++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Sviar

To me, I'd say there's not much that needs changing. There's a fair amount of artwork that has alphas in mk. III. On one of the cover arts for a novel, we actually see a couple mk. III mixed in with the IV, in addition to art from one of the HH books. So I kept that aesthetic - mainly IV, with III and VI mixed in.

Otherwise... There's always the custom shoulder pads - they're sold for both marks.

I just picked up some mk3 Marines and I play AL when I do chaos. Any suggestions to make mk3 a little more alpha legion-y?

I use every model available to me. MY Havocs, Raptors, Terminators and line CSM are all uncorrupted, along with some warlords.

Helbrutes are corrupted, contemptors are not (except you, Mhara Gal). Possessed, Berzerkers, Noise Marines, Chosen, a melee CSM squad, warp talons, bikes, and my Hell Blade are all corrupted. Sorcs are 50/50.

I do this to show that my Alphas are willing to use anything at their disposal, and their embrace of Chaos is a spectrum, not a Y/N.

Would the best combo not be a Imperial sweatshirt and the t-shirt underneath?

Beside we all know that the Loyalists ever get past the doormen in the high class clubs and bars that we frequent.

So we are safe showing of that t-shirt there. :cool.:

I am considering getting my hands on the Armillus Dynat model for a small conversion.

What would you replace the hammer with? I seen some nice version where it was replaced with a shield.

I was thinking about replacing it with a ranged weapon, perhaps a sniper rifle or a bolt rifle.

Perhaps even replace the right arm with the shouldered assault plasma incinerator from the Hellblasters.

What would you recommend?

I would probably try to repose the hammer where he was holding it one handed at his side instead of resting. Or convert his current pose to holding a spear.

For sure I would avoid anything going across his chest so you don't lose that sweet detail.

I was thinking about have having the rifle stock on the ground and the barrel in the hand. Like the old time hunting trip trophy poses. perhaps with a few helmets on the ground with a neat little bullet hole in each.

So I tried out close combat plasma chosen for a league game.

They put out alot of attacks, and killed abit (very solid alpha strike army), but, they are just marines at the end of the day, I doubt they would ever get charged, so the point investment isn't worth the hassle, stick with chainswords for the extra attack.

Since I got my Dynat model (to run as a hydra blade lord) I'm looking at running zerkers to support him, what's the 'best way to equip them?

Since I got my Dynat model (to run as a hydra blade lord) I'm looking at running zerkers to support him, what's the 'best way to equip them?

If you can use chain sword and chain axe, foregoing the pistol. Infiltrate an exalted champion with them as well for maximum damage.

My zerkers will be two guys with chainaxes & plasma pistols, champ with some sort of weapon and a plasma pistol and the rest with axe/sword combo...

I like those plasmas too much to skip them. Gives some heavy duty damage in addition to their slaughtering power. :)

So I tried out close combat plasma chosen for a league game.

They put out alot of attacks, and killed abit (very solid alpha strike army), but, they are just marines at the end of the day, I doubt they would ever get charged, so the point investment isn't worth the hassle, stick with chainswords for the extra attack.

That's why you don't do hybrid units. Chose ONE task and the other stuff will be just backup. Like Power Weapons and Storm Bolter ... main task melee and cheap anti-horde dakka as backup. Or Chainswords and Plasma ... main task anti MEQ/GEQ dakka and an additional S4 AP0 attack per model for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone try out contemptor and or Leviathan lately. My XX are build for mainly 30k and I leave a lot stuff st home when I do bring them to a 40k matches. However there big summer event coming up which has point system for painting themes and comp scores not using cookie cutters list and net list. So even build WACC net list you could still end up not placing. I was going to run DE and harlequin freak show, but it’s convert with non GW models so that’s a DQ for some points. But forgeworld is welcomed. So my 30k alpha are in.

Just trying to figure how to configure them in to 40k army, having used CSM in awhile.

I like my contemptors and with some point changes I have been running them with dual butcher cannons. Longer range and they can do some serious damage. I used to run kheres because of cost before and while you get more shots they fall short both range and damage wise compared to the butcher.

I do the same for the Leviathan. Although I want to try the grav-flux bombard to just crush enemy vehicles.

Both of them have BS 2+ at full health, so when you move and shoot you are hitting on 3+ unless you use the vehicle stratagem to ignore moving and shooting a heavy weapon. They've always packed a mean punch for me.

Has anyone try out contemptor and or Leviathan lately. My XX are build for mainly 30k and I leave a lot stuff st home when I do bring them to a 40k matches. However there big summer event coming up which has point system for painting themes and comp scores not using cookie cutters list and net list. So even build WACC net list you could still end up not placing. I was going to run DE and harlequin freak show, but it’s convert with non GW models so that’s a DQ for some points. But forgeworld is welcomed. So my 30k alpha are in.

Just trying to figure how to configure them in to 40k army, having used CSM in awhile.

C*nt-beams are damn good on Contemptors - a mate of mine ran three competitively for a while. Leviathans are real good, but vulnerable like Hell to MWs.

My suggestion is running Cultist screens thicker than an Ultramarine's skulls and a Cultist bomb. It's absolutely solid. It won't win the LVO, but it would place among the 25% strongest lists, I'd say. 

Thanks for the input, I have been looking at cultist for screens, in 30k world my rhino infiltrating COTH list is my go to. 

Now trying to adapt my army to 40k is little more tricky than I though, I might drop the Leviathan for my fire raptor.  I got pair sicarans as well to handle all the eldar spam thats out there and deal with never end hordes of nids and orks. 

What about reaper carriers with heavy quad heavy bolters, or they not option in 40k? 3 of them dish out the pain and enough to saturate anything pretty much anything.

Archived