Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Alpha Legion XX Legion Legio XX Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
1137 replies to this topic

Sviar

Sviar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
med_gallery_58880_8103_33424.jpg
       We are all Alpharius. We are Alpha Legion and we are all one.

gallery_58880_8103_8632.jpg

Welcome brothers of the XX legion. This is the place to discuss the Alpha Legion(30K and 40K), show models, progress, art, fluff and everything else related to the great Alpha Legion.
We can also create a intern PM communication list so that we can talk undisturbed. What we put on the board, is what we want the others to know.

Hydra Dominatus

med_gallery_58880_8103_23315.jpg

A qoute from Tallarn:executioner, When looking upon an Alpha Legion infiltrator:
In lominous green: Two lines joined to form a triangle without a base. Reptilian heads and serpentine necks coiled around the symbol, their eyes and scales shimmering with cold light. 

Here are the novellas, short stories, e-short and audio dramas that contain the glorious Alpha Legion.

Pre-Heresy

Legion by Dan Abnett

Horus Heresy

Deliverance Lost by Gav Thorpe

Sepents Beneath by Rob Sanders

The Face of Treachery by Gav Thorpe

Liars Due by James Swallow

Scars by Chris Right

Tallarn:Executioner by John French

Wolfs Claw Chris Wright

Hunters Moon Guy Haley

Post-Heresy

The Hunt for Voldorius by Andy Hoare

Piriah by Dan Abnett

Truth is my Weapon by Justin D. Hill

Hunted by John French 

We are one by John French
  • Forté, Ammonius, Vesper and 3 others like this

AlanofAngels

AlanofAngels

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Good idea! I look forward to seeing this grow. I see so few Legio XX members that it would be nice to convince some to come out of their 10 millenia special operation! tongue.png

'For the Emperor'

-Alan

• Captain Tezdal likes this

Night Lords (Current)

Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion

gallery_47732_9950_12581.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp friday-award.png  gallery_29004_9303_6178.png Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngNight%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.png

"If every time the populace gazes toward the night sky and thinks of us, that is the purest victory of all. Fear. And it lasts forever."

-Raptor Captain Delantyr Orion, Night Lords XCl 'Tenebrous Winter' Company

Tiberius Cato

Tiberius Cato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts
  • Faction: I, III, VII, XX Legions & more
My Alpha's are so deep undercover their not in my possession, new operatives are being trained now. But let it be known now, I am the poisoned blade and the silver tongue. I am the warhammer and brute orator. I am the shadows and the light. I am deception and truth. I am Alpharius and Omegon.

Hydra Dominatus.
Fbm7BxJ.jpgsdkVlU7.pngjJn7rRD.jpg<p>Creator of the Eagles of Glory AKA the 'Murica Marines My XI Legion project

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,582 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

We had a little boost just after the codex was released, I remember a few armies popping up back then. Nothing in quite some time now though...

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,361 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
"There is no Obsidian Coil. It is a camp fire tale, a paranoid delusion told by the weak to give a face to their fears and an excuse to their failings."

Hydra Dominatus!
  • Excessus likes this
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

King Jackal

King Jackal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 291 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
How is everyone representing the legion in 40k?
...for chaos reigns and panic numbs, when something wicked this way comes.

incinerator950

incinerator950

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,240 posts
  • Faction: Putrefactors
I was in a non table top game. Which reminds me, I need a favor from someone who still plays Space Marine.
<p>"Yes but the rocket launcher lawnchairs only have 1 beer holder, where as the reg lawnchairs have beer holders on both sides so it's a hard choice."~chillin

Redtoof

Redtoof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts

How is everyone representing the legion in 40k?

-Use the Chaos Codex

-Build a list with whatever you want in it. Models you like, fluff you like, rules that are fun, whatever.

-Get pummelled by any semi-competitive list

-Claim it was your plan all along, your opponent just unwillingly furthered the Alpha Legion's secretive agenda.

-Laugh maniacally. 

• Lay, Custodian Athiair, incinerator950 and 8 others like this
I do a blog. It has battle reports and stuff on it.
https://redtoof.blogspot.co.uk/

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,831 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

Huron for the auto-outflank, and a list that can deal with pretty much anything (in theory at least).

For me it's more about how stuff is modelled, so my guys have more spec-ops armour, pouches and so on. Here's my Huron counts as and his squad for an example:

40K.jpg

What's your fave bit of AL fluff (ignoring Legion, because duh)? For me it's a toss up between We Are One, The Long Games at Carcharius and the story in Sedition's Gate.

Dragonlover

• Sviar and ezeefisch like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,582 posts

Personally, the fluff of my warband is that they are ruled by a council of sorts, with the highest ranking Harrowmasters deciding things between them and what forces to use for each campaign. Their personal forces differ in various ways, like the Khornate Harrowmaster on his trusted juggernaut steed (yes yes, he has an axe too, hehe). He controls the forces that has been corrupted too much to be able to take part in covert ops alongside their brethren (horns and mutations aren't really "stealthy" after all), it's the brotherhood of the forsaken, the end of the line for the ones not pure of spirit and geneseed.

...but most of my forces are the ones that still can act with stealth and obscurity, though a battle usually takes place after infiltrations and other underhanded tactics takes place, so my painted legionnaires are in their "shock assault" mode on the board with little mutations and chaos insignias so at a glance they can still sometimes seem like they are on the imperium's side...spreading confusion on the battlefield...all part of the plan... smile.png

da32.jpg

Sigh, though I haven't really built or modelled anything since the start of the summer...

Damn you summer, every single time!!! :P

Edited by Excessus, 21 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.

• Sviar and Kilofix like this

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

Sviar

Sviar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts

That is some fantastic models you gotthumbsup.gif​ 

Damn you summer, every single time!!! tongue.png

I agree, but fotunately or unfortunately however you look at it, the summer is (nearly) over.

On monday I'll try to create some reptile skin cloth on a mini and see how it turns out. If I like it I'll be sure to post it heresmile.png

Sviar

Sviar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts

I need a favor from someone who still plays Space Marine.

It was quite some time ago. But tell me and I'll try my best. Is it parts or..?

incinerator950

incinerator950

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,240 posts
  • Faction: Putrefactors
I don't have the game or live anymore, so I can't photoshoot my Alpha Legionaire with upgraded PC.
<p>"Yes but the rocket launcher lawnchairs only have 1 beer holder, where as the reg lawnchairs have beer holders on both sides so it's a hard choice."~chillin

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,159 posts

Such a bloody cool legion, left totally under developed by Games Workshop. A crying shame really.

I had all the stuff to start Alpha Legion for 6th ed. A good friend of mine played them to great success in 5th but the codex had allowances for it (no I'm not going there.. just saying.) When 6th ed came out, I saw no real way of portaying the legion and boxed up all my shoulder pads, and units were quickly turned into something else. (mostly Red Corsairs).

Honestly, I thought the door was so open on these guys that it was a supplement waiting to happen. (I guess you could say that about a few Legions though.)

Glad to see some of you still play them though. Great paint scheme at least!

• Emperors Immortals likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,976 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics

At least for now I run my Alpha Legion using Codex:Astra Mil.

http://www.bolterand...s-and-heretics/

Started them right after I read Forgeworld IA:5 Siege of Vraks - which btw should be considered another minor source of info for AL.

Current Projects: Radical Inquisition || Storm Trooper Battles || Renegades & Heretics || ETL III || ETL III Tribute II ETL IV - Ryza II ETL V - Chaos
gallery_75122_9925_27254.pnggallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeg
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Nemisor

Nemisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts

my latest force will use the chaos dex, with allied storm troopers ( I don't even want to learn the new name for them tongue.png  ) and a vindicare when the assassins supplement dropsph34r.png

Alpha Legion Log

http://www.bolterand...ra-wakes-redux/

i1aQnlh.jpg?1

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
I am constantly working on, restarting, and giving up on the XXth. But they remain the Legion I love the most, and last night I started on my latest attempt. Will work out some background at a later date.

(Do we not get a hydra brand for out signatures?)
  • Yogi likes this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,361 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

I am constantly working on, restarting, and giving up on the XXth. But they remain the Legion I love the most, and last night I started on my latest attempt. Will work out some background at a later date.

This!
Yes.
In some way this is sooooo Alpha Legion.
We are the sneakiest gits around! Let's brand ourselves and our operatives with snakes, scales and Hydras!
Because in the end, after we outthought and outfought you we are not confident with just having won. We have the pathological urge to rub it in, that YOU NEED to know it was us :)
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts

This is the fluff for my warbands origin

Inquisitorial file 15345863/a-331

Corrupted interrogation of Alpha Legion infiltrator - M31

"...My cohort is the Red Horizon. That's the name you will hear, when they assess you to be worthy. And if you hear that name, you should be honoured, because they will use everything they have against you. Absolutely nothing is sacred. Hah, that look, you think all Alpha Legion are the same. We are not.

The name tells you everything you need to know. The Horizon represents searching, striving, hunting. Red, represents war, blood, combat, the enemy. Always the goal to find the enemy, kill them and demonstrate the undeniable superiority of the Alpha L-"

++ Pain is administered ++

[Fragment Lost]

"...again. My commander is Alpharius."

[Fragment Lost]

"My direct commander is Proximo Secundus."

"What does it mean? Why don't you tell me?"

[Pain is administered numerous times - Removed for brevity]

"It means the unknown proxy, for the Primarch. He is the gatekeeper, his joy is making sub-optimal units optimal with the application of ruthless cruelty. The unsalvageable Legionaries will be spent in battle. Those who remain will be made optimal. Sometimes I feel like I'm back there now. [Subject laughs]"

"...Secundus' tactics? In truth, he is more conservative then his peers. But when you consider the disunity he works with perhaps its expected. My failure was hesitation, only slight, just a bare moment. But it cost lives. And now I'm here.  [Subject laughs]"

[Fragment Lost]

"Its all lies! [Subject laughs]"

[Subject laughs]

>Interrogators note: Subject's mind breaks

>Subject terminated.

Edited by Yogi, 23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM.

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts

This!
Yes.
We are the sneakiest gits around! Let's brand ourselves and our operatives with snakes, scales and Hydras!
Because in the end, after we outthought and outfought you we are not confident with just having won. We have the pathological urge to rub it in, that YOU NEED to know it was us smile.png

I would like a hydra icon aswell. But only if it looks swish. 

Also thought I'd post these. 

xrpwtun.jpg

2uZDTG7.jpg

• Hyaenidae likes this

Tiberius Cato

Tiberius Cato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts
  • Faction: I, III, VII, XX Legions & more

I got an icon in my sig everyone can steal if they'd like. It's not much, and to be honest, I stole it from the AL forum biggrin.png

Fbm7BxJ.jpgsdkVlU7.pngjJn7rRD.jpg<p>Creator of the Eagles of Glory AKA the 'Murica Marines My XI Legion project

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts

This!
Yes.
Because in the end, after we outthought and outfought you we are not confident with just having won. We have the pathological urge to rub it in, that YOU NEED to know it was us :)

Didn't say it had to make sense.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,582 posts

This!
Yes.
Because in the end, after we outthought and outfought you we are not confident with just having won. We have the pathological urge to rub it in, that YOU NEED to know it was us smile.png

Didn't say it had to make sense.

Well, if you go by the books...our operatives do have a strange quirk of telling people they are Alpharius, or "for the emperor" or stuff, instead of just being quiet before they die...

Heck, we even have one that talks instead of delivering the killing blow to a freaking primarch! Hubris indeed...

• Tiberius Cato likes this

Tenebris

Tenebris

++ SERVATOR FERINUS ++

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,548 posts
  • Faction: XVth

The greatest "sin" of the Alpha Legion is their arrogance. They want you to know that it is they that are killing you, they want you to know that you are defeated even before you fire the first round in a battle and it is they that want you to know the error of messing with the Hydra. The Lernean Terminators were a weapon of such an arrogance, they made a bloody display of anything that kept your army together, they were intentionally messy, brutal, uncompromising and ferocious, ripping people apart and all this. Know this the Alpha Legion adores to be seen in battle, they want you to look upon them when they fight, they are the bipolar in this aspect. While their preparations for battle are secret and mostly take the form of covert operations, once full battle is joined perhaps only the Sons of Horus of old or the Emperor's Children are more extroversive then the Alpha Legion. 

When an Alpha Legion operative dies, you can bet that he will have some sort of catch phrase or hint on his lips. Remember, most probably his death was either engineered or planned for so most of them actually know that they are going to die. A great example were the single operator torpedo teams who were effectively suicidal units, same goes for their operators. When an Alpha is going to die he still fulfils his task by mesmerizing the enemy, by planting a seed of doubt in his killer.  

Now pardon me but I will prod Forte the Excessive for some AL token art. 

There is only the Truth. I do not know what it is, but I do believe in it!

Attributed to Dark Apostle Toren Mar, Chapter of the Broken Seal, 71st Host, Word Bearers Legion.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,323 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Prod accepted (was going to ask if it was needed by the OP) ;)

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Cool Mini or Not gallery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alpha Legion, XX Legion, Legio XX, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1)