++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

My biggest problem has been coalescing justification of identity. Death Guard lineage is easy to go through, but it's hard to make Nurgle Iron Warriors or Alpha legion because ther operation modi are disimular. For me in retrospect when Legions have been faded and the distinguishment has devolved from "you say they're Iron Warriors, but all those Plague marines don't make it different from the other," I lose interest in fleshing details because in the end, they still feel the same.

I've been through the Putrefactors so many times I'm sick of trying to even brainstorm. Quite honestly not having a specific favorite Legion, Chapter, or Warband hurts someone who bleeds explosive ideas and concepts. My order of the severed head for nurgled AL lasted a few hours before I said nm.

I love the Chaos Legions. Noise Marines are awesome, I just don't like Slaanesh.

Nurgle is easy to encompesse, but 4th edition hit me when it started up the bullcrap of Plague Marines primarily becoming DG or BL affiliated. Which is counteractive to the Warband splintering shenanigans they invisioned in the first place.

I had the idea of putting my Iron Warrior Plague marines on a station orbiting Medrengard. The idea was having an army loyal to both Legion, Primarch, and Nurgle. Unfortunately I can't come up with anything besides Putrefactora, which suitably sounds better with the Death Guard when I can't think of names for tarnishment. Really grinds my nerves when I want more armor counter intuitive to the DG infantry masse, but can't be more IW unless you go for Undivided if they finally bring back Legion traits.

Heh, I often find it hard to like one God or Legion. My problem is trying to find something that encompesses chaos marines and Chaos all the way to the Transcendant Ancient Warp Nether.

Anyway, looking back, I do love the concept of a Biochemical Weapons Warsmith who rises to Nurgle for inspiration and power instead of Death Guard being misled into Typhon's snare.

Why stop at Siege Defenses? Why spoil a continent in Nuclear fire when you can reduce the population to bones and you can reap the resources for yourself?

I have begone the brain-typhoon to design my orbital station, and now I have to re-learn IW Legion structure again, I need help with that.

Well, I dislike the Sorcerers make Plague Marines background. When Abbadon has a PM who was turned from the zombie Plague and the DG from the Destroyer virus, I'm inventing my own viral-bacteria weapon that can turn marines into Plague Marines. It's also the bargaining tool he used to gain influence and favor for his MoN.

The station will be a combination of a Star Fort rebuilt into an Asteroid based moon fragment. Not cobbled together like Space Hulks, but it will be it's own proper base.

Thats actually pretty cool. I have a mental picture of a rogue trader saying" Thats no moon..." I'm not convinced that Plague marines can be made though. I think its something that needs to be chosen. Now marines can be forced to make that choice but becoming a plague marine via plague or virus against a marines will thats something I struggle with currently.

Well weapon is probably the wrong word. After all, the Zombie virus Plague Marine wasn't himself after being reborn.

Likewise the contagions Nurgle uses for the Destroyer, rot, and zombie plague are spiritually linked to warp energy. Obviously those wanting to become Plague Marines will make that choice and be granted Nurgles endowment, but against other living beings, it'll probably kill them.

Agreed Incinertor. Chaeron you should post a picture up. More pics of Nurgley goodness is always nice to see

Sure. The last big group photo I did was back in January:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/IMG_1646_zps62a79c38.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/IMG_1639_zps68395aae.jpg

But then, in the ETL alone I polished off over 7k points:

Bt6INscIUAAMVKX.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo21_zps36002dde.jpg

Bt6bJriIgAAjdco.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo11_zps0cd3fff1.jpg

Think I'm going to need to do another big group shot. Although, my table is no longer legitimately big enough to house this.

And I shudder to think how much more I have to do :lol:

My biggest problem has been coalescing justification of identity. Death Guard lineage is easy to go through, but it's hard to make Nurgle Iron Warriors or Alpha legion because ther operation modi are disimular. For me in retrospect when Legions have been faded and the distinguishment has devolved from "you say they're Iron Warriors, but all those Plague marines don't make it different from the other," I lose interest in fleshing details because in the end, they still feel the same.

I've been through the Putrefactors so many times I'm sick of trying to even brainstorm. Quite honestly not having a specific favorite Legion, Chapter, or Warband hurts someone who bleeds explosive ideas and concepts. My order of the severed head for nurgled AL lasted a few hours before I said nm.

I understand this completely.

What I personally feel is that taking a non-Legion is best for those situations. I love the inspiration of a hardcore legion but when you want to flex some ideas it can feel... awkward.

But for your thought of Nurgle Iron Warriors (for example) i always used 'bitz' to represent and hopefully those bits weren't TOO focused on a mark or else I would be locked into that mark which sucks. For example, my Iron Warriors with heavy Iron Hands bionics became Plague Marines, or just MoN or just no mark at all.

I had terminators with a glowy mechanical piece on their backs. I used this tech to represent Tzeentch (increased save) but it wasn't too obnoxious looking and I could just call them 'unmarked' if I wanted to, or even use the 'tech' as an 'agitator' (MoK).

Those are ways I found around those issues, but going back I have indeed played hardcore Deathguard through a tournament season, and did well, and then sold them. But if I revisited that, I'd probably do a Nurgle-esque Chapter:

I can't remember their name but they are those guys with the fly on their shoulder pad. I'd probably do something like that to keep options open just enough to not have marks, or 'oddball' marks on some units.

the purge? 

I can't remember their name but they are those guys with the fly on their shoulder pad. I'd probably do something like that to keep options open just enough to not have marks, or 'oddball' marks on some units.

The Purge? 

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/archive/9/96/20120730090331!Purge2.JPG

I understand this completely.

What I personally feel is that taking a non-Legion is best for those situations. I love the inspiration of a hardcore legion but when you want to flex some ideas it can feel... awkward.

But for your thought of Nurgle Iron Warriors (for example) i always used 'bitz' to represent and hopefully those bits weren't TOO focused on a mark or else I would be locked into that mark which sucks. For example, my Iron Warriors with heavy Iron Hands bionics became Plague Marines, or just MoN or just no mark at all.

I had terminators with a glowy mechanical piece on their backs. I used this tech to represent Tzeentch (increased save) but it wasn't too obnoxious looking and I could just call them 'unmarked' if I wanted to, or even use the 'tech' as an 'agitator' (MoK).

Those are ways I found around those issues, but going back I have indeed played hardcore Deathguard through a tournament season, and did well, and then sold them. But if I revisited that, I'd probably do a Nurgle-esque Chapter:

I originally wanted to do a Nurgle chapter. Than 4th rolled out and basically made most plague marines DG or BL.

What's funny is FW made the Purge a DG warband while GW makes them a Nurgle Chapter.