Painting faces- tutorial

Thank You!!!!thanks.gif i cannot paint faces for the life of me and this will help a lot! woot.gif

It's my pleasure, hope you find the guide useful. :)

Good work, I'll be trying this technique for sure. Never thought to use glazes on the face like that!

Thanks

Glad you like it. I didn't know about using glazes untill the new paints came out and they've really helped improve my painting.

I avoid painting eyes like the plague. That does seem like an easy method. Although it does make it look like he has guy-liner on. biggrin.png

Shhh, it's not guy-liner, it's manly shadows. :)

Oh my gosh! those faces are sublime! This is excellent!wub.png

May I ask, what would you suggest when painting a female head, like a Sister of Battle?

I've never painted a female face but I think the trik would be to keep the shading more minimal to get a 'smoother' look. Maybe only use the glazes on the lower cheek just to emphasize femininity. Using some good reference material of the look you want and then going from there would probably be handy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never painted a female face but I think the trik would be to keep the shading more minimal to get a 'smoother' look. Maybe only use the glazes on the lower cheek just to emphasize femininity. Using some good reference material of the look you want and then going from there would probably be handy. smile.png

Thanks! I've made a favorite link to your tutorial and will go for the suggestion you wrote! Perhaps its just the magic touch I need to bring my girls to live! thanks a heap!

• 2 months later...

Archived