++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

I started a thing! My first steps into Nurglehood. 

oXDR0U5.png

uYBVhIG.png

Early WIP and the head used on both figures is a stand-in until I figure out what to replace both their heads with. 

Thanks for posting these up bud, answers the questions I had about using MkIII helmets with DG. That doesn't look bad proportionately at all

The names are copyright-able. It's why Plague Zombies are called Poxwalkers and Chaos Space Marines are called Heretic Astartes now (and Imperial Guard are called Astra Militarium...Eldar are Aeldari...)

Yeah I get that, still doesn't make them any less dumb! Oh and I still love the models.

I've started my descent into Death Guard. I've gotten the Dark Imperium set and Plague Brethren for my birthday this week. I've already got First Strike, so I'll be working on those while I wait for the rest to ship. 

With all the illness, infections, and weird diseases I've gotten over the last 7 years, Death Guard seems like a natural fit for me lol

Could Mortarion's Lantern ability be a way to deal with AM's conscript wrapped Commissar?

Bloat Drone Lawmower, Plague Scythes, Mortal Wound auras... Death Guard are shaping up to be THE anti-horde toolkit.

Not to mention drop in a unit or 2 of Deathshroud terminators to use their silent bodyguard special rule to keep Morty protected.. 

Could Mortarion's Lantern ability be a way to deal with AM's conscript wrapped Commissar?

Bloat Drone Lawmower, Plague Scythes, Mortal Wound auras... Death Guard are shaping up to be THE anti-horde toolkit.

Not to mention drop in a unit or 2 of Deathshroud terminators to use their silent bodyguard special rule to keep Morty protected.. 

They are cool, but so expensive I think I will rather take blight haulers to give morty a 2+, and use the stratagem on him to make him untargetable when he gets focused.

I like the idea of those little drones rolling along behind a wall of zombies lobbing missiles. Can you use the cloud of flies stratagem on them? Probably not but would be cool.

The vision in my head is a wave of Poxwalkers trailed by 3 haulers screening 3 units of plague marines, all marching inexorably toward the enemy lines. Behind the Plague Marines is 1 or 2 Crawlers adding support, while squads of Blight Drones to either flanks. 

I like the idea of those little drones rolling along behind a wall of zombies lobbing missiles. Can you use the cloud of flies stratagem on them? Probably not but would be cool.

The vision in my head is a wave of Poxwalkers trailed by 3 haulers screening 3 units of plague marines, all marching inexorably toward the enemy lines. Behind the Plague Marines is 1 or 2 Crawlers adding support, while squads of Blight Drones to either flanks. 

Sounds right, but do Morty and Typhus lead from the front or from the back?

I think I vaguely recall in the fluff they could be found right in the front lines (hence their terminator armor) which inspired their men.

I think I vaguely recall in the fluff they could be found right in the front lines (hence their terminator armor) which inspired their men.

No clue, I wasnt planning on using either. At least, not for a long time. 

Just everybody and their grandmother are going to be running both Morty and Typhus ad nauseam.... I wanted to be different. ;)

Just everybody and their grandmother are going to be running both Morty and Typhus ad nauseam.... I wanted to be different. :wink:

Well I have always run Typhus, since he was my first HQ purchase. Morty I do feel a little awesome with cheese having him hold my hand (stinky cheese). I just want to hurt all those conscripts so bad. So many conscripts, so little time.

Lots of GW naming conventions are pretty stupid, especially lately with their desire to come up with original names to copyright everything. The DG actually christened their support vehicles 'plagueburst crawlers' and 'myphitic blight-haulers'? Alright, sure. Seems real easy to wrap a deteriorating tongue around those names.

Do we know what the 'foul blightspawn' are? (as opposed to the cuddly blightspawn or the beauteous blightspawn)?

If it is like it has always been, then the names are how the Imperium calls those things. T'au as well don't name their units all kind of fish names, they have a combination of letters and numbers for their vehicle and suits. "Hammerhead" or whatever is what the Imperium calls them.

Just wait until Emperor's Children get their stuff. Traditionally the thing they were always good at was killing things weaker than them (aka hordes). :P

I love the Death Shroud though I probably won't be running Typhus or Mortarion so most likely they be used to keep my Plaguecaster or Necrosius alive, can the silent bodyguard rule be used against mortal wounds???

Seems like they are intercepting hits, not wounds or damage. So depending on the mortal wound causing ability, they should be able to intercept those.

Just everybody and their grandmother are going to be running both Morty and Typhus ad nauseam.... I wanted to be different. :wink:

Well I have always run Typhus, since he was my first HQ purchase. Morty I do feel a little awesome with cheese having him hold my hand (stinky cheese). I just want to hurt all those conscripts so bad. So many conscripts, so little time.

I love his new model, but I wont be able to afford either for quite some time. I'm pretty limited to just the models from Dark Imperium, First Strike, and Plague Brethren for now. Unless I can sell my Dark Angels and Crimson Slaughter, I'll be playing small limited games. 

Just wait until Emperor's Children get their stuff. Traditionally the thing they were always good at was killing things weaker than them (aka hordes). :tongue.:

As the perfect legion, everything is weaker than them. ;)