Assassins, both use and killing of

BladeGaurd

A leak assassin rumor is in general discussion. Who would you take and who do you fear.

I love the Callidus and fear the Culexus.

Culexus can really mess with psyker armies and warp charges, great for anti elder, grey knights and demons of tzeench.

Also how will you kill the Culexus?

My answer is incinerator or a dreadnought in hand to hand and just lock him in combat.

Honestly I'm gonna use and fear the culexus, I think staying away from him makes up for being able to throw unneeded charges at him to delete big threats. Also excited to finally try out the eversor since current one can't infiltrate

Well I think our best bet to take out any assassin will be interceptors/dreadknight shunting in it's face and Flaming it :-P

Or gatling psylencer. I highly doubt the assassin could save 6/7 ish wounds caused by 12 shots on its 4+ save :-P

And depending if they enhanced the range of the exodus rifle after nerfing vindicares abilities / ammo. I'm gonna remain undecided on which assassin to use

Aren't assassins T4? If so, the flamer (top 1 wound) or gatling psylencer (cover/++ saves) won't do much. Psyfleman dread... oh wait, no! :p Like much in this codex, I guess good ol' punching in the face (aka assaulting) is still the best!

Vindicare basically nerfed into uselessness.

Culuxes back to being uber cheesy cheese sauce when used with GK.

Callidus looks interesting.  Might live after her DS (but still can't assault that turn) and messes with your opponent.

Eversor. Still /meh.  A CC unit, but more than likely outclassed by dedicated CC units.  But at least useable.

(He's still /meh) ;)

Aren't assassins T4? If so, the flamer (top 1 wound) or gatling psylencer (cover/++ saves) won't do much. Psyfleman dread... oh wait, no! :p Like much in this codex, I guess good ol' punching in the face (aka assaulting) is still the best!

Being T4 multi wound models with a mediocre 4++ save, assassins are perfect targets for the Gatling psylencer with Force activated. If shooting as BS 1 you probably need Prescience to improve your chances.

Strike my respose above. Based on faulty leaks.

Vindicare (with all hits being precision shots) is ok. 72" Range and 3 Wounds.

Nice.

Callidus: Polymorphine nerfed. Lulzy if you go first though. Infiltrate 1" away from a soft target and Template them to death.

Ouch.

Culuxes.

Is the Anti-Invisibility Troll. (All Psychic buffs stop in thier 12" range)

Stops us generating WC if we fuel his Animus (if within 12"). So it's a trade off. *Is shot in the Psychic phase*

And he can still shoot in the shooting phase with another weapon (Basically throwing his Psyk-out Grenade...)

*Assassins are no longer Unique*

I'll let that settle for a moment. msn-wink.gif

Then how about an army of Callidus, that infiltrate 1" away from your opponent, help you seize turn 1 and you unleash AP2 Templates that wound on 4+ on everyone.

And if anyone lives, they have to snap shot you first turn.

Then you template them all again.

(Is it bad there's more interesting stuff in the Assassin Dataslate then the entire new GK codex?)

Well a strike squad with 2 incinerators will surely remove at least 1 wound!(most likely 2) Then the other 14 bolter shots will very likely remove it's last wound. (that's if they still have 2 wounds, I dunno)

3W.

T4 and 4++ Save. No Armour Save, no FnP anymore.

the old apoc formations, from the daemonhunter codex.  I had my 6 vindicares pin a full 4x4 table one time.   My callidus 'word in your ear'ed' a reaver titan out of its bubble wrap.  I de-trukked 8000 points of orcs with the extra assets from the eversoar formation.   And shut down EVERY psyker on the table for two turns due to the old soulless rule.

I probably use my lovely vindicare as distraction. Everyone knows what vindicare can do so they hit everything they can to him then I sneak culexus and rip his lines open with Culexus. Nobody has every used culexus in here before so they don't know what is going to hit them.

Vindicare is amazing now. 72" range, turbo-penetrator is now lethal as hell to vehicles and multi-wound alike, and shield-breaker has been toned down (it was a bit janky). Ignore Cover and Precision Shot, plus -2 to Look Out Sir! rolls by the enemy makes him an actual sniper now. All for just 5pts more than before. Massive improvement. 

Culexus is scary as hell now, and we'll probably see him taken as a hard-counter to Knights. Ignoring armour saves in melee is huge, as is his ID on a 6 to wound (or ID on attack directed at a psyker). Etherium is borderline broken now, he'll be a god in combat and very hard to gun down. Template and blast weapons would be the way to go. 

Eversor is very nice now. 4 shots with his pistol, 3D6 charge range and 3 charge attacks....and his choice of either Fleshbane+Shred or normal AP3 power sword when he slaps you around at Initiative 8. 

Callidus I feel got a raw deal. Her shredder is weaker now, and she's not as scary as either the Eversor or Culexus in melee. She has 'Invisibility' when she's deployed now, which is nice. 

Vindicare is amazing now. 72" range, turbo-penetrator is now lethal as hell to vehicles and multi-wound alike, and shield-breaker has been toned down (it was a bit janky). Ignore Cover and Precision Shot, plus -2 to Look Out Sir! rolls by the enemy makes him an actual sniper now. All for just 5pts more than before. Massive improvement.

Culexus is scary as hell now, and we'll probably see him taken as a hard-counter to Knights. Ignoring armour saves in melee is huge, as is his ID on a 6 to wound (or ID on attack directed at a psyker). Etherium is borderline broken now, he'll be a god in combat and very hard to gun down. Template and blast weapons would be the way to go.

Eversor is very nice now. 4 shots with his pistol, 3D6 charge range and 3 charge attacks....and his choice of either Fleshbane+Shred or normal AP3 power sword when he slaps you around at Initiative 8.

Callidus I feel got a raw deal. Her shredder is weaker now, and she's not as scary as either the Eversor or Culexus in melee. She has 'Invisibility' when she's deployed now, which is nice.

The vindicare probably isn't worth taking if it's only for vehicles, he's only ap2 so more times than not you'll be knocking off hull points and maybe taking away the primary vehicle weapon if you manage to roll it.

Honestly the culexus is just stupid good considering the points. Had one take out my dreadknight AND grandmaster in melee earlier today (together across two rounds, not in seperate combats)... Idk of a cost effective way to deal with it, maybe charging with interceptors+force or hope to get lucky and shoot them off the board with a Gatling psylencer or mass bolter

The vindicare probably isn't worth taking if it's only for vehicles, he's only ap2 so more times than not you'll be knocking off hull points and maybe taking away the primary vehicle weapon if you manage to roll it. 

True, but S10 guaranteed (instead of needing to spike high on that 3D6) makes me a lot happier, and if you roll a 5 or 6 you already pen AV14. Same odds as melta doing something really. 

Honestly the culexus is just stupid good considering the points. Had one take out my dreadknight AND grandmaster in melee earlier today (together across two rounds, not in seperate combats)... Idk of a cost effective way to deal with it, maybe charging with interceptors+force or hope to get lucky and shoot them off the board with a Gatling psylencer or mass bolter 

Gatling psilencer would be your best bet, but you'd definitely wanna put 'Prescience' on your DK so you can re-roll to hit. Turn on 'Force', and out of the 3-4 hits you do you only need one wound past his 4+ invul to kill him. Chancy, but storm bolter won't work (not enough shots to get around his Etherium, 3 wounds and 4+ invul). 

Archived