++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

I have to agree too. It is neat to see fluff for various warbands and it helps the gears turn when I start to make my own.

Right now I am getting two sets of DG from the starter. One set I want to paint black except for some shoulder pads & heads and they will be Black Legion aligned. For my own warband I am torn between doing the standard green of the Death Guard with brass or use their HH colors and somehow filth them up.

As for fluff, I want to incorporate piracy into my Warband. Being tough as nails and having those sweet plague fleets (and with this new Pirate movie out:teehee: ) just has me wanting space marine privateers.

Thanks for sharing! Pallid Hands had me at hello, I've got an over abundance of tanks, and my maulerfiend is already based in bleached bone. I'll have to get it painted up as a test model!

Hello friends!  As a new convert, I must say I am excited to begin fulfilling the work and will of the Plague Father!  I'll begin my humble DG force with the Dark Imperium box.  I'm beyond pumped for these models.  To be honest, I've been looking for a reason to start Chaos and they gave me one.  I'll probably just go with the classic paint scheme, and force composition.  I like the fluff for DG in that they don't believe in specialized squads for things, but instead to prefer whatever weapons a given situation demands (Heresy-era that is). 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this edition and the future of the hobby in general.  Just wanted to say hello to my new community!

Im finding the lack of death guard tactics disappointing lets change that shall we

First off plague marines: what would be an idea loadout 7 is a lucky number I suppose and the icon of Despair seems like an auto include for morale shenanigans that seem like they belong with the Nightlords more especially when you stack it for serious grief with a Blightbringer and other interesting abilities. I wonder what's the most you can get it down to with all the different units we got???.

Since we finally got a new weapon in the form of the blight launcher which would be the better option compared to the other special weapons.

I have really enjoyed the blight launcher. I think it's a point more than a plasma gun and it has really put in work. It's stats are nice and I like rerolling ones.

I am building my army with the starter set and whatever kits come out. So far I am building a footslogging army. I want to theme my marines on boarding-action pirates and I also like how that used to be their primary specialty when they fought in the Great crusade. My buddy really gave me good pointers for Nurgle and in my last game they worked out.

I have typhus stuck in with pox walkers. He boosts them up a bit and they shield him from enemy fire. They make a great tar pit with his support. Typhus is a psyker to can smite and use papa Nurgles gifts to put down hurt. In close combat he is also a beast.

I have two units of plague marines with blight launchers flanking the pox box phalanx. Accompanying them are two helbrutes with lascannons. They are looking for armor to blast specifically and big nastys to punch.

Then I have a unit of lascannon toting havocs. Primarily tank hunting from cover.

The army laid down a lot of fire and survived attrition better than my opponent thanks to disgustingly resilient. Definitely looking forward to more games and using more of the new units.

Edited by hushrong

I'd expect Typhus' updated model to feature his Cataphractii armour as opposed to his existing Indomitus armour, and frankly, I'd be alright with that. That little revelation in Dark Imperium made a fair amount of sense.

I am very excited to see what a new Typhus would look like. The old one is one of my all time favourites, and I loved the new Khârn and Ahriman. Looks like he'll keep his aesthetic too (indomitus pattern shoulders), which is nice.

Because they finally decided to give chaos marines some character and to display that Death Guards wargear is so rotted that they replace parts randomly with whatever similar-ish they can get their hands on. ^^

His rules have him with Cataphractii, so somehow I expect they'll be releasing him wearing that. :wink:

...I know, but as DeadFingers said, just as the Lord of Contagion has the Indomitus shoulders (and keeping in mind all art of Typhus in 40k portray him in much the same way), they will work to maintain the aesthetic as an homage to the original model, using Indomitus shoulders, as I said above. See Khârn, Ahriman etc. Not that our Cataphractii is as good as the Loyalist version...

Anyway, Maxime's lord is absurdly cool. Might try something similar with mine, I was going to remove the giant energy icon on his back anyway

Edited by Marshal Loss

Okay so this has probably been talked to death; I just got the Death guard from Dark Imperium...

they are fantastic and well designed and I am *probably* going to do a foot-trudging death guard list with tons of pox walkers/death guard, however I must pause for a moment to contemplate the Foetid Blight drone......... According to what I have here its 212 points.....that seem..... a little high to everyone here? 

It doesn't look at first glance to be worth over 200 points.... it feels like a 150 point model given its equipment; am I missing something? As an example with my Thousand sons I almost always take a forgefiend, to me they are worth *every* point spent, and mine are 211.  This feels no where near as strong as my Forgefiend.....

Yeah the new stuff is awesome I'm planning on converting most of the stuff including the Lord of Contagion who I plan on making his axe into a scythe instead

With the Bloat drone for some dumb reason it costs more in the deathguard Mini Dex opposed to the index which is 158 with all the wargear added in (99 base). The Drone is an awesome model but I am slightly disappointed they don't have better armaments I think I'd much rather take multiple Helbrutes for the long ranged fire power to support my on foot army

Well ebay got me, couldn't pass up €55 shipped for the death guard stuff, I guess we'll see soon how easy they are to convert and if they mix with MKIII and FW bitz! I've got a box of blight kings sitting around as well...

I haven't been impressed with the foetid bloat drones cost to what I think it is supposed to do. It looks like something that can move up the flanks and lay some hurt on infantry but that point cost makes me want to get something else. I need to try it a few times though before I completely knock it.

I am wondering what the new Blight Drones rules will be from FW's Chaos Index and may use it as that instead...

It's more than likely an error. There's a few other instances where Chaos Lord on x are also omitted from the various army lists. That and the rather glaring error of listing Angron's homeworld as unknown.

Forgive my ignorance, but do people believe the omission of the Sorcerer on Palanquin of Nurgle from the Death Guard Army List to be an error, as the Chaos Lord on Palanquin of Nurgle is permitted?

Most likely

Honestly, the new codex's are a mess, so many errors in it....basically, pick what you think makes sense and play it how you think it should be played.

Plague toad riders seem so much better than plague drones. Too bad I have 9 plague drones and 0 toad riders. Maybe I can chop all the wings off and do some converting??