Didn't get around to starting this topic before, so I guess now's a good a time as any, as I got some new reinforcements.
Excuse the Steel Legion in the pic, too lazy to crop and upload a new version of the old picture
Basically included is a Canoness, Celestine, four heavy bolters, two flamers, two meltas, two Superiors and nine bolter Sisters. Sadly currently the Canoness's wargear is missing save for the Eviscerator... moving to a new apartment in May has wreaked some serious havoc on my ability to locate my models and bits. As is I've supposedly looked everywhere, but no luck. For example also missing a drop pod, not exactly the smallest thing. Missing from the pic is my Immolator, and from that too is missing one of the turret Sister's arms... sigh.
Anyway, here's today's reinforcements acquired second hand for a low low price:
Excuse me for the lazy copy-paste from my BT Crusade thread about the contents:
- two Sister Superiors with plasma pistol and chainsword
- Sister Superior with Combi-Melta and (broken) Power Maul
- two Sisters with Multi-Melta (plus an excess heavy bolter)
- a Canoness with... uh, well a pistol on the right hand, and for some reason some sort of heavy bolter strapped to her back, as well as a marine backpack - hopefully not too damaging to remove
- a... uh, seems like the heavy bolter sister but equipped with an eviscerator and melta pistol - the eviscerator arm looked really off, because the arm looks far too long given where it is positioned, so I snapped it off after taking the pic, luckily it came off easy
- an older very nice Canoness with combi-flamer and some sort of inquisition symbol, might just give her a sword though
- perhaps the weirdest of the lot, a Canoness with a Halberd and a Psycannon - no idea what I'm gonna use her for, admittedly looks kinda cool though! Too bad no power-armored inquisitors who could use that loadout. In any case the weapons seem very firmly attached, so not sure I can remove them or anything
- five Seraphims with dual bolt pistols
- Seraphim Superior with bolt pistol and power sword
- two Seraphims with dual hand flamers
- nine Repentia
- a kinky dominat... uh, Mistress
In addition there's the two power swords, two bolt pistols, two scroll hands and a book hand. Sadly there's two backpacks missing, or three considering the one model with the marine backpack. For some reason there were three mutilated backpacks included, it seems the "knobs" where marine backpacks have the vents have been cut off, no idea why. Perhaps I can manage to make new knobs from putty or something, ought to be easier than making entirely new backpacks. Also missing is one Seraphim jump pack, not sure how I'm going to replace that. Also none of the Repentia had bases, but that's no biggie.
Nicely the only models I already had were the power maul Superior (love that model), the newer Canonesses, and the heavy bolter Sister. Not sure what I'm gonna do with so many Canonesses or Superiors, but I reckon I'll think of something.
There's certainly some cleaning up to do, since everything except unpainted models need to be stripped (of paint, you pervs), but of course I forgot to buy some stuff to do that with to get the restoration started dry.png Also the sockets where you attach a weapon to an arm on the models with loose arms seem to be full of green stuff residue, as if that was tried as a glue replacement huh.png
Now, to get those Repentia a transport...
I still haven't fully decided what Order(s) I'll paint them as. I like the color scheme of the two mainly black ones (Valorous Heart and Our Martyred Lady), but then I already have so many other black models so I'm not sure if I want at least all of them to be of those Orders. Then there's Argent Shroud who would go well together with my Black Templars and Steel Legion, but while I may paint some as Argent Shroud, likely not the majority. In the end I'll probably do the unthinkable and just paint models of the various Orders and make 'em play nice with each other Although a good question is when I'll even get around to painting, with so many other things to paint and not progressing with those things either. I really want to paint at least a test mini soon, though.
Edited by tvih, 25 February 2020 - 05:17 PM.