++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

I tested the 8ed with a small game last weekend against my brother. We used the two armies inside the box and the first mission in the rule book... it ended undecided, but we both enjoyed it. DG are pretty tough, the resilent is really useful and the poxwalkers are quite useful, due to their ignoring moral-phase-rule.

The drone is a nice distraction, it survived about 3 turns in close-combat.

Edited by Sternenfaust

My only major gripe with Nurgle in the new indices is they didn't give us the option to take a Maggoth as a daemon of some description. I was surprised when they were mentioned in Dark Imperium.

Ah well, I'll just pick up the Glottkin to use as a Great Unclean One in the meantime.

Also, I'm curious about the Forge World Index. If I for example choose a Hellforged Contemptor can he get the "Death Guard"-Keyword? Most likely not, or can he?

I might be able to help you there. :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Zhivago/Capture_zpsgrmsajau.png

Also, I'm curious about the Forge World Index. If I for example choose a Hellforged Contemptor can he get the "Death Guard"-Keyword? Most likely not, or can he?

I might be able to help you there. :tongue.:

Sorry to disappoint, but that's not really helping since the question is whether FW units are already included in the list of available units for Death Guard (in the GW Index). RAW you can't use any FW units in a pure Death Guard list except for the ones that specifically have Death Guard written on it. ;)

I might be able to help you there. :tongue.:

Sorry to disappoint, but that's not really helping since the question is whether FW units are already included in the list of available units for Death Guard (in the GW Index). RAW you can't use any FW units in a pure Death Guard list except for the ones that specifically have Death Guard written on it. :wink:

<.< oh right.   

Well, though I am curious if FW will errata that as I cannot imagine any of GW codexes referring to forge world models, and if ALL legions get a list similar to Death Guard, then no-one can take contemptor.  

I really hope they release an errata soon otherwise FW players will once again be screwed over like with traitor legions how none of the stuff their could take anything FW :( and once codex books start getting released again it'll really start to matter as faction rules , artefacts etc get released Edited by teutonicavenger

My only major gripe with Nurgle in the new indices is they didn't give us the option to take a Maggoth as a daemon of some description. I was surprised when they were mentioned in Dark Imperium.

Ah well, I'll just pick up the Glottkin to use as a Great Unclean One in the meantime.

Perhaps when the actual codex comes out? I didn't know they got mentioned in Dark imperium! Giant spined chaos beast from FW can take a mark of Nurgle. I'm working on converting a maggoth into a GUO, with the head from the Glotkin. Probably wait for the inevitable new GUO kit to actually arm it...

I've been playing around with the FW index books in the attempts to come up with a good list but keep coming up short this is what I got so far but don't know what to add to it ???? Just over 1500pts but looking to take up to 1850 or even 2K

Necrosius

Lord with POwer axe and plasma pistol

2 squads of 14 poxwalkers

2 spawn

2 Contemptors with butcher cannons and chain claws

2 squads of plague marines with 2 blight launchers, icon of Despair and champion with Power fist and plasma gun

Deredero with butcher cannon array, greater havoc launcher and twin heavy bolters

Interesting; I just noticed that the Plauge Champion can in fact get a Plasma gun along with his Power fist. 

So theoretically 3 Plasma guns in a 10 man unit of Plauge Marines, or 1 Plasma and 2 Blight Launchers...... Kind of like a mini-havoc unit in troops/elite slot. 

Right it's a great loadout... and the Blight Launchers are no joke.

Interesting; I just noticed that the Plauge Champion can in fact get a Plasma gun along with his Power fist. 

So theoretically 3 Plasma guns in a 10 man unit of Plauge Marines, or 1 Plasma and 2 Blight Launchers...... Kind of like a mini-havoc unit in troops/elite slot. 

Right it's a great loadout... and the Blight Launchers are no joke.

Amen to that. Both are super dangerous, though I am hesitant to super-charge a Plague marine with Plasma gun, defeats the purpose of Disgusting resilience if we annihilate ourselves :p 

Perhaps when the actual codex comes out? I didn't know they got mentioned in Dark imperium! Giant spined chaos beast from FW can take a mark of Nurgle. I'm working on converting a maggoth into a GUO, with the head from the Glotkin. Probably wait for the inevitable new GUO kit to actually arm it...

They get a brief mention during the invasion of Iax. Frankly, the description of the invasion is some of the best prose in the novel

The last plague ark touched down. It rolled onto its side as it landed and its jaws flopped open on mushy sinew. Grumbling at the poorness of the landing, the seventh and final legion came out, their cymbals and bells merging with Septicus’ jig. Other daemons joined in with his tune, and soon his playing was swollen by an accompaniment of piercing flutes played by seven hundred lesser pipers.

Such a display was a sight to please Nurgle’s sore eyes, and a rare thing it was. The creatures mustering upon the garden world were among his very best: his most revolting, his most contagious, his finest warriors and his most skilled accountants of ailment. They were the Plague Guard, and they were the vanguard of the great invasion of Iax. A more dread legion could not be found anywhere in Nurgle’s Garden or beyond.

Cohorts of daemons marched out to the sound of Septicus’ pipes: plaguebearers, beasts of Nurgle, rot flies, maggoths and drooling daemons of every degree. Nurglings continued to tumble like rain from the holes and pores and orifices of the stinking whale-ships, flooding the land long after their larger kin had grumbled their way free.

There were other greater daemons there besides Lord Septicus. They were the leaders of this filthy host, fragments of Nurgle himself, each given will of their own to go out and do mischief. There were but seven of them in total, one for each of the plague legions arriving, for they were rare even in the Garden of Nurgle. One by one, they forced their way out from the plague arks. The whale-ships were already dissolving into putrid liquefaction, their fluids poisoning the world, and the greater daemons stepped onto Iax slicked in these juices, smiling widely.

They were the lords of the Plague Guard.

Plague Guard were Nurgle daemons , unfortunately the death guard only got mentioned when they died by the droves at the hands of the Primaris marines :( and then it was only plague marines only mention of terminators was with Typhus

I can't decide which colour scheme to use for the life of me. I quite like the default Tainted Sons colours albeit with A LOT more 'dirtying' required to make 'em look- well, less clean. But I also love the Weeping Legion because it looks so much like the Heresy-era scheme. 

I can't decide which colour scheme to use for the life of me. I quite like the default Tainted Sons colours albeit with A LOT more 'dirtying' required to make 'em look- well, less clean. But I also love the Weeping Legion because it looks so much like the Heresy-era scheme. 

Could go with two warband who've join force due to both warbands suffering heavy loss?  That way you get the best of both.

Also if anyone not see - Warhammer World made a new display, Khendrel IV

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/21/dark-angels-and-death-guard-do-battle-at-warhammer-world/

Next time I'm in Nottingham I will get a lot photos.

​Also just started my own Nurgle force, test model painted & should get photos posted tomorrow.

Loving that description from the novel!

I'm having trouble deciding between Pallid Hands and Bringers of Decay. I've got a nurgle maulerfiend from eBay that's based in a cream color but of course no straight Death Guard fiends, which makes me wonder if there might be a maggoth coming after all

Work in Progress - Start of my second Death Guard army, spent today painting up the new plastic models.  Which will be part of a Black Crusade project I'm planning.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/19429939_1404203946337165_368689663138205476_n_zps97vj07tn.jpg

Nice :D they look pretty good Insane Psychopath, I'm holding off on assembling my dark Imperium minis as I'm getting a couple of BlightKing sets as well as other AOS Nurgle sets as I am planning on kitbashing the set a lot to get more variety from the different minis since I have a couple sets and not a fan of two models looking excatly the same :D

Also we may be gettting a new Nurgle Tank to explain why we can't have vindicators

med_gallery_59703_7255_70695.jpg

Edited by Plaguecaster

• 2 weeks later...

Inspirational Friday: The Death Guard

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

For those who do not know it, Inspiration Friday is a (generally) fortnightly weekly event within its home in the Chaos Space Marines forum, in which a topic is set for members to write short (or long if the muse takes you) fluff/fan-fic pieces about their war bands, characters and models.

And today begins our fourteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2017:

Death Guard

The 14th legion. The sons of Mortarion. Warriors of Barbarus. Formerly the Dusk Raiders. The first-blessed of Grandfather Nurgle.

Once warriors of strength, strong will and stern resolution, they were ravaged by plague whilst trapped in the warp en route to Terra. Their lord, Mortarion, swore fealty to Nurgle and saw his sons transformed into Plague Marines; their flesh bubbling with corruption, their innards spilling through lesions in their putrid skin and their bodies and weapons oozing with slime.

They rule over the Plague Planet where sickness and pestilence are the norm, where miasmic clouds bring contagion and death and where the diseased pray to Nurgle for relief from their constant agony.

When the Death Guard march from the Eye, or the Cicatrix Maledictum, there goes before them countless pandemics which ravage those who would oppose them even before the Plague Marines strike and bring the blessings of Grandfather Nurgle...

Inspirational Friday: Death Guard runs until the 11th of August.

Let us be inspired.

To whomever wins IF: Death Guard goes the Pox Amulet...

gallery_63428_7083_8312.png

...and the honour of judging the next challenge (which they can relinquish to me if they wish).

Please submit your entries (and any questions you might have) in the main IF thread linked to above.

• 2 weeks later...

Played my first game with Death Guard today. 1500 points vs Militarum Tempestus.

I took the DG half of the Dark Imperium Box, Necrosius (FW guy), Typhus, a Sorcerer, a Discopred and a Helbrute w/ Lascannon and Missile Launcher.

I rolled like hot garbage for my Pred and Helbrute so they took almost four rounds to kill a single Taurox Prime... 

Poxwalkers are nice, especially if they get buffed by Typhus/Necrosius. They did hardly any damage against his Ogrins or vehicles but they are a nice screen to hold objectives and tie up enemy units in CC.

Plague Marines with Blightlaunchers feel quite powerful.

The Bloat Drone is just solid. It's a good allrounder that neither did phenomenal damage or anything but it is good at distracting and harassing the enemy, as well as tanking!