++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

Group shot of my 1st Company so far :smile.:

<snip>

You can see more pics of my Dread in my WIP thread. Can't wait to start on Mortarion (filthy warp storms!).

Geez okay! Here, get your second like already! :tongue.:

Hehe :blush.:

Hopefully Mortarion (and co) should arrive this Thursday so I can start to plan on subassemblies aswell as on my initial 1k and 1,5k points army lists for Zone Mortalis :wub:.

Edited by Atia

Not going to make any final decisions until I've got the book in front of me and I can actually plan lists/purchases, but I was planning on 2x7 along with 2x20 poxwalkers as my troops for 2k games, occasionally swapping both for something like a big 15-20 man blob of marines in order to try out that hilarious grenade stratagem. That feels like a reasonable amount of special weapons to me, but comes close to 700 points and there are so many goodies that I want to fit into every list.

Hopefully with some Terminators coming down and Drones (+sometimes Mortarion) gallivanting around at (relatively) high speeds, they will get into range and do some damage.

How many units of Plague Marines are you guys gonna use for 2k games? 2x7, 3x7? 

I'm thinking at least 3 squads of 7. I've been toying with the idea of taking one or two that's CC dedicated, walking them up the board with Plague - Haulers in front and a Foul Blightspawn. When they reach the enemy, they'll either strike first or I'll force my opponent to burn CPs to activate their squad first. For extra effect, use the Blight Grenade Strategem, have the Blightspawn give the Plague Marines Hyper Blight Grenades, and toss them first. 

None. I was very unimpressed with their dmg output against scatbikes or necrons so far in all my games.

Yes, use them against the unit much faster than them and a unit that can regenerate against any attrition losses very quickly, that's sure to be a good test of their capabilities!

None. I was very unimpressed with their dmg output against scatbikes or necrons so far in all my games.

Yes, use them against the unit much faster than them and a unit that can regenerate against any attrition losses very quickly, that's sure to be a good test of their capabilities!

They are pretty much what everyone plays in my area unfortunately. At least I haven't seen Tau lately. last time I was at the GW shop for 7th there were literally 10 Tau players in the room waiting for a quick game. I have been avoiding a game against GK too. I just don't want to deal with their BS until I get a bit more practice.

well, i had sold my chaos a year ago...a guy offered to sell me a couple dark imperium boxes super cheap...sold the primaris marines...now i have 2 sets of death guard.  Guess i'm a chaos player again.

I have quite a bit of models i could part with at this point. I should simple green them down and figure out how to sell them.

How are you guys planning on painting up your DG? 

That's is probably my favorite tutorial I've seen for a grimey white DG. I've seen quite a few different painters use enamel washes cleaned up with mineral spirits in that fashion. I think I might pick some of that AK interactive stuff up and try it out for mine. 

I'm actually attempting to use the exact same technique from that tutorial but other colours so it resembles the art below, but dirtier and rusty. Just need to get my hands on the most fitting AK/AMMO MIG Streaking Grime colour. I'm thinking either the Dark one or the Winter Vehicles one. Maybe the one for Panzer Grey, although it seems to be just a darker shade of brown. It certainly would be helpful to see them in person, which is proving to be surprisingly and annoyingly difficult, considering I live in the same country both brands are from.

73Xh8Mc.jpg

I'm actually attempting to use the exact same technique from that tutorial but other colours so it resembles the art below, but dirtier and rusty. Just need to get my hands on the most fitting AK/AMMO MIG Streaking Grime colour. I'm thinking either the Dark one or the Winter Vehicles one. Maybe the one for Panzer Grey, although it seems to be just a darker shade of brown. It certainly would be helpful to see them in person, which is proving to be surprisingly and annoyingly difficult, considering I live in the same country both brands are from.

73Xh8Mc.jpg

That looks like a pretty awesome color scheme. I've noticed there are times when DG are depicted with brass/bronzne and other times with more of a steel/silver trim.. any reason for the difference in appearance? 

If I decided not to go with "game" colors for the green would something like an olive drab be the right corresponding military color of green for 30k DG accents? 

So I've been getting into the nurgly domain of things after getting the DI box as a nice gift , and I'm going for a Putrid Choir / Pox Mortis type of scheme with a copper oxide colour theme. I've managed to produce these two where basically the only difference is the wash atop the Gauss Blaster Green layer, left is diluted Coelia greenshade, right is diluted Athonian camoshade. No relayering or highlights yet.

What are your thoughts on this base of a colour scheme ?

I'll do a proper WIP soon :)

http://i63.tinypic.com/104ji3s.jpg

Would love some more info on how these guys were painted, espicially the one on the right. Excellent job! Edited by TasadarMadBear

That looks like a pretty awesome color scheme. I've noticed there are times when DG are depicted with brass/bronzne and other times with more of a steel/silver trim.. any reason for the difference in appearance? 

Different interpretations of the same(ish) descriptions, I suppose. Pre-Heresy Death Guard armour is described in various ways, such as bare iron and brass, grey and brass, white and silver, etc. I just specifically like that one interpretation of it.

Mine are a sunburst twist on the classic white (looks almost yellowish from the Seraphim Sepia washes) with black replacing green and select red iconography. 

For example:

t8mQGQEh.jpg

2Gd49d6h.jpg

4Vl5rLfh.jpg

Edited by DuskRaider