread - mag/frag/fist - POD

Fraggy Dread - frag/fist

Corbulo

5x ASM - flmr

Razor - las/plas

5x ASM - flmr

Razor - las/plas

3x Attack Bikes -  2mm,1hb

Raven

Raven

Played against a killer orky list - led by IA:8 zhadsnark - he totally demolished me. 

I didnt know my opponent's list well enough, and underestimated the bikers and that squad (buffed by painboy) way, way too much.  Shoulda blazed them first instead of the lootas.

I didnt particularly like the list. It had zero staying power.  

So a revamp is in order! 

I may try work in a fire raptor and/or a sicaran! 

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

Where did Corbulo go in that above list?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:4
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:4
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Chilled in a Razor.  Though, should have been in a  bird.  He's my warlord, too.

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

If I may, he just seems a little wasted there. Of course if Mephiston rocks up he can chill with him... Also, why the HB on the AB? I didn't think that was necessary anymore.

Mephiston

Corbulo

Stormraven

Fire Raptor

Fragioso

2 x Razorback

Damocles

Attack Bikes

Might as well get the use out of IAv2SE without the Relic tax... Speaking of which, how about adding a Legacy of Glory on one of the birds?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Legacy of Glory??

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

Appendix II, page 244 :)

BloodTzar

BloodTzar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts

How to avoid he relic tax? I mean you would need an allied force to take the other part of the force...

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA 

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

oooooooh !!!!! dat legacy though!! O_o

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Wow.  Almost defs gonna make space for the Battle of Sarosh legacy for my Sicaran!!!

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

How to avoid he relic tax? I mean you would need an allied force to take the other part of the force...

Let me clarify. By "relic tax", I was referring to having to purchase a Reclusiarch for fielding two or more relics. My point is that there are more things in IAv2SE then relics, so go for one relic (in this case a Sicaran or Fire Raptor), and then look elsewhere in the book :)

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

Wow.  Almost defs gonna make space for the Battle of Sarosh legacy for my Sicaran!!!

Once per game stuff... scary.

BloodTzar

BloodTzar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts

Once per game stuff... scary.

Thanks for clarifying 

On the other hand I like;  Schism of Mars much more, thinking of way how to get that in my list :)

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA 

Orogen

Orogen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

Mort, the ForgeWorld unit(s) count for your +1 book, correct?

I'm curious what allies could do for your list - maybe even a knight?

"Gentlemen please! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

-Gravity always wins

"IGTBYSBYBTOGIHSAWC - I'm gonna beat you so bad you'll be the only guy in heaven sporting a wheel chair".

Shaezus

Shaezus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 989 posts
How have you fared with a single fraggy in pod? I've never tried just one..the way my dice go I would need six of them to get first blood.

What's the bonus from your chosen LoG? I'll soon be testing out 'battle of kaylak' on my caestus: ignore cover on a twin-linked large blast AP1 melta, and the firefury missiles. A little friendly hello to those pointy-eared longheads with their wave serpents.

Would consider that one which gives interceptor and skyfire, on a sicaran. Just not sure if that would mean it then fires snap shots at ground targets?

Edited by Shaezus, 14 August 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Think Donald Sutherland sitting atop a Land Raider Redeemer, speakers blaring out 'Singing in the rain' to the accompaniment of falling drop pods...

The difference between us and the Dark Angels? We defeated our demons. 

BA.jpg   20.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

How have you fared with a single fraggy in pod? I've never tried just one..the way my dice go I would need six of them to get first blood.

What's the bonus from your chosen LoG? I'll soon be testing out 'battle of kaylak' on my caestus: ignore cover on a twin-linked large blast AP1 melta, and the firefury missiles. A little friendly hello to those pointy-eared longheads with their wave serpents.

Would consider that one which gives interceptor and skyfire, on a sicaran. Just not sure if that would mean it then fires snap shots at ground targets?

Shaezus- thats the one!!  The skyfire/intercept/tank hunter for a turn- and ya, snapfire ground :( But, wld be amazing anti-air.

And ive done really well with fraggy. He's perfect disruption. I usually target vehicles with the magna/melta.  The frag is just icing.  

Mort, the ForgeWorld unit(s) count for your +1 book, correct?

I'm curious what allies could do for your list - maybe even a knight?

Yup.  IA:2vs2 would be my second source.  Ive been thinking abou ta knight! no access to one though

Thanks for clarifying 

On the other hand I like;  Schism of Mars much more, thinking of way how to get that in my list smile.png

REALLY like that one too.  May consider. If i go one Raven, will take Sarosh. If two, will go Mars.

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Played with this last night:

Libby - lvl 2, Bike, axe

Damocles

Furioso - Mag/frag/mg 

Pod - deathwind

5x ASM - Flmr 

Razor - las/plas

5x ASM - Flmr 

Razor - las/plas

2x Attack Bikes - 2mm

2x Attack Bikes - 2mm

Raven - mm/ac

Raven - mm/ac

Sicaran - mars upgrade.  (tank hunter).

I played a noise marine themed army.

Blinged lord, 

blinged termy sorc

4x 8 Noise Marines with bling

1x Icarus + aegis

1x Drake

1x Defiler

By the end of my 3rd turn (i went first) he had 3 models left.

So, it went well. Really well.

I'm unsure about the mars upgrade.

I'm almost defs gonna go for the "no scatter" on the pod or the "itnercept" upgrade on the Sicaran.  I think taking out 1 flyer for defs is going to be amazing.  Also, in almost every game i play, there is a place i would love to strike to, but is on the edge of the board, so i dont.  Not worrying about that is amazing.

Corbulo Tactica

Orogen

Orogen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

Man, I really want to see a knight titan in this list... mostly to get a comparison between it and sicaran/other IA goodies but also because I think it can free up the angels to do more angel type things.  You're pretty tight on points but I could envision something like dropping the sicaran, raven and maybe 2x bikes for titan and baal pred?  The dakka of the sicaran is REALLY hard to replace, but maybe the baal could work.  Just spit-balling!

What's your feeling of the deathwind?

Cheers!

-Orogen

"Gentlemen please! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

-Gravity always wins

"IGTBYSBYBTOGIHSAWC - I'm gonna beat you so bad you'll be the only guy in heaven sporting a wheel chair".

Zynk Kaladin

Zynk Kaladin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,974 posts

I really like your recent list. 

What's your strat for the bike libby?  Do you hide him behind the Sicaran and give it prescience or stick him with an attack bike squad?

After looking at Jolemai's LoG discussion, I agree Schism of Mars seems pretty redundant for killing vehicles considering you have 2 TLMMs, 4 MMs, 2 LCs, a Mag/Melta Furioso, and Orbital Bombardment.  Perfect precision drop pod fragioso sounds amazing, especially with the Deathwind Launchers.

Do you put your assault marines in the Ravens?

knife&fork

knife&fork

++ VISCERA LACERATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,701 posts

Also, in almost every game i play, there is a place i would love to strike to, but is on the edge of the board, so i dont.  Not worrying about that is amazing.

Have you thought about the long term results of those strikes? Often when I see a juicy target I also realise that if I hug an edge like that it might be the only thing the dread will do for the entire game. The alpha strike is brutal but frag dreads can really suffer from being slow and short ranged. Particularly if there's terrain to slow you down. 

If you get a kind of hammer and anvil going on it works fine but often the most effective placement is a more safe and conservative one. 

Also that's one expensive HQ... about 70 pts more or so compared to a vanilla/SW equivalent. How much mileage do you get from him?

I'd be tempted to shake up some points for Mephiston, even it if means losing the Damocles.

24 years of Blood Angels

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

Okay...my culexus is finally (since 3rd ed) gonna see the table again.

A tournament too soon? tongue.png

Shaezus

Shaezus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 989 posts
No corbulo...sniff...

Just my tuppence worth but the isstvan massacre LoG really needs something like a redeemer to do it justice. As in a redeemer with a group of ragee maniacs ready to burst out right where your oppo least needs it. But that means a bit of a tweak around.

Reckon your ravens got you covered for AA and there's nothing specifically anti-MC, so the war of murder LoG seems to fit right in.

Think Donald Sutherland sitting atop a Land Raider Redeemer, speakers blaring out 'Singing in the rain' to the accompaniment of falling drop pods...

The difference between us and the Dark Angels? We defeated our demons. 

BA.jpg   20.jpg

Zynk Kaladin

Zynk Kaladin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,974 posts

Reckon your ravens got you covered for AA and there's nothing specifically anti-MC, so the war of murder LoG seems to fit right in.

It also works out fluffalogically, which gets you browny points in heaven.

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Played a Loth-star in the warm up - Loth+Meph+Corbs.  Was so dumb.  SO, so, so dumb.   Good fun though, but i cant play a list like that for a full on tourney.

K&F - you're right about the libby and his expense :/  He's been doing very well though!  

I'm trying to avoid meph, though, I really can fit him in if need be.  I dont want to lose the Damocles though, that sniping barrage and the +1 to reserve has saved me too many times. 

Murder LoG, i'm not convinced of at all.  At S7, ill only really be needing it for WKs and WLs, id prefer the ability to take out a flyer before it can do anything.  Really forces the enemy to play a little differently.  Also, the tank hunter one makes it SUPER reliable as a killer.  

I see what you guys mean about the dread though.  Will give it some though and some more tests before the tourney in two weeks!

thanks for input.

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,754 posts

Probs gonna play that same list as above. 

Unsure about the deathwind launcher though.  Its either a launcher there, or HB sponsons on the Sicaran.  

What do you guys think would be worth it?

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,685 posts

Depends on what you're most likely to use the Sicaran for. Does the hull-mounted Heavy Bolter do anything for you?