++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Sviar

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if the Trademark on the Alpha Legion Hydra logo prevent one from creating a 2 cm metal medallion or coin on Shapeways?

It would be cool little item that one could use to show support for ones legion or to use on models.

That sounds cool. On insane psychopaths’s Iron Warriors log he uses these gold coins from warhammer world as command point tokens. I’d love to do that myself and pretend I’m John Wick.

I am wondering if the Trademark on the Alpha Legion Hydra logo prevent one from creating a 2 cm metal medallion or coin on Shapeways?

It would be cool little item that one could use to show support for ones legion or to use on models.

I would make a mould of an Alpha Legion rhino door and just use that symbol.

How do you guys feel about an Alpha Legion army that are genuine Chaos Space Marines?

Fluff compatible, technically, but honestly, best done with more than just SPIKES and HORNS and more taking the Alpha Legion's traits to an (il)logical extreme.

I imagine a corrupted Alpha Legion force would basically be full on nightmares- stuff like possessed epitomizing the infiltrators and adaptability of the Legion, or the headhunter aspects...Lords with unholy gifts, truly monstrous use of daemon engines...

Basically, try and keep Alpha Legion flavor even as you make it full on Warp-using.

How do you guys feel about an Alpha Legion army that are genuine Chaos Space Marines?

I do not see any reason why they can not be genuine Chaos Space Marines?

One of the best things about the Alpha Legion is its uncertainty of their true loyalty.

It gives a great deal of creative freedom.

For inspiration, check out GW's studio army by Chris Peach and Duncan Rhodes. It's the one that's been featured in the Codexes since 6th edition as well as a few old campaign books such as Crusade of Fire and Warzone: Fenris:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W58OAEiHXi4/UPpnJfBYdrI/AAAAAAAAHVE/uI4zVybTIdI/s1600/DSC_0003.JPG

https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture3/466/1.jpg

It's mostly made up of modern, corrupted looking models, ranging from Daemon Engines to the Alpha Legion's signature units such as Chosen and cultists.

I mean, when you read our latest codex, it's pretty clear there are some legionnaires that are full Chaos. Lots of fun stories in there. Plus, Voldorius had to have been pretty devoted to the Dark Gods to ascend to princehood.

For my Wayward Sons, I keep my rank and file untainted in appearance. Makes infiltration easier, after all. But those units touched by the warp? Oh no, they're full Chaotic.

So I'm new to this whole Alpha Legion thing after a long period of trying to pick a Chaos army to fit me. I have a Terminator Lord and Sorcerer, 5 Possessed, 10 CSM, a Chaos Rhino, a 5 man Terminator Squad, a Helbrute, and a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought. Where do you all think I should go from here?

Well, are you playing for fun or competitively? Is there some theme you want to fit? Is there anything you are looking for in particular like a great tank to field or infantry to infiltrate? Give us some ideas and we can point you in the right direction.

You have some goodies and could make a fun list. Personally I see a need for anti-tank. Combi-Plasma terminators with mark of slaanesh can put in some work and the dreads with the right equipment can do the same. But I wonder if you could benefit from lascannon havocs for example whose battlefield role is to kill tanks, freeing up your other options to go kill infantry. Just an idea.

With what you have it looks like a fun army.

Lord, sorcerer, and terminators waiting to deepstrike. You can infiltrate possessed to get them a heck of a lot closer to the enemy before the game starts to hopefully run up and hack something. Marines in a rhino to go after objectives and helbrutes, depending on they are armed, providing some firepower.

Well as said before Cultists are a great addition. Cheap (like 80pts for 20) so you can have them sit on objectives or bubble wrap important equipment or cordon off locations for enemies to deep strike. And you can recycle one whole squad once a game with the Tide of Traitors stratagem. Basically, bring them back at their starting strength.

I really think some long range, tank killing fire power is always nice. Lascannon havocs with mark of slaanesh is always fun. Do a round of shooting and with Endless Cacophany stratagem fire again. Maybe something like a vindicator laser destroyer or sicaran venator for big guns to hunt tanks down range. Heck, even a scorpius, sitting still behind complete cover can fire twice in a turn. Personally I love this as it doesn't need to see its target and with its range if you placed it well and out of sight it doesn't need to move.

Berzerkers are fantastic meat grinder. Tough and murderous in close combat and they get to fight twice in said combat. You can always stuff them into a rhino to roll them up close to something to kill or you can infiltrate them. And if memory serves you can infiltrate them during deployment, you can then move them in the movement phase, and still charge that same turn. Fun stuff.

Just some ramblings.

How would you, guys, describe the style of ornamentation on the Alpharius' armour?  I am trying to pinpoint what nation, country or a region the designers were inspired by so I can start looking for the decorative motives to copy.  For some time I thought it looks Polynesian but I guess it's reserved for the Carcharodons.

Greek or medieval Europe for the details.

The scales remind me of Roman scale armour.

Anyhow I think it should be impossible to pin down.

Alpharius should have a look that could have come from anyway and nowhere at the same time.

Archived