Regiments of the B&C: Treads & Thrusters

Kierdale

Ordered an Imperial Guard vehicle upgrade kit today to make some additions to my turret-less Chimera.

Also on the turret front I've found a Leman Russ turret to use as a stand in. It's the autocannon variant too!

Great to see everyones progress, I promise to get some of my own done and documented asap!

Weathered the valkryie last night. Just the base, a small amount of detailing and the write up to go.

I insist on the inclusion of at least one barrel roll and explosions - lots of explosions.

teehee.gif

Nice progressions everybody!

Test piece of my Chimera so far. 

After realising my space marines are too neat and clean, I'm really hoping to mix things up for my guard/pdf and go for a weathered and used look. Trying to re-invent ones painting style is not easy, so maybe at the least simply more painting techniques will be used.

Anyway, should be on track for deadline completion.

Nice, subtle weathering that looks very believable. Great work, CodLover! I know how you feel about switching from a clean paint scheme to a more worn and weathered one. Trust me when I say it's a lot more satisfying to paint a beaten, venerable war machine of the Emperor!

711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade

The 711th CCAB is a mixed arms unit comprising of  the 897th Infantry Battalion and their support vehicles, the 975th Armoured Battalion, the 201st Artillery Regiment (a mixed platform force), remnants of the 661st Squadron Air Support unit and a small force of Elysians.

The 711th was recently dispatched to Eridanus Tertiary, also known to the local population as "Rivers End" as, due to it's close orbit to it's sun, it is mainly covered by rolling dunes and scrappy vegetation. A significant force of Orks under Warboss Sturtuk had attacked smaller settlements and the Astra Militarum had been called to help the Planetary Governor whose only forces where a ceremonial bodyguard and they where fully unprepared to fight off the green horde.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Publication1_zpscbca54bb.jpg

Eridanus Tertiary

On arrival, they discovered that due to a warp transit accident and extremely poor planning by the Departmento Munitorum, their full entitlement of desert adapted equipment had not arrived and they where only able to be outfitted in the distinctive camouflage clothing but not the equipment. 

Sgt Major Nesh was heard to joke that the clothing reminded him of his mothers biscuits and so the Brigade unofficially adopted the name "Chocochip Rats".

The vehicles have adopted a mixed green/sand camouflage scheme which blends in well with the surrounding terrain although the constant abrasive effect of the wind blown sand does not take long to make a freshly painted vehicle look like it has been there for years. 

The Brigade is currently shaking out prior to full deployment on a seek and destroy mission.

#812 "Aces High"

Tail number 812 is officially known by the name "Justus Extremis" but has been given the unofficial nick-name of "Aces High" by Crew Chief Donald.

Donald has always considered himself a good gambler, he would say that he gambles every time he takes to the skies of  Eridanus Tertiary. What with the blowing dust clogging the turbines and the suicidal ork planes which are just as likely to ram you as to shoot at you you have to be lucky to stay alive.

'812 has never, in her long history, let her crew down. Even in the worst days of the battle of Cepheus Harbour where she had limped back to base with gaping holes in the wings but had refused to fail, safely bringing her crew home. This has earned her the affection of all, not just her crew but other members of the squadron too. The Squadron Commander turned a blind eye to Donalds nose art and even Commissar Blenheim has said nothing knowing that  morale is worth more than a small amount of unofficial graffiti. 

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/248/e/d/_812____aces_high__by_elmo9141-d7y1e67.jpg

Figure I would toss up a very WIP picture just to say I am still working away slowly but surly.

http://i.imgur.com/ccVi0ww.jpg?1

More WIP pics will be up in my thread.

@Elmo - That is one amazing looking plane, I really like the cammo you have used.

It's amazing for oily, dirty parts. Give it a try!

Typhus corrosion is amazeballs! 

What about Ryza Rust? Do any of you guys use Ryza Rust in conjunction with Typhus Corrosion? I see from the GW youtube videos they are designed to be used together.

Does Typhus Corrosion work on black vehicles? It looks fairly dark ...

I've used it with Ryza Rust and it worked well. The Rust picked up on the grit in the Corrosion.

I have used it on black (Scythes Rhino) and IIRC it looked muddy, which wasn't a bad thing.

One thing was that weathering powders (Mud, Sand, etc.) stuck to it a treat.

Have been meaning to do a Tutorial on that, actually...

I personally have a more dry, dusty weathering technique due to having a desert regiment. However, Ryza Rust + Typhus Corrosion is a very effective combo. After getting Weathering Powders, I really prefer using those, as it's easier to put rust in recesses where water might collect, plus you can also dust specks over an area for a scattered rust effect.

Excellent work Elmo - or should that be Sergeant Elmo? :D A nice write up too, a great entrance to the Regiments challenge :)

I'm keen to get back to the green on my Chimera but I'm rushing a B&C visit before heading off to the first game of the season :P

@Elmo, that is fantastic work, on all accounts (write up and the model). Very inspiring and oh so amazing as always!

@ Nico, the Ryza Rust is a great paint, it works really well with Typhus. You do need to be a bit careful as too much Ryza makes will leave a bright orange "highlight" in some places. I do strongly recommend it though! The Typhus will work well on black too, as it leaves a matt, gritty look. 

I'll upload a WIP today

Archived