Regiments of the B&C: Treads & Thrusters

Kierdale

med_gallery_63428_7083_1010566.png

++Priority Dispatch to Regimental Commanders & AdMech Saliatus Attache.++

++Orders: Documentation and pict recording of regimental transportation [air/ground/transatmos].++

++All regiments required to register.++

++Regimental commanders to submit transport picts and details (both apropos aforementioned transport and regiment itself).++

++Failure to comply with order will result in frontal lobotomy and reduction to servitor status.++

++By the Emperor’s Decree.++

++Bless the Omnissiah.++

Thought for the day:
Let us not think of mobility in an army, unless we think of mobility accompanied by violence.
- C.P. Summeral, Merican General, M2.

Welcome to the second modelling challenge hosted by the Bolter & Chainsword's Imperial Guard forum, Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters.

What the vow entails:

• Signifying your participation (via a post stating as much in this very thread) in this grand endeavour and posting an image of the unpainted or primed model in this thread by September 14th 14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00MTZ, 21:00 PTZ).
  • By September 27th 14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00 MTZ, 21:00 PTZ):
    Posting at least one image of the finished single (loyalist or traitor) Imperial Guard transport vehicle model representative of your regiment or army.
    Writing up a short bio of that Imperial Guard vehicle, no shorter than 100 words.
    Writing up a short background of your army, no shorter than 300 words.

What is allowed:
A single vehicle with transport capacity from any Astra Militarum army (loyalist, PDF or traitor), armed with Imperial weaponry which means all FW, GW, victoria miniatures etc. as long as the vehicle is within the Astra Militarum codex, any supplements available during the competition period or one of the Forge world books. Please state in your vow the source(book) of the vehicle.

Regiments of the B&C promotion details:
As for the last Regiments of the B&C challenge there are 3 tiers of completion by the end of the challenge:

• Successfully submitting an image of your completed model earns you one rank.
  • Successfully submitting the write-up about that model earns you one rank.
  • Successfully submitting the write-up about your army earns you one rank.

You cannot earn any ranks in the challenge if you fail to submit the image of the completed model.

Those who submitted their army write-up in All For One are requested to submit it again (by all means expand upon it).
Those who earned ranks (lance corporal, corporal and sergeant) in the previous challenge will be promoted further via completions in Treads and Thrusters.

Finally...
By all means flaunt your participation in this grand endeavour with the addition into your signature of your choice of the following images:
gallery_63428_7083_46805.pnggallery_63428_7083_27103.png

Previous Challenge
Regiments of the. B&C: One For All.

Now, for those who completed the first challenge (to paint a single guardsman, and write up his/her background and that of their regiment) we have something special: new, alternative medals.
WarriorFish did a particularly nice job on the traitor ones...

Chaos Lance Corporal:
gallery_30308_9518_3591.png

Chaos Corporal:
gallery_30308_9518_6686.png

Chaos Sergeant:
gallery_30308_9518_2263.png

Lance Corporal:
gallery_30308_9518_5308.png

Corporal:
gallery_30308_9518_361.png

Sergeant:
gallery_30308_9518_3663.png

Or as bars:

Imperial
Lance Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_6018.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_6018.png

Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_3768.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_3768.png

Sergeant Badge
gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

Chaos
Chaos Lance Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_8851.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_8851.png

Chaos Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_7837.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_7837.png

Chaos Sergeant Badge
gallery_30308_9518_10789.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_10789.png

Sample Vow and entry:
I, Kierdale of the 41st Regiment of Foot, Kierdale's Shrineworld, do hereby vow to complete one Chimera (from Codex: Astra Militarum) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of Father Kierdale and the regiment.

Unpainted Chimera

med_gallery_63428_8145_68545.jpg

Completed Chimera

med_gallery_63428_8145_40938.jpg
med_gallery_63428_8145_960696.pngmed_gallery_63428_8145_400794.png
med_gallery_63428_8145_1125815.png

Chimera Background

The Chimera currently named Piety by its crew was constructed according to STC plans over three centuries ago on the forgeworld of Alceforge before being shipped to Kierdale’s World and assigned to the motorpool of the 41st regiment of foot, Faithful company.
Initially the APC was the transport of a squad of tank-hunting grenadiers, with heavy flamers installed in both the hull and turret positions. The grenadiers would disable or destroy enemy armour with their meltaguns, the crew of the then-fittingly named Fury using its flamethrowers to either roast any infantry spilling out of destroyed transports, or to protect the grenadier squad from enemy infantry.
Fury continued its righteous service in such a manner for over two generations until the 41st Foot was called upon to engage Waaargh Grimteef Skargrod’s Snakebite greenskins, who were raging through a neighbouring subsector. In the initial clashes on Pompos IV against the massed greenskins astride cyboars, and hanging off trucks pulled by similar beasts, Fury and the latest squad of grenadiers it carried served well. The plains were soon awash with flame and the smell of both scorched pork and ork.
It was when Grimteef appeared to retreat into the ruins of a city that the 41st followed in hot pursuit, eager to grind the obstreperous greenskin beneath their treads and hoofs, that saw them undone. The Snakebite warboss was more cunning than F company had anticipated and, Fury leading the charge, the APC was hit heavily by Snakebite commandoes at the city’s edge. As the grenadiers piled out they were set upon by the ork savages and the Chimera was, once the city was retaken by Angels company, finally salvaged by the Ad Mech.
Once it had been cleansed of graffiti and xenos ordure it was anointed with sacred oils and a fresh paint job to appease its machine spirit. Having been recovered by A-company it was duly requisitioned by that same company and commandeered by the command squad of 1st platoon. With a new crew (headed by an old tanker and uncle of 1st platoon’s own lieutenant. A man of better blood than the commoner who had seen the APC lost in the previous battle) the Chimera was rearmed and refitted to better suit her new role: a mobile command vehicle from which the platoon’s command squad could oversee its squads. Armed with a hull-mounted heavy bolter and a multi-laser in its turret it provides covering fire for the platoon’s advance, orders relayed via the upgraded comms to the subordinate sergeants.
The machine spirit of the rechristened Piety does still have feisty tendencies, its engine revving louder than usual on the charge, calmed only by its aging commander patting and stroking the cupola rim and keeping its heraldry in good condition.
The APC is also wont to throw its treads when in urban terrain - a trauma of its defilement at greenskin hands, the regiment’s Ad Mech Saliatus swears - so spares are kept on its port flank for quick replacement.
The chosen chariot of 1st platoon’s command squad, in-keeping with the traditions of Angels company, the regiment and homeworld itself, a pair of fine wines are stored on the back of the APC (in the ways of old when a rider would carry refreshments on the back of his steed in preparation to celebrate victory).

Regimental Background

History
Kierdale’s World is a shrineworld located in the galactic west, the nearest other Imperial settlement being the Adeptus Mechanicus-claimed world of Alceforge. Settled long ago during the Great Crusade with a name now long-forgotten, the colony was cut off from the Imperium for many millennia by warp storms during the centuries following the Horus Heresy and, starved of communication and trade, civilization reverted to a feudal state. This regression was far from smooth: noble houses who had once sworn loyalty to the planetary Imperial governor waged war against one another. None but the Ecclesiarchy were safe. The members of the priesthood shrewdly chose to side with whoever was in power at the time. These civil wars seemed fated to continue endlessly until one of the priesthood’s friars returned to the head temple professing to have witnessed a vision of the end of days.
This priest was brother Kierdale.
It was Kierdale’s great charisma and oratory skill which managed firstly to convince his superiors of the veracity of his claims and secondly to unite most of the noble houses. Those that refused to believe soon changed their minds when a Greenskin hulk was spotted entering orbit above the planet. Those who did not flock to Kierdale and the ecclisiarchy’s banner found themselves butchered by the first Greenskin assaults. Friar Kierdale himself refused to remain at the head temple and instead returned to his wandering ways, accompanied by a chosen band of comrades, lending aid where he could. It was during one of the first clashes with the Xenos that Kierdale lost his left arm, hacked off by one of the foul beings and later replaced with a cybernetic prosthetic.
Under friar Kierdale and the priesthood’s leadership the Greenskins were first driven back and finally wiped out, the climactic battle taking place upon the plains were the Orks hulk had crashlanded. Friar Kierdale fell in combat that day and Lord Burnett, leader of the majority of the household troops who took part in the action and slayer of the Ork warboss himself, chose to rename the planet in honour of the prophet. He also proclaimed that all future ruling lords of the Burnett house would bear the title Lord Kierdale.
The plains where the final battle occurred were named the Kierdale Downs and, after the taint of the Xenos had been removed, a statue of friar Kierdale was erected upon the site.
When Kierdale’s World was finally reunited with the greater Imperium, lord Kierdale was recognized as and instated as the Imperial governor. While Adeptus Mechanicus representatives from Alceforge attempt to replace the planet’s aged technology with that more equal to the majority of the Imperium, this has permeated little further than the garrison itself: the Kierdale’s Worlders on the whole clung to their old ways. While the garrison's guardsmen are armed akin to those in countless regiments across the Imperium it is a common sight to see Kierdale’s World conscripts wielding antique-looking lasguns with wooden stocks, cables connecting them to bulky powerpacks at their belts.

Abhumans
Another noted aspect of Kierdale’s World is the presence of abhumans. While the cult of the Emperor is strong, so is the taint of Chaos ever-present. Household slaves who worked the mines on the planet’s two high-gravity moons Gog and Magog developed large, overly-muscled bodies while their brains became stunted. These muscular brutes too saw combat against that Greenskin onslaught, defending their homeland and earning many laurels, such that Gogmagogs (kindred to homo sapiens gigantus) now in the 41st millennium serve in the planet’s military.
The taint of chaos was most commonly seen in offspring identified as homo sapiens variatus. Initially destroyed upon the orders of the ecclisiarchy in bloody pogroms, these mutants came to gain recognition thanks again to the actions of friar Kierdale. It was his disputes with his superiors in the church on the mutant-issue which saw him `granted` friar-status and sent out to preach across the planet, and his choosing of a `beastman` bodyguard during the wars against the Greenskins that saw them gain, if not recognition, a chance for redemption in the eyes of the Emperor. Hence the formation of penal legionnaire units lead by minor members of the priesthood. Indeed a beastman named Mister Tumnos earned his freedom (and subsequent immediate conscription into the Kierdale’s World garrison) and redemption in saving the life of the current Lord Kierdale. Mister Tumnos now serves in the lord’s command squad.
In recent years Kierdale’s Shrineworld has become home to a small band of homo sapiens rotundus refugees who were conducting offworld trade when their homeworld was consumed by the Great Devourer. These exiles are too few to form a genetically viable continuation of their species and, while they staunchly eschew the Imperial Cult (a fact which the populace of the Shrineworld take an exceedingly dim view of) they have sworn to sell their lives in the defence of their new home, earning a modicum of protection via the Adeptus Mechanicus' representatives on the planet (and the hunger those engineers have for access to the exiles' technology).

The Garrison
Following tradition, the garrison of Kierdale’s World is manned by household troops of the planet’s various noble houses, overseen by the ecclisiarchy. Guardsmen take pride in their uniforms which, while being of a fashion non-native to Kierdale's World (it is in the majority most similar to that worn by the Iron Guard of Mordia), they see as a sign of their having been chosen for service in the Emperor's own Hammer. While the vast majority of homes on Kierdale's World have las-muskets which are heirlooms, passed down and lovingly cared for since the days of friar Kierdale, the garrison itself is armed with standard-pattern lasrifles. When a conscript gives up his family's weapon (often passing it on to a son or daughter) and takes up one of the garrison's own weapons it symbolises he is no longer merely to protect his homeworld but rather the Imperium itself.
When war comes to the sector which Kierdale’s World calls home (an all too often, if not continuous, occurrence), the garrison is called upon to dispatch forces. In dire occasions the majority of Kierdale’s World garrison can be dispatched to fight on foreign soil, and Fraternis Militia (conscripts) units can be raised. The nomadic trader tribes of the World’s equatorial desert regions can also be pressed into combat, their gaudy silk-clad yet ferocious warriors in stark contrast to the pristine household guardsmen.
While most household troops go to war in their pristine uniforms, some (usually those who have seen regular combat) often don more battle-worthy armour and fatigues. Nevertheless, a unit’s battlefield role is indicated by coloured markings upon their armour and uniform in a manner akin to that of Arcadian regiments (c.f. the Arcadian 5th):

• Units fulfilling a command role such as company command squads display yellow markings.
  • Units in a support role have blue markings. Examples include heavy weapon squads and dedicated transports.
  • Assault units such as cavalry and many veteran units are marked with green.
  • Infantry squads and other such line/tactical units are indicated by red markings.
  • White indicates conscripts.
  • Black indicates penitents.

Infantry display these colours on hat bands, trouser stripes and epaulets (in the case of those wearing `soft` armour) or as a vertical stripe over the helmet and the front, back and lower side trim of shoulder pads (in the case of those wearing `hard` armour). Should an officer wear an aiguillette, the primary colour will be that of his unit type, with yellow or gold tips indicating his command position. Dual roles are indicated by combining two colours in these locations.

Entrants and Progress

Regiments of the B&C - Treads and Thrusters
ID Recruit WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Event Rank Regiment Rank
1 captain sox WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Lance Corporal [/td]
2 Dark_Apostle_XVII WIP Model Vehicle Regiment MIA
3 scatmandoo WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant
4 Grotsmasha WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
5 Battle-Brother Ludovic WIP Model Vehicle Regiment KIA
6 Elmo9141 WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant
7 Kilofix WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
8 WarriorFish WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
9 lionofjudah WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Lance Corporal Colour Sergeant
10 Nicodemus Dolorosus WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
11 HLVW WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Corporal
12 Bonzi WIP Model Vehicle Regiment MIA
13 Sviar WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
14 cod_lover WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
15 ForlorneRaven WIP Model Vehicle Regiment MIA
16 Idlem WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant Warrant Officer Class 2
17 librisrouge WIP Model Vehicle Regiment KIA
18 CoffeeGrunt WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Sergeant
19 Reyner WIP Model Vehicle Regiment MIA
+DAN+ WIP Model Vehicle Regiment Lance Corporal Lance Corporal

Love that you guys made traitor guard badges too! You all go to so much effort!

Shame I don't use transport tanks as i can get a tank done quickly. Think I have the Valkyrie I didn't do for the ETL in the end kicking around. I guess I'll have to vow something now (I want one of those awesome traitor tanks in my sig, especially after the extra effort you guys put in to make it different) so might as well get that done.

Will make my participation official with a photo later when I'm on my laptop. *Edit* See Below

14503489682_648f5dc679_n.jpg

I Dark_Apostle_XVII hereby vow to complete 1 Astra Militarum Traitor Guard Valkyrie by September 27th for the glory of the 'Traitor 13th' and the Word Bearers 30th Host.

I scatmandoo hereby vow one spec ops valkyrie from codex Astra Militarum for b&c treads and thrusters by the 27th,

Here are the initial pics,

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20140816_193615.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20140816_193628.jpg

lets get painting!!

Sadly I've no Transports left, so I'll have to pass on this one.

Good luck to the participants, though! Looking forward to some results, especially the Valks. thumbsup.gif

@scatmandoo: I like what you've done with that Valk. The hatch gunner looks great.

Sadly I've no Transports left, so I'll have to pass on this one.

Good luck to the participants, though! Looking forward to some results, especially the Valks. thumbsup.gif

@scatmandoo: I like what you've done with that Valk. The hatch gunner looks great.

Surely there is scope for getting another? Every force needs its reinforcements?

Thanks for the comments on the gunner too. Just thought it was fitting.

For progress updates, look at the pict screen found on this link so then this thread doesn't get clogged up.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289182-the-cadian-171st-regiment-work-in-progress/page-3

Surely there is scope for getting another? Every force needs its reinforcements?

You'd think so, right? I've just got an immense backlog of models to paint, and while I would like some reinforcements I'm not looking at Transports right now. I still need some MT and a Wyvern though. msn-wink.gif

So, next event, then! Depending on the subject, of course.tongue.png

I, Grotsmasha, of The Desert Rats,do hereby vow to complete one Chimera (or Taurox) from Codex: Astra Militarum for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th for the honour of the Baulkney 71st Regiment.

Starting Image

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0535_zpsdrcvyrca.jpg

Finished Images

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/70af2e94-1ba5-45d4-b0a0-9f4743b11a42_zps96457844.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1129_zpsa2ae4ef2.jpg

"Lucky Number 7" Grenadier Taurox

Lucky Number 7 started it's service with The Desert Rats as a standard issue Taurox designation B71-G-007, assigned to the 71st's elite storm trooper platoon, The Grenadiers. Lucky Number 7 has earned a reputation as both the unluckiest and blessed piece of equipment assigned to the 71st. In every engagement B71-G-007 has fought in, it has received some form of notable, immobilizing damage. 

In it's very first engagement, a lone rocket fired in haste from an eager Ork, the very first round of the campaign, managed to find it's mark and shear the suspension and wheels from the front of the Taurox, causing Lucky Number 7 into a triple cartwheel. Weapon malfunctions have blown holes in both sides of B71-G-007. Several times mid-combat, the steering wheel pulled from it's mount, causing Lucky Number 7 to careen unexpectedly and uncontrollably off course.

Despite B71-G-007 history of mechanical failure, weapon malfunctions and it's propensity to become a fire-magnet, not a single incident has resulted in any fatalities. The squad riding in Lucky Number 7 rarely takes injuries more serious that bruises and scratches for the duration of having B71-G-007 as their transport.

The Baulkney 71st, The Desert Rats

The Desert Rats are an elite reconnaissance unit and hail from a large equatorial island on the third moon of Baulkney Prime. The vast island has only the one settlement, the training fortress of the 71st. Although the troopers of the Desert Rats are conscripted from all of the continents upon the planet, every man and woman will spend 2 years of extensive training in the harsh desert climate. They are trained to be experts in all aspects of desert warfare. They are taught how to survive the heat of the days, and the chill of the night. They are taught to track in the drifting sand of the dunes, they're taught how to conceal themselves in the open expanse of the desert.

Due to the islands remote locale, The Desert Rats have adopted a unique method for combat training within the regiment. In ages past, an Ork Rock crashed into the moon, leaving very few survivors. Upon the Orks discovery, it was observed that none of the xenos' Meks had survived, and the mob had reverted to a feral state. It is against these Orks that the Desert Rats perfect all facets disruptive warfare including aerial assaults, dawn raids, night-fighting, sabotage and infiltration.

Above all else, The Desert Rats are expert marksmen, with a regimental preference for over-charged, long-las rifles. As such, their preferred method of engagement is to attack from concealment as snipers en masse, leaving the enemy surprised and off-guard which allows the regiments lite Sentinals to move forward unmolested. The Desert Rats are a completely infantry based regiment. Although they maintain several Valkyries to assist in rapid redeployment should it be necessary, their heaviest support comes from their Sentinal Corps. The Sentinals of the Desert Rats are made from a lighter material than standard STC Sentenals, leaving them more susseptable to damage, the payout, however, is a significant manoeuvrability upgrade, greatly increasing their range and response times.  

Cheers, Jono

Posting pictures of progress here is ok, but better still to have your own topic to show off all your work! It helps keep this topic for the updates and that too smile.png

I'm glad you like the banners, there's a full set available. You can have your overall rank as either a bar as in my sig currently or a ribbon as shown above. Or even both if you want! The medals are part of the individual challenge completion, so though you may earn ranks through all challenges each medal (and associated rank version) can only be gained once! Here are the bar versions of your global Regiments rank:

Imperial
Lance Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_6018.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_6018.png

Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_3768.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_3768.png

Sergeant Badge
gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

Chaos
Chaos Lance Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_8851.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_8851.png

Chaos Corporal Badge
gallery_30308_9518_7837.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_7837.png

Chaos Sergeant Badge
gallery_30308_9518_10789.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_10789.png

That's a shame Andhil, even more so as we added promotions above Sergeant especially for you... tongue.png Hopefully everyone who joined in last time can return, if you're joining new welcome aboard! There is plenty of time to complete the model, and failing that their is no penalty for failure other than Kier and myself being very disappointed in you. I'll let you decide if that's something you can live with or not laugh.png

I will be back to make my official vow tomorrow once I've confirmed I'll be doing the model I had planned initially smile.png

I, Chaeron of the 6th Company of the Death Guard Legion, do hereby vow to complete one Plaguereaper (counts as Baneblade, from Codex: Apocalypse) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of Grandfather Nurgle, the XIV Legion and the hosts of Chaos.

Initial photos incoming.

I, Chaeron of the 6th Company of the Death Guard Legion, do hereby vow to complete one Plaguereaper (counts as Baneblade, from Codex: Apocalypse) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of Grandfather Nurgle, the XIV Legion and the hosts of Chaos.

Initial photos incoming.

Chaeron, as I understand it a Baneblade has no transport capacity. Likewise a Plaguereaper? In that case we could not accept it as an entry to this event as it is Transports only.

I am torn between doing a Taurox Prime or a Valkyrie. I just recently bought the Storm Scions box so I've got both ...

What do my comrades of the forum say?

Biased because of what I am doing but I say Valkyrie?

Hmm. This seems like an interesting challenge. I could paint my Chimera for it, though I haven't painted any Steel Legion vehicles so far... gotta look into it first.

Ok so I will jump in with both boots... As this will be a significant repaint, think of the green as an undercoat. 

The plan is that the belly will be painted low-vis grey and the upper surfaces will get the Leman Russ desert treatment along with some significant weathering. I am also planning a little nose art and naming her "Aces High". 

I, Elmo9141 of the 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade (The Chocochip Rats), do hereby vow to complete one Valkyrie (from Codex: Astra Militarum) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of The Emperor, Cadia and the glory of the 711th.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/228/a/e/wip__valkyrie___before_by_elmo9141-d7vdjt9.jpg

I am torn between doing a Taurox Prime or a Valkyrie. I just recently bought the Storm Scions box so I've got both ...

What do my comrades of the forum say?

Biased because of what I am doing but I say Valkyrie?

Valkyrie ;)

I, Chaeron of the 6th Company of the Death Guard Legion, do hereby vow to complete one Plaguereaper (counts as Baneblade, from Codex: Apocalypse) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of Grandfather Nurgle, the XIV Legion and the hosts of Chaos.

Initial photos incoming.

Chaeron, as I understand it a Baneblade has no transport capacity. Likewise a Plaguereaper? In that case we could not accept it as an entry to this event as it is Transports only.

Oops, my fault mate - I misread, thought it was both tanks and transport vehicles. I will look to see therefore if there is a vehicle that I can suitably atone with.

I, Kilofix, vow to complete a Taurox Prime (Codex: Astra Mil) by 27th September;

to be integrated into my Inquisition's = Special Initiatives and Interactions - Oribtal Drop Division.

Good to see a Taurox in, hopefully we can get the whole gamut of transports pledged - still waiting for that Stormlord though :P

I, WarriorFish of the 144th Arukan, do hereby vow to complete one Chimera (from Codex: Astra Militarum Imperial Guard) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of the Emperor and regiment.

Archived