++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Sviar

I think the non-vehicle thing is interesting. Outflanking bikes is going to be saucy.

Actually it's very plausible to take your entire army, and let your opponent go first, and just react to it. Only the randomness of Outflank on table edges can be a bit hairy, but I see this being a super fun army to play.

Cultists from LatD and the Alpha recycling mechanism sounds like something I'd do for sure. It just sounds fun.

CAD's aren't bad for these guys either really, opening up FW units like a Fire Raptor... But I suppose it can't come on in T1? :)

I think the non-vehicle thing is interesting. Outflanking bikes is going to be saucy.

Actually it's very plausible to take your entire army, and let your opponent go first, and just react to it. Only the randomness of Outflank on table edges can be a bit hairy, but I see this being a super fun army to play.

Cultists from LatD and the Alpha recycling mechanism sounds like something I'd do for sure. It just sounds fun.

CAD's aren't bad for these guys either really, opening up FW units like a Fire Raptor... But I suppose it can't come on in T1? :smile.:

Outflanking bikes? I think I'm overlooking that rule, where is that one?

Okay... I'm confusing it with the Shrouded rule.

The bikes would get Shrouded?

Wasn't trying to be facetious, I thought somehow I was missing something awesome. All I saw for non-vehicle models was Shrouded, yeah. 

Hell yeah, that sounds awesome! Too bad the HQ units don't also get Infiltrate, as that would allow one to create a bubble of Fearless with the relic. Still, can always deep strike something or rush up on a bike to keep up with the infiltrators. That is actually a sort of awesome idea, biker lord carrying this banner that drives all the cultists crazy and keeps them rushing forward.

Hell yeah, that sounds awesome! Too bad the HQ units don't also get Infiltrate, as that would allow one to create a bubble of Fearless with the relic. Still, can always deep strike something or rush up on a bike to keep up with the infiltrators. That is actually a sort of awesome idea, biker lord carrying this banner that drives all the cultists crazy and keeps them rushing forward.

oh no... that stinks. That means the Dark Apostle cannot infiltrate with the squads. Well... that throws a wrench into it.

The cultists though... wow. It almost makes you want to put about 6 min sized squads in play and just swarm your opponent. See if you can get 2-3 free squasd, + 2-3 recycled squads.

Is that how that works? So if a cultist unit gets destroyed, i roll a d6 for the formation and another for the detatchment? And if i get 2 4+'s, i get a free unit?

that's the way it reads. I'm no authority on it but it's been reported both ways. I think the Alpha Legion rule actually reads differently from the LatD rule. One says basically the Cultists go back into on going reserves. The other rule says you get a new unit.

Neither rule actually puts the old unit back into reserves.  One rule creates a "new, identical unit", the other a "new unit that is identical, in terms of the original number of models, weapons and upgrades".  They have different names, so they're separate rules.  Nothing about doing exactly what each of them tells you to do conflicts in any way. 

RAW, you get 2 rolls and can get 2 new units.  Whether that's FAQ'd away we'll have to wait and see.  Until then, remember to bring extra models.

I wonder if the chance for extra units may turn out to be actually less impactful than the improved chance of getting a unit back quickly.  If you lose a unit of cultists on turn 1 or 2 with a regular tLotD, you have a 1/3 chance they walk back on next turn.  Under an Insurgency Force, it's a 5/9 chance to see at least one new unit on the board.  Extra units sounds pretty great too, but having your cultists back in time to go do stuff might be an even bigger deal.

Oh dear Lord.

"Hey Alphie have you noticed there's more cultists around than usual."
"I have Pharius! I wonder why"

*A cultist who gets his in a marine's way gets trod on, but instead of dying vibrates and splits into two.*

"No idea Alphie. No idea."

No idea on the flamer thing. I don't know the chaos codex enough yet. I am excitied my 30k legions are now almost model for model useful for 40k. I just finished building and 3 color painting a 3k force(washes count right?) using infiltrate and rhinos. Not going to take much to use them as chaos, especially since I was never big on the whole spikey thing anyway. Will need to pick up the IA book finally for my 3 FW vehicles in the list(Sicarian, scorpius, contemptor) and I should be set. Will lack a lot of utility stuff like apothecaries with augery scanners but oh well. Even my support squads will have use as chosen troops freeing up space for a terminator squad :) Let the infiltrating infantry horde in APCs commence!

Scorpius is loyalist scum only in 40k. :sad.:

The IA13 book is full of other things apart from the things you listed though, as Rapiers, Fire Raptors and dreadclaws (dedicated transport for chosen meaning it has obsec in a warband formation).

As far as I know the Frag Cannon is not a flamer so I have no idea if there is a rending flamer somewhere in the game?

Yay, 25p for a 2+ armour save without any extra benefits... :sad.:

Well, who would take that one over the 3d6 move thingy anyway?

The Malcador Infernus can take an AP2 flamer, but that's the only one I can think of.

To be honest, other than that oddity all the relics look good. Obvious winner is the Mindveil, but the relic bolters are both nice, the Blade of the Hydra is not half bad, and the Icon is nice too.

Archived