Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The True Word

word bearers heresy gal vorbak erebus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
169 replies to this topic

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

"that which we foolishly call truth,is only a small island in a vast sea of the unknown"

yup the heresy  has finally hooked me .after seeing the excellant work you guys created for the ETL ,i decided to step on the forgeworld train to financial ruination laugh.png

and for this journey i have decided after much deliberation to go the way of the word.

reason being1 i looooove the gal vorback models and already have erebus and kor pheron as a crimbo present.2 my first army for 40k was post heresy word bearers and it just feels poetic my jump to resin junky should go the same start as my plastic addiction .msn-wink.gif

so here are the first steps

DSCN0255_zps8cf37654.jpgall are now in their sanctified unguent bath with regular chanting to remove the shiny taint of the emperors mould release

chhers DC

Edited by daemonclaw, 29 September 2014 - 08:57 PM.

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

aaaaaand followed!

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,919 posts

Welcome to the Heresy Brother! Looking forward to what you shall enlighten us with / bring forth from the depths of your imagination!

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,518 posts
Welcome! More and more I'm leaning towards WB so I'll be watching this ;) you going with the grey or the crimson?

MakoBoy88

MakoBoy88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
What a lad.

Through Fire and Darkness Forged.

chaplain mortis

chaplain mortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 950 posts
Nice one Daemonclaw!
About time you have seen sense and joined the heresy haha
Gives me more of a reason to get an army ready now...big heresy games in the near future mate!
Good luck with this and cant wait to see those Gal Vorbak with paint on..
Signature non-compliant due to photobucket...
Hidden Content

Balthamal

Balthamal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts

That's how it's done. Go hard or go home

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Having just found your other work I am very excited about this.

Balthamal

Balthamal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts

The one thing I will say from bitter experience, is don't attempt to prep all of that in 1 go, it will rip your sanity apart

MakoBoy88

MakoBoy88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
And then you will convince yourself that FW resins natural colour is totally WB Grey.

Through Fire and Darkness Forged.

Dragonkin Arenis

Dragonkin Arenis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

Instantly followed.

Lurking about since 2009.

The Iron Sentinels, Wardens of the Eastern Fringe (on hold)

Emperor's Children XXXII Company, The Praetorians

Does anyone else think that Kor Phaeron looks like Prince Phillip?

gizur

gizur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 235 posts

I have to keep my eyes on this.  devil.gif

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
We are watching... Followed :D

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

Frostmourne

Frostmourne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

Inspirational. Go hard or go home style, i love it.

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

wow guys thank you for the awesome support,chaplain mortis told me this was a great friendly part of bolter and having not frequented here much i now see the truth of itwub.gif

aaaaaand followed!

aaaaand thank you sir ,i just wish i had come here sooner for the etl as i have a fair few points i could have added.ah well next yearthumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Heresy Brother! Looking forward to what you shall enlighten us with / bring forth from the depths of your imagination!

thank you brother i hope i can do the models justice

Welcome! More and more I'm leaning towards WB so I'll be watching this msn-wink.gif you going with the grey or the crimson?

thank you brother ,i am thinking of a mix as i have the gal vorback and old erebus so i will start building and get some test models up

What a lad.

thank you

Nice one Daemonclaw!
About time you have seen sense and joined the heresy haha
Gives me more of a reason to get an army ready now...big heresy games in the near future mate!
Good luck with this and cant wait to see those Gal Vorbak with paint on..

cheers buddy now you do realise i will probably get an army up first you  procrastinatormsn-wink.gif

That's how it's done. Go hard or go home

cheers brother i am aiming for the long haul

Having just found your other work I am very excited about this.

cheers brother glad you stopped by

The one thing I will say from bitter experience, is don't attempt to prep all of that in 1 go, it will rip your sanity apart

true words there i thinkthumbsup.gif

And then you will convince yourself that FW resins natural colour is totally WB Grey.

biggrin.png

Instantly followed.

thank you sir

I have to keep my eyes on this.  

thank you

We are watching... Followed 

cheers i will try to keep this thread going with regular updates

Inspirational. Go hard or go home style, i love it.

cheers i am already planning out my next orderbiggrin.png

again thanx guys DC

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS

THE TRUE WORD

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

england  + rainy bank holiday = model building time YAYlaugh.png

and this is what we have so far

DSCN0268_zps8571b37f.jpgDSCN0269_zpsf7304096.jpgDSCN0271_zpsa9c2603e.jpg

and IMHO some of the best sculpts forge world have done ,boy what i would give to sculpt like this 

DSCN0273_zpsaa54b02d.jpg

and how big are those bad boys SOOO INTIMIDATING

DSCN0272_zps03febddd.jpg

and here is one idea for basic troops (before weathering shading etc)i was thinking glowing runes giving the feeling that THE WORD is almost an entity in itself infusing the bearers .

DSCN0266_zpse426bad7.jpgDSCN0267_zpsfa12fb7d.jpg

anywhoo thats all for now ,comments and crit  welcome

DAEMONWORKS

THE TRUE WORD

Frostmourne

Frostmourne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

:0 Impressive work load, brother. Well played!

I cant wait to get cracking like this, does it make you more enthused to crack on?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,518 posts
See just as I'd decided to wait on my WB and you go and show me these... I cannot get over how cool the Gal Vorbak models are.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts
Gal Vorbak are awesome!

Excellent work on the glowing letters too! Great touch! And your choice to go grey is commendable! Although you may want to use red too at places as to show the transition phase from grey to red. Regardless I'm really into this project! :woot:

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,518 posts
If (When) i do my WB, thinks like the Gal Vorbak and elite stuff will be in red, and the rest in grey, with red trim :)

chaplain mortis

chaplain mortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 950 posts
Thats more like it DC!

And what a great start to a traitorous lot you have...the grey is looking good..I hope they are sprayed and not just the resin haha

And omg! How big are those gal vorbak! The to scale pic is phenomenal

And hopefully I will be getting an army together to match this lot haha

Well done mate
Signature non-compliant due to photobucket...
Hidden Content

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

:0 Impressive work load, brother. Well played!

I cant wait to get cracking like this, does it make you more enthused to crack on?

cheers frostmourne,yup i am feeling enthused now

See just as I'd decided to wait on my WB and you go and show me these... I cannot get over how cool the Gal Vorbak models are.

cheers fire golem ,yay go for word bearers theres not many of us out there at the moment

Gal Vorbak are awesome!

Excellent work on the glowing letters too! Great touch! And your choice to go grey is commendable! Although you may want to use red too at places as to show the transition phase from grey to red. Regardless I'm really into this project! woot.gif

cheers cap ,do you mean mix red like on one leg or shoulder pad etc?

If (When) i do my WB, thinks like the Gal Vorbak and elite stuff will be in red, and the rest in grey, with red trim smile.png

mmmmm grey and red trim thats a fine idea sir

Thats more like it DC!

And what a great start to a traitorous lot you have...the grey is looking good..I hope they are sprayed and not just the resin haha

And omg! How big are those gal vorbak! The to scale pic is phenomenal

And hopefully I will be getting an army together to match this lot haha

Well done mate

cheers chappy ,haha yeah they do look suspiciously like just resin colourwhistling.gif damn making me doubt the colour nowwallbash.gif

and yeah the gal vorbak are awesome and huge ,maybe some more purchasing down the line laugh.png

now i have been messing about with another test figure

DSCN0274_zps29550e13.jpgDSCN0275_zps91df7ca6.jpg

its just a rough at the moment to see how colours and runes gel

input welcome

cheers for the comments guys

DAEMONWORKS

THE TRUE WORD

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,518 posts

cheers fire golem ,yay go for word bearers theres not many of us out there at the moment

Haha well I settled on SoH in the end but I will be doing some Word Bearers in the future :)

Edited by fire golem, 26 August 2014 - 12:04 PM.

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

Haha well I settled on SoH in the end but I will be doing some Word Bearers in the future smile.png

settled mmmmmm if your anything like chaplain mortis "settling "is only for a day or two then its on to trying another legion,i think he has a full legion of all the legions mixedlaugh.png

DAEMONWORKS

THE TRUE WORD

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,518 posts
We'll yeah this is settling after months of bouncing around but I'm gonna really try to stick with them now, and do allied forces later of other legions that interest me :)