The Helion Legion - Empurata's WIP - ETL V vows completed!

First post of the new year and again it's a vanguard update. Good news is I finally finished painting each member with 3 colours up and based them properly.

med_gallery_80929_9904_30464.jpg

As of this post my my bases have all been painted and my vanguard veterans only need to have their chapter icon transfer's and battle damage applied but other than that the squad is mostly done. Once I do the transfers and battle damage I'll post some final updated photos to show them off in all their glory.

But now to My new WIP/PIP for the Helion Legion. For a quick diversion from squad building I decided to look back to my HQ section in the force organisation and decided to build my Chapter Master. So without further delay.

Aegletes Rex: Liege Maximo of the Helion Legion,

med_gallery_80929_9904_67515.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_4592.jpg

So Chapter Master Rex came about as part of a vision I had around the time as I built my Captain which was to create HQ units that and be either a normal unit from the codex or to proxy as a Ultramarine (or other) special character provided they had the same wargear. When brainstorming Aegletes Rex I decided to make certain rules for the build to help make it stand out from other versions of fan-made/proxy Calgar. (Though some of them found on this forum are pretty badass.)

1. No Dual Power Fists - Simply put, I have always saw the "Gauntlets of Ultramar" as unique, one of a kind set of wargear that only Calgar uses. So to represent the gauntlets rules I decided to just use the one and say it was a Master crafted relic that boasts more power than standard power fists.

2. Artificer Armour Version first, then do a Terminator version later.

3. Make him Greeco/Roman as possible but not too Ultramarine.

4. Paint my power fist blue as this item is supposed to be a UM relic in my fluff. which I will write up on later.

So far as you can see in the photo's I have already built my model and now it on PIP status. I might consider changing up the storm bolter though as I think the scope is a bit much on him and just use the one from the SM captain kit and maybe removing some of the UM iconography off the model, mainly from the tabard.

Happy New Year B&C and hope to post again soon.

EDITORIAL: After doing the base colours of CM Rex I decided to rebuild parts of him as I was not quite satisfied with the model's look. Back to the cutting room floor I go.

Edited by Empurata

• 1 month later...

Hello B&C,

Its been a while isn't it? Sadly I do not have any new WIP to show at this moment as I have a fair bit going on with my life and I thought i will just do a quick post to update you on what I have been doing lately and to say "I'm not dead".

Since my last post I have planned, dry-fit and begun modelling on my second tactical squad for the chapter. The process is taking some time as I had planned and decided to add actual damage to each model rather than just paint chips and dirt on the model and call it a day. One of the challenges I have is that I had little idea on how to apply the damage without ruining the model. Thankfully fellow B&C member "Mister Feral" and his Red Corsairs WIP ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/319238-oneius-prayds-red-corsairs/ ) has provided me with the means to achieve a result. I just need to be better with greenstuff sculpting before I can be fully satisfied and start painting.

Also since my last post I have since went back to the drawing board for my Chapter Master/Marneus Calgar proxy. Ever since I finished painting him i was growing more and more dissatisfied with his appearance. Something about having the one powerfist and storm bolter just did not sit well with me. So against what I said last post I decided to lop off the storm bolter arm and replace it with another Powerfist which I further converted to have with an integrated storm bolter similar to Abbadon the Despoiler's "Talon or Horus" it still requires a ammo clip still and I'm thinking of something along the lines of Pedro Kantor's "Dorn's Arrow" for inspiration.

To finish my chapter master off I was contemplating whether or not I should repaint my chapter master in a all gold scheme to better represent the artificer aspect of my chapter master's armour. I don't if I will or not yet and would appreciate some thoughts on the matter.

Next time I will post pics of my tactical squad once a few have been done with their battle damage and before they are painted.

UPDATE 17/3/2016: Here are the first photos of my WIP Tactical Squad. I am working on the rest of the squad which does include a Heavy Bolter and i think wi'll be ready to paint them soon.

med_gallery_80929_9904_50170.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_94039.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_46373.jpg

Edited by Empurata

• 3 weeks later...

One small non-content post for you guys. As of this date Tactical Squad 2 is in it's late PiP stage and is nearing completion. I will need to finish the paint job, rebase the models onto 32mm bases and apply transfers and weathering before I can call it completed. In other news I have finally finished my first edition of my "Index Astartes: Helion Legion" post in the Liber Astartes on this site. So if you want to know more about my chapter's history and organisation please feel free to read and enjoy. It's not Black Library material that's for sure but I still had great fun in fleshing out a decade old DIY chapter with my own little additions.

Until then fellow hobbyists...

• 1 month later...

Praise the sun and welcome back fellow hobbyists.

It's update time folks with new WIP models to show off. Sorry for the long delay, I had been busy with finding new work, going on a holiday and upon returning painting up and completing my Age of Sigmar Duardin (Dwarf) army. As of yesterday my tactical squad is done finally done with it's Transfer and battle damage applications. They just need to be put into their new 32mm bases now before the can be declared completed.

Now on to something completely different.

So back in March I participated in a B&C event called "Brotherhood of the Angels" where I had to essentially flesh out my chapter's history more including relics, famous campaigns, chapter fleet and so on. After I had completed my IA Article for the event, I had created more mythos for my chapter than I originally intended. One important part was that the chapter now had 3 known relics that only the chapter master would wear in time of need.

So that got me working on my chapter master Aeglates Rex (Calgar proxy) again and AGAIN despite my previous post showing off his "final" build he went through another 2 before I got to where I am now.

med_gallery_80929_9904_128042.jpg

Previously I went with the classic "Fists of Fury" Calgar and gave him 2 powerfists, one with a built in stormbolter not unlike Abbadon's Talon of Horus. But then I scrapped the idea after realising how awkward it looked.

Then while I was overseas this got released.

sml_gallery_80929_9904_354940.jpg

And with it the next step towards my goal was made. See after I finished my second tac squad I was going to work on either my terminators or my Sternguard next and when this kit came about it pretty much became clear as to what I wanted to do next.

So after purchasing the kit this morning and spending the rest of my day cutting, gluing and converting all the pieces together I have now created my Chapter Master as he would appear when using terminator Calgar's rules

med_gallery_80929_9904_86045.jpg

And here he is as he is represented in my chapter's lore, Equipped with the chapter's holiest relics which is essentially the wargear of Saul Invictus, Captain of the Ultramarines First Company who fell to Hive Fleet Behemoth in a heroic last stand during the First Tyrannic War. The relics consist of:

- Helion's Wrath (Serving as Calgars PF Attacks), A unique powerfist that has a lighter build to allow the use to deal more consecutive blows

- The Armour Invictus (Terminator Armour with Teleport Homer) The recovered and repaired armour of Saul Invictus

- Sun's Radiance (the AP2 Stormbolter) Saul Invictus' personal Plasma Blaster, A rare and ancient weapon pre-heresy days.

When it came to converting my chapter master Most of it was simple part swapping and using a sharp hobby knife to remove the power sword arm from the cape. The only real difficulty was the creating the plasma blaster and removing the stormbolter from the captains arm without damaging the arm or hand itself.

Building the Plasma Blaster was nothing more than cutting, shaving and gluing 2 of the same/similar plasma pistols together and gluing it onto the chosen hand. Once I've glued my blaster on I just added a spare bolter scope (or just shave one off a unused gun) and the original Stormbolter's strap back on a BAM!. One Plasma Blaster.

One long note about making a plasma blaster my way:

You'd be surprised by how one plasma pistol from one kit can be so different from another and I don't just mean the details. I mean some pistols are larger than others or they are sculpted so distinctly that they don't match up well at all when stuck together. It just makes the weapon look like two different weapons slapped together instead of one double barrelled weapon. I think ones I used used was one from the Vanguard Veterans kit (the one with a winged skull) and one from the tactical/assault marines set (Which has no features or details like purity seals/skulls/etc).

As well as Aegletes Rex himself I have also built the remaining half of my terminator squad which when paired up with the black reach terminators I have make one complete squad of 10.

med_gallery_80929_9904_20405.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_58650.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_182289.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_39041.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_72597.jpg

As one can tell from the pictures my wargear loadout will consist of 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Cyclone Missle Launcher and 2 chainfists. Conversion wise I did a few head swaps to help give my terminators more character as the one thing I wanted to represent on my terminators is that each model is an individual character similar to how Space Hulk had characterised their terminators with each model looking unique despite most using the same wargear. The most work done was on my Sergeant who received the spare rebreather head and power sword from the plastic terminator captain that was used for Chapter Master Rex. Initially I was split between giving him either a Crux Terminus shoulder or the Inquisition shoulder that came with the set to represent a history with the Deathwatch but since my own fluff gave the chapter trust issues with the inquisition I decided against it.

For now I will leave it at that folks. As a final note for today I intend to participate in this year's "E Tenebrae Lux V" event as a self-motivator to do more with my chapter in the coming months. Will I succeed? Will I fail? We'll just have to wait and see.

Week 1 into "E Tenebrae Lux V" lets see how I've done so far....

For those who have not seen my original vow I intend to at least complete 1 vow which consists of building and painting:

- Marneus Calgar in Terminator Armour

- Marneus Calgar in Power Armour

- Chief Libraian Tigurius

- Chaplain Cassius

- 10 Terminators equipped with 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher and 2 Chainfists.

- 5 Sternguard Veterans equipped with Bolters and 1 Heavy Flamer.

- 5 Assault Marines equipped with Jump packs, Bolt Pistols and Chainswords.

As one might tell from the images below. I have so far completed 2 entries of my Vow and I'm currently planning out my 3rd and 4th. With any luck I should be done with this vow before the event's end. Since this is my first painting event on B&C I do not want to overdo it and make multiple vows. I most likely will just stick with the one, complete it and leave it at that.

Now onto my Completed models.

med_gallery_80929_9904_138338.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_86147.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_131729.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_51180.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_102795.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_56819.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_5209.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_97975.jpg

So I feel it's best to discuss design choices here. So like the Sternguard and Vanguard Veterans, The Helion Legion's terminators also practice the tradition of painting a piece of wargear in Ultramarines blue. The original idea for this came from an old GW web article about "Helion Terminators" written by the chapter's original creator and one of my inspirations for this project. The reason why the chapter does this has been explained in past posts and in my chapter's IA. When building my last 5 terminators I tried to copy the exact same models as the web article showed many moons ago but upon realizing I did not have the necessary parts needed to pull this off (Purity Seals for one) I settled to just do my own thing for a few models.

You might notice on the little shields on the terminators that they all have the same markings. Pretty much like my regular marines, my terminators also has squad identification painted onto a piece of armour to denote the squad speciality and squad number in this case "Tactical Terminator Squad 1". The lower half of the shield was meant to be 2 swords lined up diagonally to represent either a campaign badge or as a battle honour painted on to represent a heroic deed made by the squad.

Well that's all I got today folks. Next time i'll post WIP of my first Assault Marine squad and my completed Marneus Calgar proxy (in power/artificer armour).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I follow, for some time, your subject on Helion Legion.

I have too caught the “virus” by reading the series of Steve Cuminskey’s articles appeared in White-Dwarf.

After a break of decade, I thus take back the hobby with a strength of Helion Legion. I estimated a lot your work concerning the information about the Chapter. I have it even make a Codex (I’m graphic designer in my job) and I work, at present, on the decals of the chapter :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/22/1464791209-iconographie-helion-legion.jpg

(for example) If you want to tell me of what you think of it?

I will to open, very quickly, a subject on the French forum dedicated to the Hobby (Le Warfo), I shall cross you a link when it will be made.

I shall be curious to know your list of current army. :smile.:

In any case attractive job, good continuation brother-in-arms and bye for now !

SkiL, french gamer

PS : Saddened if my English is bad, I translated via a software :happy.:

Edited by SkiL

Hi,

I follow, for some time, your subject on Helion Legion.

I have too caught the “virus” by reading the series of Steve Cuminskey’s articles appeared in White-Dwarf.

After a break of decade, I thus take back the hobby with a strength of Helion Legion. I estimated a lot your work concerning the information about the Chapter. I have it even make a Codex (I’m graphic designer in my job) and I work, at present, on the decals of the chapter :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/22/1464791209-iconographie-helion-legion.jpg

(for example) If you want to tell me of what you think of it?

I will to open, very quickly, a subject on the French forum dedicated to the Hobby (Le Warfo), I shall cross you a link when it will be made.

I shall be curious to know your list of current army. :smile.:

In any case attractive job, good continuation brother-in-arms and bye for now !

SkiL, french gamer

PS : Saddened if my English is bad, I translated via a software :happy.:

Bonjour,
S'il vous plaît excuser le mauvais français je suis en utilisant Google Translate pour aider à répondre à vous.
Tout d'abord, je voudrais présenter mes excuses pour ne pas répondre de nouveau à vous plus tôt. J'avais été occupé avec des questions importantes récemment et a raté votre message lorsque vous avez commenté sur ma page WIP.
J'ai lu une page traduit à peu près de votre post sur le forum et je voudrais dire que je suis très heureux que mon travail et que l'article de Steve Cuminskey a influencé une autre en revenir dans le passe-temps. Nous saluons le retour. :biggrin.:
Quant au chapitre iconographie je l'aime. Il y a quelques idées vraiment bien que vous avez ici que je voudrais appliquer. Si elle est d'aucune aide pour vous à garder à proximité du matériel original, j'ai pris une photo de l'iconographie du chapitre de l'article original pour nous.
med_gallery_80929_9904_179182.jpg
Première rangée: Chapitre Icône, Escouade Tactique *, attaque rapide **, soutien lourd ***, Escouade de Commandement.
Deuxième rangée: chapitre Icône de peloton sergent, équipe sergent, le sergent vétéran, Elites, commandant / capitaine
* Également utilisé sur Bolter / Shotgun Scouts
** Également utilisé sur Fermer Scouts de combat
*** Également utilisé sur Sniper / Missile Launcher / lourds Bolter Scouts.
Aussi la lecture par le biais de votre formulaire, je pensais que je pourrais aider à clarifier certaines choses.:
- La plupart de l'histoire est à moi, comme leur monde de la flotte et de l'histoire. L'article fournit une base à partir de laquelle je peux bâtir.
- Le chapitre se concentre l'icône de leur chapitre sur leur droit en raison de la quantité d'armure Mk6 Corvus qui ont parsemé l'épaule sur le côté gauche.
- Initialement Terminators peindre parties de leur armure bleu comme un moyen de la traditions d'honorer leur chapitre parent. Je suis celui qui a donné les anciens combattants cette distinction aussi bien.
- Seuls les Sergents et certains dirigeants ont deux épaules peintes en noir au lieu de blanc et de noir.
- Sur les sergents de note, un Marine dans l'équipe est nommé vétéran et chef d'équipe (avec les épaules noires) et un autre est un sergent de combat qui dirige la moitié de l'équipe si elles sont divisées en déploiement.
- La Helion Légion est-ce que ne pas avoir Vindicators . Ce fut une erreur de ma part et il devrait en fait être « 0-1 Land Raider "
Si vous avez d'autres questions, ne hésitez pas à répondre s'il vous plaît revenir et je vais revenir à vous quand je peux.
Merci d'avoir suivi et me mentionner dans votre forum aussi.

Puisque vous étiez assez aimable pour relier mon travail sur votre forum , je reviendrai la faveur:

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=241736

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Rough translation for my English readers:

Hello,

Please excuse the poor French as I am using Google Translate to help respond back to you.

Firstly I would like to apologise for not replying back to you sooner. I had been busy with important matters recently and missed your post when you first commented on my WIP page.

I have read a roughly translated page of your forum post and I would like to say that I am very happy that my work and that article by Steve Cuminskey has influenced another into getting back into the hobby. Welcome back. :biggrin.:

As for the Chapter iconography I love it. There are some real nice ideas you have here which I would like to apply. If it is of any help to you in keeping close to the original material I have taken a photo of the chapter's iconography from the original article for us.

First Row: Chapter Icon, Tactical Marines*, Fast Attack**, Heavy Support***, Command Squad.

Second Row: Chapter Icon for squad sergeant, Combat Squad Sergeant, Veteran Sergeant, Elites, Commander/Captain

*Also used on Bolter/Shotgun Scouts

** Also used on Close Combat Scouts

*** Also used on Sniper/Missile Launcher/Heavy Bolter Scouts.

Also reading through your forum I thought I might help clarify some things.

- Most of the story is my own such as their fleet, homeworld and history. The article just provided a base from which I can build up on.

- The chapter mostly wears their chapter icon on their right due to the amount of Mk.6 armour they have which has the studded shoulder on the left side.

- Originally Terminators paint parts of their armour blue as a way of tradition to honour their parent chapter. I was the one who gave the veterans that distinction as well.

- Only Sergeants and some leaders have both shoulders painted black.

- On the note sergeants, a Marine in the team is appointed veteran and team leader (with black shoulders) and another is a combat sergeant who runs half the team if they are divided into courses deployment.

- The Helion Legion do not have Vindicators. This was a mistake on my part and it should actually be "0-1 Land Raider"

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply back and i'll get back to you when I can.

Thank you for following and also mentioning me in your forum.

Since you were kind enough to connect my work on your forum , I will return the favour:

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=241736

Edited by Empurata

Nice to have taken time to answer.

For the iconography, I am going to lean on the information which you have just given me.
I had no this article, in the French version of White-Dwarf, I managed to put the hand only on 3 articles which deal with H-L: the first one on the way of painting the navies(marines) and how Steve to create own fluff sound; the second on the addition of its unity(unit) of terminator when the latter went out in plastic box and the last one concerning decorations(sets) created according to the plan of color of the world origin of the chapter.

I am very satisfied to see that the chapter has access to Land-Raider, I added one to my list and it is the only limitation that I had not respected, this and a land speeder Storm for my boy scouts.

Contrary to you, I left on the elaboration of Vème Cie of the chapter. Resuming (taking back) your notes(marks) and those of Steve to create my fluff own.

You speak terminators which are the only unity (unit) to possess blue pauldrons ultramar vestige of their founding chapter. For my part, I said to myself that the veterans and the certain sergeants could also carry (wear) this type (chap) of armor. I wanted that Vème Cie is one of the oldest at the level equipment where from the addition of figurines stemming from the box Heresy Horus: Betrayal of Calth.
In the pleasure to see others of your painted figurines!

SkiL,

Nice to have taken time to answer.

For the iconography, I am going to lean on the information which you have just given me.

I had no this article, in the French version of White-Dwarf, I managed to put the hand only on 3 articles which deal with H-L: the first one on the way of painting the navies(marines) and how Steve to create own fluff sound; the second on the addition of its unity(unit) of terminator when the latter went out in plastic box and the last one concerning decorations(sets) created according to the plan of color of the world origin of the chapter.

I am very satisfied to see that the chapter has access to Land-Raider, I added one to my list and it is the only limitation that I had not respected, this and a land speeder Storm for my boy scouts.

Contrary to you, I left on the elaboration of Vème Cie of the chapter. Resuming (taking back) your notes(marks) and those of Steve to create my fluff own.

You speak terminators which are the only unity (unit) to possess blue pauldrons ultramar vestige of their founding chapter. For my part, I said to myself that the veterans and the certain sergeants could also carry (wear) this type (chap) of armor. I wanted that Vème Cie is one of the oldest at the level equipment where from the addition of figurines stemming from the box Heresy Horus: Betrayal of Calth.

In the pleasure to see others of your painted figurines!

SkiL,

Je vous remercie d'avoir répondu en arrière. Je suis heureux que vous aimez la photo je fournis à titre de référence. Peut-être dans un proche avenir je vais travailler pour télécharger les originaux complets des articles de page dans l'espoir que les origines du projet Légion Helion ne sont pas perdus.

Je me réjouis de voir votre cinquième société à l'avenir et ne vous inquiétez pas au sujet des limites aussi. Étant donné que le point a été fait à 40k quatrième édition, des unités telles que les Centurions et Land Speeder Storms n'existaient à l'époque. J'ai personnellement aucun problème avec quelqu'un d'ajouter de nouvelles unités pour ajouter à l'arsenal du chapitre depuis afterall il est notre passe-temps et nous pouvons le faire à notre guise avec elle.

J'ai aussi oublié de dire le dernier message que j'ai également ajouté et mis à jour le duvet du chapitre , vous devriez être en mesure de voir tout cela dans mon autre forum: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294971-ia-the-helion-legion/

Encore une fois, si vous avez des questions s'il vous plaît ne pas hésiter à demander.

J'espère que les traductions contribuent par la manière. Encore une fois désolé si les choses ne font aucun sens

--------------------------------

Rough Translation:

Thank you for the follow up SkiL and I'm glad you like the photo I provided. Maybe in the near future I will work to upload the original full page articles (In English) in hopes that the Helion Legion Project's origins are not lost.

I look forward to seeing more of your Fifth Company in the future and don't worry about the limitations too much. Since the article was made during 40k forth edition, units like Centurions and Land Speeder Storms did not exist back then. Personally I have no problem with someone adding the newer units to the chapter's armoury since afterall it's our hobby and we can do as we please with it.

I also forgot to say last post that I have also added and updated the fluff of the chapter, you should be able to see it all in my other forum

Again if you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope that translations contributed by the way. Again sorry if things make no sense.

Edited by Empurata

Maybe in the near future I will work to upload the original full page articles (In English)

It is a magnificent idea, I am not sure that French articles are many as well as those in English, furthermore, I have 2/3 white dwarf which misses me in this period and I had to pass next to certain information.

Since the article was made during 40k forth edition, units like Centurions and Land Speeder Storms did not exist back then.

Actually I had not taken into account this element.

I am going to continue to follow your work and fast to put myself has to move forward mine to be able to share him(it) to you. Thank you for the effort of translation, but do not annoy you, I can translate myself your answer if it is faster for you.

All the best.

SkiL,

• 2 months later...

"The dawn rises heralding a new day. Praise the Emperor my brothers for we have survived the night."

- Sergeant Gallus of the Helion Legion 2nd company, 3rd tactical squad.

ETL V Vow Results

Hello my fellow hobbyists. Sorry it's been a while but as my updated title says, I have been busy in completing my first ETL competition and in doing so managed to reinforce my chapter with more commanders and veterans. With ETL V completed I have also managed to complete my entire HQ and ELITE section of my force organisation chart. Below you shall see the fruits of my labour. In order I have finished the following characters and units:

- High Chaplain Albus (Proxy for Chaplain Cassius)

- Chief Librarian Herminius (Chief Librarian Tigurius Proxy / Librarian)

- Chapter Master Aeglates Rex in Terminator Armour and Relic Power Armour (Marneus Calgar Proxy)

- The remaining 5 members of Sternguard Veteran Squad Varinus

- 10 man Tactical Terminator Squad Livianus

- 5 members of Assault Squad Manlius

med_gallery_80929_9904_116979.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_160118.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_51180.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_166405.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_138840.png

med_gallery_80929_9904_138338.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_86147.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_76412.jpg

Now I don't like to double post but today I have so much stuff to show off I couldn't do it all in one. A few days ago (August 16th) marked my second year anniversary of when I first joined Bolter and Chainsword and made this very WIP Thread. To commemorate this I decided to post a little piece of GW History.

med_gallery_80929_9904_257090.pngmed_gallery_80929_9904_1098754.png

That's right loyal followers and brothers of the Imperium. I have uploaded to my gallery full page scans of the original and only article concerning the Helion Legion. The very same article that 10 years later would inspire me to expand continue this chapter's legacy. Found within the hallowed pages of White Dwarf 297 (Published September 2004) One shall find the first official appearance of the Helion Legion in a full 6 page article about one hobbyist's project to revive his old chapter concept from back in the Rogue Trader days of Warhammer 40,000. Similar to what I've been proudly doing today. This article gave many hobbyists back then a fairly in depth look at the chapter's inspirations, livery, history and even a How-To Paint section so others can build, paint and play the Helion Legion chapter themselves.

Hopefully this wont raise any red flags with the B&C admins, or GW for that matter as I only wish to share what inspired me to collect Warhammer all those years ago and provide others the opportunity to learn more about who the Helion Legion were before all my little additions and alterations.

Also I have a question for all those who would like to answer. Concerning my Sergeant's/Veteran's Helmets, Should I have painted their helmets in the the codex-compliant Sergeant Red/Veteran Sgt White or leave it black and use another way to denote squad leaders like I have been doing?

This was something I should have thought about more before I painted my first squads but In the image above you can clearly see a squad of rogue trader space marines with the veteran sergeant's helmet painted white and so far in my WIP I have denoted Sergeants/Veterans with either Red helmet crests, left them without a helmet or painted them with black helmets with white Laurels. While Ultramarine Terminators have white helmets the Helion Legion do not denote theirs terminators as such in their source material so I will not worry about them. Your input on the matter will be most appreciated.

Finally for now, I shall reveal to all my future plans for the WIP:

- Re-basing my second tactical squad onto 32mm bases finally.

- I have a second Predator tank underway that is still in the WIP stage

- Plans to complete my scout squad

- Plans to complete my first Assault Squad which I started during ETL V

- BUT BEFORE ALL THAT. This...

med_gallery_80929_9904_42381.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello my Fellow Hobbyists. Apologies for the very long absence I had a lot of things going on since my last post in....August. Wow I really have been away haven't I?  

But now I am rested, I am semi-motivated and I am willing to get back to completing more of the Helion Legion. Sadly no new WIP pics yet as really the only things I've done this year was once more rework my chapter's fluff for the umpteenth time and re-base the tactical squad and assault marines I keep showing off and finally completing them. Now onto New projects. I believe I had a tank and a Collectors Edition Model to paint Yes?

Look forward to something in the coming weeks and a very (very) late happy new years to all.

• 5 months later...

Greetings from me 6 months after my last post. Man i'm bad to keeping a schedule I am so sorry. I just had a lot of things going on in life that kept me from continuing my hobby at the steady pace I once was on. Here's hoping hing get back on track now and to start off I have here what I was on/off working on over the last couple of months.

So I decided to complete NOT complete my assault squad first and instead take 5 Black Templar neophytes from my collection in order to complete my 10 man scout squad. Sadly there is not many WIP pic, All I really did was try my hand at sculpting camo cloaks for the scouts so that they fit in with the models I currently had. The result was not perfect but at a glance they got the job done.

med_gallery_80929_9904_43900.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_69371.jpg

med_gallery_80929_9904_16695.jpg

And here they are with my Sgt. Telion lined up behind them. So now my squad loadout is WYSIWYG

- 4 Sniper Rifles

- 4 Bolters

- 1 Missile Launcher

- Sgt with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

- Camo Cloaks.

gallery_80929_9904_21155.jpg

In other news I just recently found out the Helion Legion now has a wiki page at the Warhammer 40k wiki courtesy of B&C's own Algrim Whitefang. Needless to say I was quite surprised and overall pleased with this. There are a few things that I feel needed editing. Mainly concerning the chapter colours section but everytime I try to edit it it just reverts back to before. Hopefully I can contact Algrim and discuss this further but for now Here's the link and Enjoy all the effort he has put into this. Thank's Algrim. http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Helion_Legion

To wrap up this post Here are some snippets of what I'll be working on next for the Helion Legion:

med_gallery_80929_9904_76531.jpgmed_gallery_80929_9904_118957.jpg
Would you believe this only cost me AUS$70. Got a bloody good bargain with the 4th ed tactical squad.

Hope to post again soon and as always, happy wargaming.