++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

Dug out all my half finished DG stuff recently to plan ahead for the new release. Going to hold off working on all the regular troops till better pics come out of the new DG sets so I can get my old stuff to look more alike. However following the pattern of Khârn and Ahriman, Typhus should be getting a new model anyways so I have completed a true scaled version based on his original model. I've got some more pics in my WIP thread if anyone is interested. For Grandfather Nurgle!

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/IMGP0157.jpg

I feel like I've seen that marine's torso before, but it's not coming to mind. I know it's a Tartaros one, but I'm not aware of any that are that scratched up. Mind enlightening a brother?

Edited by Cryptix

Dug out all my half finished DG stuff recently to plan ahead for the new release. Going to hold off working on all the regular troops till better pics come out of the new DG sets so I can get my old stuff to look more alike. However following the pattern of Khârn and Ahriman, Typhus should be getting a new model anyways so I have completed a true scaled version based on his original model. I've got some more pics in my WIP thread if anyone is interested. For Grandfather Nurgle!

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/IMGP0157.jpg

I feel like I've seen that marine's torso before, but it's not coming to mind. I know it's a Tartaros one, but I'm not aware of any that are that scratched up. Mind enlightening a brother?

Think its the old 'take a knife to the mini' technique.

*snip*

Yep it's a Tartaros one, I put in the battle damage myself. I penciled in marks and adjusted placement till I was satisfied, then cut them out with a knife. I've a closer front and back pic in my WIP thread on pg 4 if you're interested.

*snip*

Bingo! You're absolutely right :thumbsup:

*snip*

Yep it's a Tartaros one, I put in the battle damage myself. I penciled in marks and adjusted placement till I was satisfied, then cut them out with a knife. I've a closer front and back pic in my WIP thread on pg 4 if you're interested.

*snip*

Bingo! You're absolutely right :thumbsup:

That and learning how to greenstuff entrials are the two skills I advise all potential Nurgle players to do. Something so simple yet really enhances the piss poor Chaos plastics we have atm.

And remember, a sharp blade requires less force and thus less risk of cutting yourself.

Wish someone told 12 year old me that. Can still see the scars across the back of three of my fingers 24 years later.

med_gallery_59703_9915_1424406.jpg

Do you think this is an alright blue scheme so far??? still massively WIP (especially on the weapons and maybe the helms ) but trying to to achieved a massively tarnished blue look as my marines are literally rusted away and want to paint something bluish for a change

Edited by teutonicavenger

I did this little Nurgley dude a while ago... I guess I can proxy him as a havoc or obliterator or whatever.  :happy.: I'm definitely looking forward to the DG releases - I've only ever done loyalist/xenos models, but I've always had a soft spot for Nurgle, so the new releases will probably tip me over the edge :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/bzHjMvS.jpg

What do you think about the chances of getting a new Typhus model? I really like the current one (and the FW heresy edition is awesome too), but there's so much potential, especially after seeing what Geedubs did for Khârn and Ahriman...

med_gallery_59703_9915_1424406.jpg

Do you think this is an alright blue scheme so far??? still massively WIP (especially on the weapons and maybe the helms ) but trying to to achieved a massively tarnished blue look as my marines are literally rusted away and want to paint something bluish for a change

The blue corrosion looks pretty cool. I think if you keep it to the corroded steel, and a little bit spreading here and there, it will look great. It's nice to see corrosion other than just reddish rust.

Edited by Carrack

I did this little Nurgley dude a while ago... I guess I can proxy him as a havoc or obliterator or whatever. :happy.: I'm definitely looking forward to the DG releases - I've only ever done loyalist/xenos models, but I've always had a soft spot for Nurgle, so the new releases will probably tip me over the edge :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/bzHjMvS.jpg

What do you think about the chances of getting a new Typhus model? I really like the current one (and the FW heresy edition is awesome too), but there's so much potential, especially after seeing what Geedubs did for Khârn and Ahriman...

Damn thats nice!!

Love the Blanchesque faceplate.

Edited by SlaveToDarkness

I would like to add my new war band to the cause. Kranu Elictor, former warsmith of the 131st IW GC, and his war band who just joined the Death Guard in Abaddons 13th Crusade! :D

Kranu Elictor was formerly the Warsmith of the 131st Grand Company comprising some 2000 men. At some point he thought his Iron Warriors would be better off with some help from Nurgle. So he sold his soul to the pleague god.. He kinda sold his whole Grand Company at the same time, something many of the 131st did´nt particularly appreciate since they hadn't actually discussed the matter in advance. When they realized what had happened to them (one doesn't need long to figure out he has been blessed by Nurgle), there was a little bit of a tussle as some didn't fancy their body´s new tendency to swell and tear (especially inside Space Marine armour). After the short incident, Kranu Elictor had successfully won the argument by killing a good 3/4th of his Company. The 500 men that where left were all supporters of the new cause, and together they left Medrengard for good, as the small incident might not have gone down well with the rest of the Legion. Elictor and his men joined with the Death Guard and is currently fighting under their banner in the 13th Black Crusade.

Looks good though what is that metal torso from???? Did you butcher old typhus ??

Thanks and yea I had the main body left after doing a true scale Typhus (see top of the page), so I hacked him apart and rebuilt him to try and look like the new DG kits. 

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, after a looong time converting and prepping models, i decided to finally add some pics of my first painted nurgle dude. like 4 months into the army i painted my first guy :D

Chaos lord Pustulius in all his rusted rotten glory

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/socrateskentaro/IMG-20170524-WA0040_zpsavwdydei.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/socrateskentaro/IMG-20170524-WA0042_zpszsrvpc4c.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/socrateskentaro/IMG-20170524-WA0044_zpsjpn375vd.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/socrateskentaro/IMG-20170524-WA0046_zps3be5hkav.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Look what I found :) Death Guard has a whole lot of splinter warbands or Vectoriums as they are called I really love the sound of both the Corpsmakers as well as the Heralds of Despair who awfully sound like a band of Iron Warriors, hopefully GW has a painting Guide as I would to paint my guys up as them as their fluff sounds awesome

gallery_59703_9915_73484.jpg

gallery_59703_9915_26447.jpg

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of most of those colour schemes, at least without seeing an actual painted model. The Weeping Legion is basically pre-Heresy Death Guard, and the Carrion Hounds is too similar to the default current Death Guard scheme. As for the rest, the Corpsemakers is the only scheme I think I'd use. I dunno, they just don't click with me I guess, but it's nice that they're there for people who might like them.

Edited by DeadFingers

Oh yeah, I always enjoy those. I love that the Pox Mortis are plague alchemists, just like Papa. I love that the Carrion Hounds have a sense of twisted affection towards their Poxwalkers and collect them like we collect models. I love that the Glooming Lords hate Tzeentchian warbands because they're bright and colourful, like they live in a permanent hangover and the brightness hurts their eyes. I love that the Heralds of Despair just isolate fortresses and watch them die slowly.

I just wish I could love their colour schemes too.

Edited by DeadFingers