Regiments of the B&C: Treads & Thrusters

Kierdale

That's what we like to hear Coffee! :tu: I'll be finding some time to attack the metal on my Chimera today then I'll brave some weathering :P

For those who haven't got as far as painting you've until tomorrow to get the WIP up - let's try and have no comrade left behind! That prestigious 100% will be ours one day, why not for Treads and Thrusters? :D

In a similar vow thread on the DA forum, at the end a small pdf booklet of completed vows was produced.

Tome of Redemption

Is there any support for doing a similar thing with "Treads and Thrusters" Showing a photo along with the write-ups as a commemorative thing?

Fellow guardsmen and women of the b&c i apologize for going A.W.O.L for a few months and subsequently failing to complete my ETL Vow but im back....with a Booooom!!

I, +DAN+ of the 133rd Trench Demons hereby vow to complete one Stormlord (from Codex: i have no idea) for the Regiments of the B&C: Treads and Thrusters by September 27th, for the honour of the imperium.

So i have been abscent from the b&c forum for ages due to just losing interest in the hobby but i had a look the other night and saw this contest and thought its what i need to kick start me back into full swing....which lead me to picking up the baneblade kit mwhahahaha

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN03831_zps14d3568f.jpg

Spent all night assembling this beast of a tank....cant get over how heavy the finished model is(now i know why they are called super heavies smile.png

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN03851_zps05ed3508.jpg

Finally, the boys taking her for a test drive

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN03861_zps8c9d41e1.jpg

Ill start on mould lines and some green stuff work tomorrow before hitting it with a couple of coats of chaos black.

Follow the progress of the Stormlord here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289139-dans-death-korps/

Excellent! biggrin.png Well done indeed for both getting in and extra bonus points for the Stormlord! Emperor be praised with now have the full spectrum of transports! thumbsup.gif

For the rest of you you have 5 hours!

14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00MTZ, 21:00 PTZ)

edit: don't forget the time is in GMT, which is an hour behind BST!

It's good to see more wip pics! I look forward to seeing them all completed thumbsup.gif
Previous Regiment info for Astra Militarum Event: 'One for All'.

To the North West of Imperial Space, Segmentum Obscurus, past the Cygnus Arm lies a relatively unknown Knight World called Verdant Secundus. It is the second largest planet after Verdant Prime in the Verdant Prime system of 3 planets.
Verdant Prime was once a lush and green world but suffered terribly after a dreaded Chaos attack. What members of the Knight families ruling class were forced to flee for their lives and make a concerted effort to repel the invaders on Verdant Secundus. Here they stood united with their brothers and did indeed save themselves and their planet.
Due to the decimation of the natural habitat on Prime, Secundus became the home for many knight families and the 3 moons circling it became outposts so that any future invasions could be detected earlier. Each Moon of Secundus has 1 large Garrison, and the 3rd moon is the furthest away, so is the 1st to realise any imminent attack.

The Planetary Defence force of the system is fairly similar to that of the Astra Militarum, in that the troopers are the backbone of the force and are issued with standard Imperium equipment.
The terrain is mostly a mix of desert and green woody areas, pre-dominantly around built up areas. This means that vehicles are not in use so much as mostly the defence systems in place are 'defensive' based. For example the use of Fortresses, Defensive walls, Firestorm redoubts for anti-air mean more standard Imperial transports for troop usage are not used extensively.
What the trooper aspect does include is lots of heavy weapons platoons and the occasional use of veterans who use carapace armour. Squads each number 10 troopers with a Sergeant in charge. The veterans use some aircraft for quick insertions.

Imperial Knights are much more common on Verdant Secundus itself. However each moon also has a trio of Knights at each Garrison. They can be rotated with other Knights back on Secundus at the whims of the ruling class. Whatever their reasoning for being there it is a splendid sight to behold a gigantic Knight or 2 backed up by scores of infantry armed with heavy weapons, rallied behind defensive walls and towers.

Currently there is an Imperial fleet passing on its way to the meet a xenos incursion, which is a real rarity. No doubt many Knights are being prepped and Households will be wanting in on the action.

Additional Regiment info for Astra Militarum Event: 'Treads and Thrusters'.

Some time has passed since we last heard of Verdant Secundus.
The Xenos incursion (read Tyranid force) was thought to be repelled.
Trooper Jones has since been promoted for his actions in the fighting, has left the 3rd Moon Garrison and has been re-united with his family in Merlion City.

Verdant Secundus
Capital: Lalibela (New Jerusalem City), a holy city, is in the Northern Hemisphere.
Second Major City: Merlion City, a trade port city, is in the Southern Hemisphere.

Merlion City
This is an extremely large port city, south of the equatorial line, surrounded by a series of islands. As well as being the major trade hub for the planet and for the system, it also holds a large garrison there comprised of 5 Battalions.

Battalions 1 to 4 are pre-dominantly defensive, and are designed to defend each quadrant of the city. So each city facing, North, South, East and West, are divided into their own force. This is a real simple philosophy employed long ago, as there are 4 noble families that maintain the city. Each Battalion also includes the noble families knights within. It is their belief that by still honouring this system, their knights can defend assuredly, backed up by city wall forts and infantry.

The relationship between the knights and PDF is a strong mutual one. Each is seen by the other as a trustworthy counterpart, making up for what they themselves may lack. A true blend of force capable of defending in any direction.

5th Battalion
The 5th is an an active force and a mobile one. They are patrolling beyond the city walls, venturing into the forested areas around the harbour and across the islands. By necessity this means they include more vehicles. Each regiment of the 5th will have a chimera as standard for it's Command staff. Veteran squads can also have the luxury of chimera transports. When the city is attacked, the 5th will co-ordinate a responsive counter assault and crush the enemy between themselves and the city walls.

It is a well held 5th belief that they get hand me downs. The 1st to the 4th appear to get all the accolades and shiny new equipment (not really that new though), while the 5th are rarely seen within the city at all. They have become more of an adventuring group, a proving ground almost. Many veterans remember their time served with the 5th fondly. It is also within the 5th that young knights will be assigned to each regiment so they too can prove themselves.

Notes:
The 3rd Moon Garrisons uniform is a green fatigue, with black body armour.
The Verdant Secundus PDF uniform use the same green fatigues, but with blue body armour. Their vehicles are also mainly blue, with some silver and occasionally a lighter blue strip with Company number.

Chimera info for Astra Militarum Event: 'Treads and Thrusters'.

The Chimera, 'Arion' is a part of the Verdant Secundus PDF, Merlion City Garrison, 5th Battalion. The iron steed was named after a mythical story involving an immortal horse.

This Chimera was originally assembled on the Forge World of Lucius, in the Segmentum Obscurus system, which is quite a respectable mechanicum lineage indeed! Even though the chimera served on numerous worlds before being traded to Verdant Secundus, it is well maintained.

Within the 5th, Arion was originally a veteran squad transport, equipped with an improved comms device. However after the patrol was involved in a 'skirmish' with a scouting tyranid force, and the commanders chimera was destroyed he gratefully 'liberated' the next best remaining transport for himself, which was Arion.

After the encounter all vehicle hulls were left with their paint stripped down to raw metal by the aliens blood and acid, hence the poor state of Arion. Currently no extra stowage items are in place, all extra cargo was jettisoned to make a more tactical (hasty) retreat. The troops think the remaining vehicles look a little sad without any extras but back at base they will be fixed up in no short order. The same goes for the Xenos too. Apparently!

Good write ups cod, that puts you in for the full Sergeant rank. Keep an eye out for the promotion ceremony once Treads and Thrusters is over :tu:

Speaking of over, we're now closed to new entrants! We will mourn the fallen once the battle has been won, never forget the price of failure is death. So onwards to glory comrades there's only one target now and that's completion: September 27th 14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00 MTZ, 21:00 PTZ)!

I'd just like to add that the reports of a Commissar shaped shadow following people and bolt shells left ominously in houses are complete fabrications spread by heretics seeking to undermine the Imperium. Anyone spreading these false and hurtful rumours will be shot.

There are some great pieces on here guys!!! Lets keep up the good work...getting close.

Im looking forward to more painting challenges smile.png

ok ...almost done with my chimera

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/191AE2EB_zps4f8b9a69.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/3C3E7835_zps314f222b.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/16E2847C_zps9891c2be.jpg

Still need to do the dozer blade and the stowage...then seal it and apply decals smile.png

Archived