Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Alpha Legion XX Legion Legio XX Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
1299 replies to this topic

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,047 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Hi all

I’m new to Chaos. Am slowly building up an Alpha Legion warband. My question is, does the Daemonkin stuff from shadowspear fit into Alpha from a fluff perspective? Part of me says yes, Alpha infiltrate everything, prt of me says no but I don’t know why. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, use what you want. The Alpha Legion will use every available tool to win. Everything is a weapon in the long war, and only victory counts.
  • Rockythedog likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

Presumably no Sekhmet terminators or Deathshroud then though?

My (very slow) Alpha Legion blog for the Horus Heresy:

http://www.bolterand...y-alpha-legion/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,924 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

No, sadly, those are legion codex specific. You could always bring them as allies if you want to use their rules.

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

No, sadly, those are legion codex specific. You could always bring them as allies if you want to use their rules.

That's unfortunate, no 40k coils it is. 

My (very slow) Alpha Legion blog for the Horus Heresy:

http://www.bolterand...y-alpha-legion/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,924 posts

It would be pretty cool if the coil rule came over from 30k. There'd have to be some parameters but it would be pretty neat.

Again tough, don't let that stop you from using the minis or rules. You can always use the minis if you like them and if you want to use the unit itself there are ways to add them to an army.

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts

rJ7tanZl.jpg

Thought I'd share my newest Raptors here :)

I need to paint up another 20, but gonna get there some day!

These guys are still the best raptor models around. I love them, so much better thsb the new ones.Trying to get a hold of them is a pain though.

Nice paint job on them btw
  • ChazSexington likes this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,052 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
I had a full squad plus an extra Champ and special weapon carrier, but I ebayed them. They're awesome sculpts, yes...but they're a pain in the butt to actually play with because they're so tall and top heavy.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 857 posts

I had a full squad plus an extra Champ and special weapon carrier, but I ebayed them. They're awesome sculpts, yes...but they're a pain in the butt to actually play with because they're so tall and top heavy.

32mm bases has helped a lot! Maybe on those old skool 90s hill!

rJ7tanZl.jpg

Thought I'd share my newest Raptors here smile.png

I need to paint up another 20, but gonna get there some day!

These guys are still the best raptor models around. I love them, so much better thsb the new ones.Trying to get a hold of them is a pain though.

Nice paint job on them btw

Cheers :) They're pretty easy to find on eBay!

• the emperor is scottish likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,924 posts
A request if anyone could kindly oblige:

I am wondering if anyone knows or has a pic of the FW praetors for Alpha Legion compared to primaris marines. I would love to get those guys but wondering if they are passable next to primaris turned true-scalish AL astartes.

With my limited experience some of FW sculpts are bigger than GW plastic marines and sometimes they’re smaller so I’d love to know before I bite the bullet on a purchase.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,178 posts

Presumably no Sekhmet terminators or Deathshroud then though?

No, they're in a different codex and have the THOUSAND SONS/DEATH GUARD and not the <LEGION> keywords.

As noted, you can always bring them in a separate detachment, or the same detachment if you sacrifice your legion trait.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,047 posts

So an Alpha Legion Master of Possession can: Use the forward operatives strategem to get 9" closer, move and advance to get 6+d6" closer, summon a squad of daemons?

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,818 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

So an Alpha Legion Master of Possession can: Use the forward operatives strategem to get 9" closer, move and advance to get 6+d6" closer, summon a squad of daemons?

Heh, yeah. You'd move an average of 17"-18" turn 1 and then can summon a bloodletter bomb or whatever right in front of the enemy for an easy turn 1 charge. Just make sure you actually go first or say goodbye to the MoP.

Can't wait to see the nerf for that new psychic power. :teehee:

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,178 posts

Our chief weapons are surprise and fear. 

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,047 posts

tumblr_me7qubpCIu1ql6c6go1_250.gif

• Iron Father Ferrum likes this

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled

Our chief weapons are surprise and fear. 

Funny I always thought that is was control.

Like playing chess with the board already setup to win.

With the cloak and dagger just being just one of their method of control.

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

Why would you want other legion termi's when you have the amazing Laemeans with CHOOM guns you can counts as combi plasma in 40K? AL has like the best looking termi praetor as well so far- again with a CHOOM gun to use as a 40k termi lord. 

• Scourged likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,818 posts

Yeah surprise and fear is kinda the Nightlords thing. :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 857 posts

Can't Move and Summon. 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,818 posts

Can't Move and Summon. 

He's talking about the summon psychic power which you explicitly can do after moving according to the FAQ. ;)

• ChazSexington likes this

Disclaimer:

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 857 posts

Can't Move and Summon. 

He's talking about the summon psychic power which you explicitly can do after moving according to the FAQ. msn-wink.gif

Aah, cheers :)

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts

In case somebody missed the full updates from the Warhammer Fest, on the day 1 there was introduced a new band for AOS "Warcry" subsystem called "the Splintered Fang".  Their visual aesthetics are akin to Alpha Legion (in my opinion).  I plan to use their decorative elements for my army.

al-1.jpg

al-2.jpg

al-3.jpg

al-4.jpg

• Excessus likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

Yeah, the crests and that trident etc would go great with AL. I am keeping an eye on this range as well for extra bits to use. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,052 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
I see close combat cultists.
  • slitth and MegaVolt87 like this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 332 posts
Have you made good use of the Shadowspear Chaos models?

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled

I love the Chaos Undecided comic series they are running on Warhammer Community.

If you haven read it is on https://www.warhamme...haos-undecided/

I really looking forward to the see what they do with the Alpha Legion

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alpha Legion, XX Legion, Legio XX, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users