++ The Dark Council - A Word Bearers Community ++

Orange can be fine depending on the tone of the orange and the tone of the red. Usually though it's a good idea for spot colours to orient yourself on the eye lenses. What colour do you paint those? It's most likley not orange and is probably blue or green so you want other similar spot colours to be the same colour.

You don't want to have too many different spot colours on your model or it ends up looking like it just came from a Harlequin party. So your armour is already red, your eye lenses might be blue, your plasma be ... green? Clothes are a bit too bright purple? Some other glowy stuff on the backpack or wherever is yellow? Just examples but I think you see where I'm going there. ^^

Eye lenses offer arguably the most valuable focal point on a model, and if done well, a lone spot colour on the eyes can really make a model. You want spot colours to be similar levels of warmth/cool, ideally, not necessarily the same colour. Their job is to contrast against the main colour and drawn one's eye. Something like this

Eye lenses: saturated green

Plasma glow: hot orange

Cloth: a non-boring black (innumerable subtle things you can do here with green or blue, etc, without skewing a model)

would be a simple and limited palette that could definitely work. Use things like mutations, trophies, and basing to add colour. edit: Pretty much like this 'eavy metal marine, which illustrates what I'm thinking pretty clearly.

22dnsrT.png

A cold red with a little bit of complexity to keep it interesting, isolated green eyes, tinted black cloth, and a bright copper spot colour that will stand out on any model featuring it. Even if the copper and green were played up, it wouldn't look too busy. I could quite easily imagine an orange plasma glow on that model looking fantastic. There are already enough elements and textures to make the model work (red, silver, black, copper, green, bone), and nor do any of these elements preclude the use of orange. I wasn't advocating using 417 different spot colours though so not sure why you brought that up. :P

Edited by Marshal Loss

I wasn't advocating using 417 different spot colours though so not sure why you brought that up. :tongue.:

If I were replying directly to your post I would have quoted you. It was just a general statement. ;)

Well I guess the book and the other thing don't belong to a new Sorcerer after all. That leaves only the backpack exhaust as possible hint to a new Sorcerer model. ^^

So I figured the Word Bearers Community would be a good place to ask, but does anyone have any kitbash/conversion ideas to make better looking Possessed now that we see that aren't being replaced?

I'm planning on starting up a Word Bearers Daemonkin army and even though they aren't very good, I want to do up at least 20 posessed, maybe more if I can get enough variety into them. I'm planning to use 6 Greater Posessed, 2 from Shadowspear, and 4 Gal Vorbac.

For regular possessed, I'm thinking of trying to kitbash with the Posessed kit, spawn kit and arms/heads from Daemonettes and Horrors. I might try to meld some Marine torsos onto Tyranid Ravenger and Dark Eldar Sslyth bodies, and use some Genestealer arms as well, Any other ideas or examples out there?

So I figured the Word Bearers Community would be a good place to ask, but does anyone have any kitbash/conversion ideas to make better looking Possessed now that we see that aren't being replaced?

I'm planning on starting up a Word Bearers Daemonkin army and even though they aren't very good, I want to do up at least 20 posessed, maybe more if I can get enough variety into them. I'm planning to use 6 Greater Posessed, 2 from Shadowspear, and 4 Gal Vorbac.

For regular possessed, I'm thinking of trying to kitbash with the Posessed kit, spawn kit and arms/heads from Daemonettes and Horrors. I might try to meld some Marine torsos onto Tyranid Ravenger and Dark Eldar Sslyth bodies, and use some Genestealer arms as well, Any other ideas or examples out there?

I have a squad of 20, and I built the first 10 pretty much as is.  For the next 10 I would cut(saw) the fixed leg off and attach it to a new hip, altering the stance. I was also fortunate to have most of an old Chaos Forsaken kit for head and arm swaps.  I made 2 Icon bearers just in case I ever want to run 2 units of 10.

gallery_108437_14773_203244.jpg

:^)

The WB focus is up for tomorrow, so where did this come from? Thank you so much for sharing it early, because:

It...

Is...

BEAUTIFUL! :wub:

Seriously, awesome stuff. Now my only hope is that the WB rules are not as bad as the non-renegade stuff previewed so far...

I reckon the article is up already and they just didn't list it yet. Someone simply seems to have gotten the URL right, I've just reposted the picture.

The Apostle is alright, the addition of acolytes is pretty awesome, but I do miss the engravings and ridiculously huge chaos star of the resin mini. The fact that we seemingly aren't getting new possessed is a bit of a bummer too, means that I'll probably get some Gal Vorbak instead.

If you have the fund, I would go all Vorbak for your regular possessed. If you don't want to drop that much much money then I saw some cool conversions using MkIII marines kitbashed with possessed. 

Try using the arms from the Forsaken kit as heads, part of the arms have nice gribbly bits on that can be trimmed off and repurposed. Ill try get some pictures of my Slaaneshii Possessed later if I get the chance so you know what I mean.

If you have the fund, I would go all Vorbak for your regular possessed. If you don't want to drop that much much money then I saw some cool conversions using MkIII marines kitbashed with possessed.

I've considered it, but I figure the regular possessed shouldn't look better than the greater...

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Then do it the other way around, use the greater possessed as regular and the gal vorbak as greater. I've seen photos in one of the various can threads around the new range where someone mixed possessed parts onto the greater possessed to create some variety.

I reckon the article is up already and they just didn't list it yet. Someone simply seems to have gotten the URL right, I've just reposted the picture.

The Apostle is alright, the addition of acolytes is pretty awesome, but I do miss the engravings and ridiculously huge chaos star of the resin mini. The fact that we seemingly aren't getting new possessed is a bit of a bummer too, means that I'll probably get some Gal Vorbak instead.

Some of the pictures are already in the code but the articles aren't accessible yet even with the right URL.

med_gallery_75911_12239_385363.jpg

Lighting isnt great here at the moment, so you cant really see the heads until I get some paint on them.

med_gallery_75911_12239_887118.jpg

Heres a few before I started painting them.

med_gallery_75911_12239_1230578.jpg

and my Word Bearers Possessed

After a quick nap and moving the paper I rememberd why I bothered. Non B&C friendly stuff under it...

Better light and photo box is a good idea though, might get somethin sorted for taking better pictures. I generally dont bother as I dont rate my painting good enough to show off.

Better light and photo box is a good idea though, might get somethin sorted for taking better pictures. I generally dont bother as I dont rate my painting good enough to show off.

Hey, you paint good. That flayed Daemonette was awesome, even in the WIP state it was in.

Whoop! Looking forward to jumping on the word bearer train with the new chaos stuff.

Welcome aboard. Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. :lol:

I made myself a Jump Pack Lord for my Word Bearers out of my seventh Greater Possessed:

iLKytgN.jpg

Getting that left Lightning Claw into the pauldron was really, really annoying.