Regiments of the B&C: Treads & Thrusters

Kierdale

I do like how all of us have brought something a little unique to each submission, truly the strength of the Guard lies in its unrivalled variety! I know I've seen a lot of tips and tricks that I aim to put into use, (or in the case of Elmo's weathering trick for Valkyries, have already put into use...thanks for being so much earlier than me for that, Elmo!) The rear door gunners are another cool feature I'd like to try again.

Plus that Stormlord is going to inspire my own Macharius Vulcan, and the ground vehicles on display are sporting a lot of nice techniques to carry over to my own vehicles. (There has been a Manticore kit sitting in my local store for several weeks now I've been pondering, and while digging out the Macharius from one of the store owner's collection of old models they're aiming to sell, there's a Destroyer Tank Hunter sitting unbuilt in a box. Please stop me before I buy it all!) D:

Looking forward to the next challenge though. This was a great exchange of ideas, and it's a real pity geography won't allow us to collect the entries together into a sweet group shot to show those Power Armour Pansies who gets the real rides into battle!

Well said both! I love my tanks so I was eager to get into this challenge especially as I had long planned a Veteran Chimera with extra bits, but to have finally got a weathering method that I can do and be happy with is the icing on the cake smile.png Granted that is mostly due to Typhus Corrosion but I'd no doubt still be trying to come up with an approach if is wasn't for excellent ideas and advice from comrades thumbsup.gif Painting competitions and Guard at their finest biggrin.png

The Union Flag is indeed freehand, but given it's made of straight lines it's simple enough. I have likely unobtainable goals for freehand in the future but everyone starts somewhere and nobody gets anywhere without trying msn-wink.gif Onwards and upwards - I'm taking a little break from 40k projects for the moment but you can be sure I'll be back soon. Until then I'll live vicariously through your projects so keep working hard! laugh.png

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and suggestions throughout the challenge.

Really love the way members get involved with other people's projects and offer their views and suggestions.

Can't wait for the next I.g challenge....I shall go back under my rock until then

As perhaps my last duty for this forum I am permitted to hereby make the following announcement...

Summon your enginseers...

Put in orders to your nearest forge worlds...

Ready your armour, for...

Regiments of the B&C Part III: Big Guns Never Tire

Preparations to be made by the end of 2014

Now then, where'd I put that Russ...

Oh, and all those who have completed models for this challenge, don't forget:

Astra Militarum Parade of Honour

Stepping down?

Yes.

Come the end of the month, I'll be back in the ranks!

Basically I don't feel I have enough time to commit to moderating. I have a rather hyperactive son for one biggrin.png, plus I can probably then put what free time I do have into actual modelling.

As perhaps my last duty for this forum I am permitted to hereby make the following announcement...

Summon your enginseers...

Put in orders to your nearest forge worlds...

Ready your armour, for...

Regiments of the B&C Part III: Big Guns Never Tire

Preparations to be made by the end of 2014

Now then, where'd I put that Russ...

Oooo cannot wait. Just need to create that vanquisher turret to be ready!

Or 2 superheavies....

I have been ignoring my baneblades ;)

Just depends on how long a time frame we have for completion. It will need more than a month due to some serious magnet usage :(

Stepping down?

Yes.

Come the end of the month, I'll be back in the ranks!

Basically I don't feel I have enough time to commit to moderating. I have a rather hyperactive son for one biggrin.png, plus I can probably then put what free time I do have into actual modelling.

Thanks for your contribution in making this one of the nicer parts of the B&C to visit and sorry I missed the original post, I'm only lurking over here after all ;)

Close enough: here's the OP link smile.png Sadly I don't have the time for a good conversion challenge, but please let us know if you plan to take part with any Guard contributions so we can follow your progress :D

As for Big Guns, you know what vehicles are valid - any non-transport vehicle or any super heavy - so what's stopping you assembling it in advance? msn-wink.gif We're not looking at anything until later this year, possibly early next year so there's plenty of time. I will keep everyone updated with the timings thumbsup.gif

Close enough: here's the OP link smile.png Sadly I don't have the time for a good conversion challenge, but please let us know if you plan to take part with any Guard contributions so we can follow your progress :D

As for Big Guns, you know what vehicles are valid - any non-transport vehicle or any super heavy - so what's stopping you assembling it in advance? msn-wink.gif We're not looking at anything until later this year, possibly early next year so there's plenty of time. I will keep everyone updated with the timings thumbsup.gif

This sounds great. I am laid up in plaster from mid Nov so hopefully could time in perfectly!

I will start prep work on one of my Baneblades after the Hellhounds are done then :)

So.....I have a dilemma. I llike participating, and I don't want to miss my opportunity for a rank increase, but as per my fluff (and financial status) I don't and won't have any tanks. The Baulkney 71st relies on Sentinals for it's heavy support.I would like to put it out for consideration that I be able to participate with a trio of Sentinals to balance the workload as compared to a single tank.

Cheers,

Jono

I love Sentinels, so how could I refuse such an offer? biggrin.png

Don't forget to visit the Parade of Honour to post your completed transports as Kier said. It's not just your sig you should be using to show off :P Keep to the rules to keep the topic size down, but for single model entries like this you can put a few images up per post smile.png

Archived