2000pts of Armored Skjj

Sheesh Mode

Legion Champion – Thunder Hammer/Artificer Armor/Combat Shield/Bolter

Praetor – Paragon Blade(MasterCrafted)/Archeotech Pistol/Digi Weapons/Iron Halo

Apothecarion Detachment: Apothecary – Power sword Artificer Armor 

Tactical squad – (19+sgt) 19combat blades/Bolters/Boltpistols/sgt w.Lightning Claw 

Tactical squad – 9+Sgt combat blades/bolters/boltpistols/Sgt w.Lightning Claw/ + Landraider Phobos – Dozer Blade 

Legion Siege Breaker Squad (9+Sgt) 2 Meltas/Sgt w.Artificer Armor/Lightning Claw/Combi-Melta/Breacher Charge/  + Phobos

w.Dozer Blade 

Spartan Assault Tank – Ceramite Plating/Flare Shield/Dozer Blade 

1998pts

Tell me what you think.

Edit: Crap, the topic title. *shakes head*

Let me ask you first, what is the Theme / Legion of your List? Knowing this would let me/us better gauge how your list was built since each Legion Astartes ( Legion Name Here) Rule can change how the same list is played even if they're identical.

Looks like you're trying for an Armored Spearhead RoW list.  I agree with Slipstream, we really need to know what legion you're thinking of.  Going down your list, my thoughts:

1. Legion Champion is one of the worst Consul choices.  If you're going to double up on HQs, don't bring two one-trick ponies that are only any 'good' in melee.

2. IMO, overspending on Praetor a little.  Not a big deal, but it contributes to the overall problem of too much spent on HQs.  200 points on something that can die to a single krak missile is not a terribly good buy.  For the same points, you could have 5 terminators with powerfists.

3. No vexillas.  Maybe you've chosen a legion with a built-in Ld reroll, maybe you haven't, I don't know.  But if you're going into melee, you're definitely going to want the reroll from a vexilla.  You cannot, absolutely cannot, afford to lose a round of melee and get your Praetor, Centurion, and 20 marines caught in a sweeping advance.  Going on with number 1, if you were going to take any consul here, you would probably want a Primus Medicae (to straight up replace the Apothecary you're attaching anyway and just save points) or a Chaplain (for Fearless).

4. Phobos Land Raiders.  IMO, the point of an armored spearhead list like this is AV14 spam, which I think the Proteus accomplishes better by being 50 points cheaper.  Sure, you lose assault ramps and a TL heavy bolter, but I don't think you need the former and it's hard to really find uses for the latter.  These tanks are going to be your anti-vehicle, so your lascannons are going to be doing a lot of work.  You probably won't often have the PotMS to spare for pointing the HB at troops.  So the loss of the HB doesn't matter.

5. Dozer blades but not armored ceramite?  You're either metagaming really hard by not expecting anyone to have melta in the armored-ceramited 30k environment, or your priorities are all out of whack.  Ceramite > aux drive > dozer blades.

6. Cheap tac squad to stay in your Phobos and pull out for anti-infantry/scoring is good.  Cheap breacher squad to do the same is impossible.  A minimum size breacher squad is a terrible choice.  You're paying 75 points extra to be worse tactical marines.

7. Combimeltas are an awful buy on sergeants, they're overpriced and the things you would want to shoot them at are probably melta-immune.

8. Single lightning claws are an equally disappointing purchase on squad sergeants.  You pay 5 points more than a power sword to have 1 fewer attack, but you get to reroll failed to-wounds.  You're also betting on not running into any AA/Poweraxe sergeants, cause they will mess your guys up in a challenge.

I would rather see your troops be more like:

Tactical Squad

-10 members, Bolter/BP/CCW, Vexilla, Sergeant with bolter, BP, power axe, artificer armor, meltabomb

-LR Proteus, Armored Ceramite

Tactical Squad

-10 members, Bolter/BP/CCW, Vexilla, Sergeant with bolter, BP, power axe, artificer armor, meltabomb

-LR Proteus, Armored Ceramite

Then get the power in there

Legion Praetor

-Paragon Blade, Bolt Pistol, Iron Halo, Digital Weapons

Legion Centurion

-Primus Medicae Consul, Cataphractii plate

Legion Terminator Squad

-10 Members, Cataphractii plate, 10 powerfists

Spartan

-Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield

That comes to 1000 points even, add in the 425 from each of the tac squads, and you're looking at 150 points left over.  Maybe cut back on some of the terminators/mix up their wargear a little (some chainfists, some powerswords, a couple plasma blasters or something).  Maybe cut back on their numbers enough to squeeze a Contemptor-Mortis in there to get some anti-air going.  At this point, though, you might just be better off going pride of the legion, nixing the tac squads altogether, and just using Terminator squads mounted in LR Phobos for your troops.  It's only marginally more expensive, points-wise, but it's an entirely different RoW.

Hmm. Alright. You both bring up very good points. 

I have an ongoing thread in the Chaos Space Marine board that details my army's exploits. It is Chosen-focused with Mark of Khorne with Khârn as the warlord. The strategy is simple and effective, I drive my landraider along the flank of the opposing army and crush them piece-meal. Their positioning preventing them from properly defending against me as I move in a straight line through their force. 

I am attached to this list and have begun writing a back story to it. After much prodding and cajoling, a friend has managed to convince me to consider 30k justifying that I could use the same models to represent their origins in the Heresy. I have taken a look through pdfs and found 30k to be an interesting and potentially challenging thought exercise - at the very least - and maybe even damn fun. 

So, in order to do this I went ahead with my normal style: Landraiders and deadly close combat troops, but with a loyalist mindset. I avoided World Eaters because I play Black Legion but in all honesty I will likely remake the list with World Eater Chapter Tactics. The lightning claws and Combi-meltas were simply a personal preference. 

Archived