Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Alpha Legion XX Legion Legio XX Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
1312 replies to this topic

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
Thank you guys.
I will give it a shot and see what happens

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled
We look forward to seeing the results of your hard labor

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts

Thank you guys.

https://www.tapatalk....html#p23137951

Here's a link to someone with the same name as you doing what you want to do.

Welcome to the Alpha Legion.

• sfPanzer likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Thank you guys.

Thank you, brother.
Yes, that was me but i got so sick of that scheme i ended up selling the whole army.
Yet, the hydra is strong i suppose...
  • ChazSexington likes this

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts

Thank you guys.

Thank you, brother.
Yes, that was me but i got so sick of that scheme i ended up selling the whole army.
Yet, the hydra is strong i suppose...

I actually remember copying your scheme for a while! It's really nice, but I'm guessing you want to paint something different now?

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Yes mate. I want to collect the legion once again, but i'm struggling with the colors.
I kinda want a dark scheme but somehow i always end up getting light colors.

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Controversial Opinion - you can always do the tried and true method of painting whatever colors you want and say it's Alpha Legion .
  • nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Controversial Opinion - you can always do the tried and true method of painting whatever colors you want and say it's Alpha Legion .

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png I guess that is true, but the in end up again in the loop of changing colour schemes every month or so 

I have been trying to paint some mkIII marines which you can see in here if you want to :)

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,312 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Hey Nus!

I use a base of Stegadon Green with highlight of Sotek Green and tip it off with Sybarite Green in my latest colour scheme (colour scheme 6.0...probably not the last one...) if you need inspiration. Are you looking for a dark or light blue?

Though I often use an airbrush nowadays, at least for my heresy stuff...

gallery_61265_13297_105500.jpg

• nusphigor and Tylydox like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I know the focus was on darker schemes, but now seemed like a good time to share this link for a non-metallic pre-heresy style scheme:  Though I haven't personally used this style, I really like it.

But for me, I am and always will be a sucker for the color shifting metallic style. Been addicted to it ever since I found my recipe. 

FwxqDdMm.jpg?1

• nusphigor likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled

Looks good

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Hey Nus!

I use a base of Stegadon Green with highlight of Sotek Green and tip it off with Sybarite Green in my latest colour scheme (colour scheme 6.0...probably not the last one...) if you need inspiration. Are you looking for a dark or light blue?

Though I often use an airbrush nowadays, at least for my heresy stuff...

gallery_61265_13297_105500.jpg

Hey there mate! Long time no see.
Thats a really neat mini there!
Lets see, stegadon green, check
Sotek green, check
Need to get that sybarite green though...

I kinda want to start from a darker blue. I've been toying with macragge blue (the irony, i know...) shaded with druchii violet, but i got one kantor blue tonight, so i'll do more tests and maybe highlight it towards sotek green with moot green in some places (trying to not get overvoard with it this time).

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

I know the focus was on darker schemes, but now seemed like a good time to share this link for a non-metallic pre-heresy style scheme: Though I haven't personally used this style, I really like it.

But for me, I am and always will be a sucker for the color shifting metallic style. Been addicted to it ever since I found my recipe.
FwxqDdMm.jpg?1

Really cool tutorial. That green glaze makes it feel kinda seabound. Like if the marine was a lot in the sea and mould would start to hang on to the armour. It certainly ties up to the hydra theme really well.

Thats a nice metallic scheme, reqlly well applied and eye catching.
Though not for me really 😰
Cheers mate

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
You guys should try the Alpha Legion deck in Horus Heresy Legions

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

You guys should try the Alpha Legion deck in Horus Heresy Legions

I've been enjoying the one with exodus, but didnt like the trap/secret order mechanic that much to be honest, as i like more to play direct damage decks (because of magic the gathering)
Thats why i have an Ehrlen world eaters deck as my main one xD

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
With the new models coming I will be starting an alpha legion army coming next month. I will be embroiled in a 1000 pts army challenge in another community starting the 15.03.

My plan for a paint scheme is turqoise armour with dark purple cloaks and loincloths and dark metal trim on normal troops, bronze or gold on hqs and maybe some more elite units. I bought the turqoise and purple warcolours Sets for this, as well as metallic turqoise and emerald for accents. I want to go into zenithal higlighting and inks and glazes with this project.
What I still need is a good basing scheme. I am kind of stuck between Red desert and normal dessert but not really happy with either.

I am picking the alpha legion because I liked them in the heresy and in shroud of might and sons of the Hydra.

In terms of army composition I will take what will be in the shadow spear box and go from there, as I am unsure as to whats good in Chaos right now and what isnt. I had the idea of maybe deepstriking 2-3 Berserker squads with the alpha legion stratagems and letting the rest of the army go for ranged combat. Maybe ally in a questor traitors down the line. Definitely a sorceror or two, as my other army, Black templars are a decidedly nonpsychic melee focussed force.

So yeah this is me saying hi and maybe posting some testmodels when colours from crete have come to my doorstep ;)

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 09 February 2019 - 11:24 AM.

• Excessus likes this
But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
Shadowspear is the perfect box set for Alpha Legion because you can have a Legion Seeker Squad, Exodus, and then the corrupted Chaos units.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I will have to Look at the boxes full contents and then see, what goes into my templars and what goes into the alpha legion.
How do you use 30k units like the Headhunters and exodus in 40k?

In general I have to remind myself to be patient till I know whats in the box to plan for 1k.
But propably it will be something like:

Lord with Plasma pistol and Power maul (obsidious mallex)
Sorcerer
3*5 csm heavy Bolter combiplasma
2*3 obliterators Mark of slaanesh
Tick daemonengine thingie

Going of that I might add in some deepstriking khorne daemon, a defiler and 1-3 plas/missile hellbrutes with a buffing sorcerer. Then see how many points are left and what I want to do with them.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 10 February 2019 - 10:56 AM.

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
Headhunters make great Chosen and Exodus can be a Special Character using the tables from Chapter Approved 2018.

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

For those of you running AL as loyalists in 40k what do you use to represent them rules wise (DW are cool and have tactical flexibility but SM have a wide range of chapter tactics and access to more toys)? 

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,259 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

For those of you running AL as loyalists in 40k what do you use to represent them rules wise (DW are cool and have tactical flexibility but SM have a wide range of chapter tactics and access to more toys)?

I'm just going to move this post over to the Raven Guard forums....

;-)
  • sfPanzer likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts

I'm just going to move this post over to the Raven Guard forums....

;-)

I mean, I was considering RG to how similar it is but UM could also be a good shout and DW have the flexibility. 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,666 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Honestly if you go that route you could just take whatever you want as AL doesn't have preferences when infiltrating other chapters. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts

Honestly if you go that route you could just take whatever you want as AL doesn't have preferences when infiltrating other chapters. ^^

I know they don't have a preference, am just curious to see what everyone else is using

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,312 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Not using any loyalists to represent my Alpha Legion at the moment, but if I would I'd go for...anything really. If they're loyalists they already have infiltrated... :)

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alpha Legion, XX Legion, Legio XX, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)