++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

Join us, Papa Nurgle loves all his little children!!!

Just had a thought, as Tzeentch got updated Horrors and a Greater Daemon do you guys think we might get new Plague Bearers and a Gurgle of Nurgle at some point??

Considering plague bearers are already a new(ish) multipart plastic kit I wouldn't hold my breath on it. GUO must be coming though?

Just had a thought, as Tzeentch got updated Horrors and a Greater Daemon do you guys think we might get new Plague Bearers and a Gurgle of Nurgle at some point??

Considering plague bearers are already a new(ish) multipart plastic kit I wouldn't hold my breath on it. GUO must be coming though?

Good point, but the Horrors came out at roughly the same time if I recall correctly. Though they looked stupid so that could be why GW updated the kit. Who knows lol. Either way these are exciting times for us indeed. A new GUO would look mad next to my oldschool RoC era one :lol:

Think we would get a new Beast mini? The current one looks awfull.

Ahoi! Long time lurker, recently joined. After a more than 16 year hiatus I drunkenly ordered the Betrayal at Calth set and started collecting bitz and converting stuff to 40k chaos. Got a set of the forgeworld bitz, 7 old metal plague boys and a box of putrid blightkings, but it looks like I'll put things on hold until I can get that new Plague Marine box into the mix! I think I'll still convert a GUO out of the maggoth lord and a glotkin head I picked up, but got my fingers crossed for a new one too!

Good point, but the Horrors came out at roughly the same time if I recall correctly. Though they looked stupid so that could be why GW updated the kit. Who knows lol. Either way these are exciting times for us indeed. A new GUO would look mad next to my oldschool RoC era one :laugh.:

A new GuO would be awesome indeed. The current metal one is cool and all, but very dated and far too small. The FW one is awesome but monobuild and very expensive (and also made of resin). The Glottkin would be a good basis for a GuO but IMO would need the arms replacing and a lot of converting to not just look like Gurk (or whatever his name is) lost his brothers somewhere and is waddling about confusedly in the 41st millennium. If we do get a new GuO I'd love to see them take advantage of the multi-layered "hollow" construction they've been doing recently- think the Blightkings but much bigger.

A new Beast would be cool too. I kinda like the current one in a strange way, but we really need a new putrescent puppy-slug kit. I'd like to see one that fits with the fluff of it being a big, dumb, happy, affectionate lump of mouldering flesh.

I don't think we need a new Plaguebearer kit- whilst I like the older metal ones better (because seriously, those 3rd edition Lesser Daemon sculpts were all amazing) the plastic ones look great too.

Actually, you know what I'd like to see get a kit? The Plaguereaper. The concept of a corpse-slurry spewing plague tank is awesome, but basically every conversion either replaces the Baneblade's gun with a Tyranid weapon or else just coats it in blobs of Greenstuff. Even the "official" conversion is a bit lackluster.

Good point, but the Horrors came out at roughly the same time if I recall correctly. Though they looked stupid so that could be why GW updated the kit. Who knows lol. Either way these are exciting times for us indeed. A new GUO would look mad next to my oldschool RoC era one :laugh.:

A new GuO would be awesome indeed. The current metal one is cool and all, but very dated and far too small. The FW one is awesome but monobuild and very expensive (and also made of resin). The Glottkin would be a good basis for a GuO but IMO would need the arms replacing and a lot of converting to not just look like Gurk (or whatever his name is) lost his brothers somewhere and is waddling about confusedly in the 41st millennium. If we do get a new GuO I'd love to see them take advantage of the multi-layered "hollow" construction they've been doing recently- think the Blightkings but much bigger.

A new Beast would be cool too. I kinda like the current one in a strange way, but we really need a new putrescent puppy-slug kit. I'd like to see one that fits with the fluff of it being a big, dumb, happy, affectionate lump of mouldering flesh.

I don't think we need a new Plaguebearer kit- whilst I like the older metal ones better (because seriously, those 3rd edition Lesser Daemon sculpts were all amazing) the plastic ones look great too.

Actually, you know what I'd like to see get a kit? The Plaguereaper. The concept of a corpse-slurry spewing plague tank is awesome, but basically every conversion either replaces the Baneblade's gun with a Tyranid weapon or else just coats it in blobs of Greenstuff. Even the "official" conversion is a bit lackluster.

I wish they would give us updated versions of the old Epic Nurgle stuff, the Plague catapults and the siege tower thingy. :(

If you think the current GUO is small you should see the RoC one, its smaller than a Terminator. Though its size is also a blessing, easy to hide behind buildings. :lol:

Yeah, the Epic war engines (of all gods, not just Nurgle) deserve an update. I'd especially like to see the Contagion catapult updated- fluffwise I think it'd be cool if it was described as being an actual unique Daemon Weapon (albeit a huge one) rather than a mere mass-produced Daemon Engine.

And yeah, the RoC GUO is an awesome model...but as you say, very small. :D

Personally I think its better than the 2nd ed one. More character, has a cheeky little grin thats sooo adorable. GW seemed to miss the 'fun guy' side of Nurgle in later editions.

Thanks for the likes guys, I haven't been inspired to paint for a long time and the kind words keep me going! :)

Those look great! I've been considering a yellow scheme also you may have sold me on it. Ash waste bases would look sick. Is that still a thing? Weird lavender color?

I was considering mud wastes with ponds of nurgles rot, but a weird purple colour would be quite striking!

How did you do the yellowy colour? Im bored of green marines and wanna try something new on the new kits

Demonic yellow undercoat spray from Army Painter followed by an Agrax wash. Then did all the detail and washed it with another load of agrax!

Edited by ashc

Thanks for the likes guys, I haven't been inspired to paint for a long time and the kind words keep me going! :smile.:

Those look great! I've been considering a yellow scheme also you may have sold me on it. Ash waste bases would look sick. Is that still a thing? Weird lavender color?

I was considering mud wastes with ponds of nurgles rot, but a weird purple colour would be quite striking!

How did you do the yellowy colour? Im bored of green marines and wanna try something new on the new kits

Demonic yellow undercoat spray from Army Painter followed by an Agrax wash. Then did all the detail and washed it with another load of agrax!

What would be the nearest equivalent in GW colors?

So with the new Nurgle stuff on the horizon Ive decided to start from scratch in prepration for a new year with nurgle as I eargly await the new Nurgle stuff as well as having a small 1K tournament coming up too. So I decided to run a fun list as I havent played alot this year and keen to try out things I like to see what suits me

This is what I am taking using the Purge detachment ( 1hq, 2 elites compulsory)

Death Guard ( all Mark of Nurgle and VOTLW)

HQ
Chaos sorcerer
Lv 2 mastery, sigil of corruption, power sword and force axe, blight grenades, spell familiar

Elites
6 chosen
Lascannon, 4 plasmaguns, champ with powerfist

Contemptor dreadnought
Dedication of Nurgle, butcher cannon

Heavy support
7 havocs
4 lascannons

Plague Hulk

Here is what I got so far

Plague Hulk "Bile Spewer" (Needs more Nurglings)

gallery_59703_9915_554536.jpg

gallery_59703_9915_396707.jpg

My Sorcerer "The Harbinger of Decay"

gallery_59703_9915_1289565.jpg

gallery_59703_9915_1177142.jpg

Chosen Squad "The Blight Guard"

gallery_59703_9915_515295.jpg

Just need some liquid green stuff to touch up stuff before I plan on basing it all, using the GW bases so going to paint them up before basing the guys also screwing around with paint schems but thinking of doing something different and going for a blue nurgle look. The Havocs are assembled as well hough my camera died before I could take a pic. My orginal contemptor got dmaged badly fter an accident so am trying to slavage bits of him as well as making a new model. Geting a Mhara Gal contemptor which I plan on dedicating to Nurgle.

Wish me luck ill probably just update my progress on here than start a new thread

Edited by teutonicavenger

Glad I saw those FWDG and prospero bits marines. Was gonna order the conversion kit but wasnt sure what legs I was gonna use. Kinda obvious considering they are Mk3 anyway. Not my brightest moment lol

Dug out all my half finished DG stuff recently to plan ahead for the new release. Going to hold off working on all the regular troops till better pics come out of the new DG sets so I can get my old stuff to look more alike. However following the pattern of Khârn and Ahriman, Typhus should be getting a new model anyways so I have completed a true scaled version based on his original model. I've got some more pics in my WIP thread if anyone is interested. For Grandfather Nurgle!

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/IMGP0157.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/IMGP0164.jpg

What legs would look best with the FW Terminator bits? I wouldnt mind trying Kattaphract legs.

It does look a bit like the happy terminator guy has Cataphractii legs.

IMG_3389.jpg

Yo guys, don't you think he kinda resembles a grave warden?

the right shoulder pad looks very 30k, he has chainmail wich the wardens used, and he has some kind of underslung weapon that doesn't resemble an autocanon, it could be a chemical weapon :D wouldn't it be nice if he was hosing his opponents with a streem of virulent bile