++ The Dark Council - A Word Bearers Community ++

It comes thinned, to me perfectly for painting by brush. I dont have an air brush, but while it goes on slightly brighter, it dries to a perfect match to Mechrite, so if like me you have painted a lot of red in your life...its quite nice.

All airbrush paints are thinned. And the metallics usually have much finer metallic flecks too. Though almost every other company produces them in dropper bottles and cheaper ;)

Yeah I assumed as much regarding the other airbrush lines, but I dont have anything even remotely local that offers other lines and since its easy to add to a FW order.../shrug

Since you are 'here' though, whats your recommendation for metallic paints?

No, thats one of the Blade Slaves, a mini (2 man) Honour Guard for the new Diabolist character in HH5

Is the diabloist a word bearers sonly option or more widely available? Because that balde slave looks to featue a lot of the same symbols on his armour that forgeworld have been using for the word bearers units they've released.

No, thats one of the Blade Slaves, a mini (2 man) Honour Guard for the new Diabolist character in HH5

If they were sporting jet packs or wings I'd have thought they were supposed to be the Vakrah Jal.... They were gifted with scimatar-esque blades and wrist mounted flamers.... I'd love to see them as well as Argel Tal done by FW.....

Still they are pretty sweet looking models that will no doubt get added to my list of must haves......

~BtW

Ahhh......Not familiar with the character but it's a 3 character set: Zardu Layak and 2 of the blade slaves.....http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2015/05/forge-world-chaos-previews.html

Edited by Bearingtheword

Is the diabloist a word bearers sonly option or more widely available? Because that balde slave looks to featue a lot of the same symbols on his armour that forgeworld have been using for the word bearers units they've released.

Its a Word Bearer Centurion level unit, that dabbles in the warp.

Since you are 'here' though, whats your recommendation for metallic paints?

I have two recommendations.

First is Vallejo Model Air. Super smooth, already thin too due to being an airbrush line, and the particles are really fine.

The other is Scalecolour Metal N Alchemy by Scale 75. These I haven't tried yet but pretty much every painter (as in the display painting lot) hugely recommend them. And they have the added bonus of actuals colours like red, blue, and purple metallics too.

Not really. If there is a preference noted in an otherwise generalist legion, is a preference for massed infantry assaults. Read human wave assaults supported by astartes shock troops and linebreakers. There is an instance of a Word Bearers recon squad in the old HH artbook but in general there is no clear preference for the use of this unit. Bear in mind that in the olden days PA marines usually did the recon as well as Jetbike units so Bikers were something of a support unit and not set in the role that they are nowadays, as fast raiding units. 

On the other hand it is the Word Bearers and they made extensive use of every imaginable legion formation or unit so you can bet that they had entire companies full of bikers which they used to hunt down apostates and heretics back in the olden days. 

I've always considered the line about the hosts of the word bearers being formed and deployed according to the Mad visions of their dark apostles. As tactically sound or unsound as it might originally appear. I've always seen this as a licence to do basically anything with a word bearers force. But whatever you do it should be consistent.

So bikes are fine in my book, as are marked units, with the caveat that I won't use a duplicate mark until I have at least one of each present, and will probably shy away from cult units.

40K Word Bearers would look to me, to behave in 1 of 2 ways.

1. Crush the skulls of those who face them with their own hands, to further their own goals and climb up the ladder.

2. Sit back and let others do it for them, as they are already high enough up (if only in their own mind!) that direct physical contact with the enemy is beneath them.

When I think 40K Word Bearers, I sit in the latter grouping. Astartes who feel they are above Daemons, WAY above any other 'mortal', in the eyes of the Gods that they serve or worship or make demands of.

Any unit however makes sense, including Marked if you really want to push it (I dont like it, but I know BL/GW has activly tried to push away from Undivided for some reason.)

I have mentioned this before regarding marks and cults, but if you just slightly modify what you see the mark as representing, anything is open for the WB (except perhaps TS, because TS are TS, and thus would be mercenaries or something in a WB host).

I personally see marks more as temporary blessings bestowed by the Dark Apostle. So they go away after the battle.

I also got a unit of PM who in my mind are the work of my Chief Apothecary. In my head they are not 'true' PM, but more like marine zombies who require periodic maintenance to not simply slip into a lethargic state or otherwise just start falling apart. They are his work-in-progress you might say, but they do help the host maintain manpower, since even the dead can be reused (even if they suck between battles).

I also have a unit of Noise Marines (which I painted because I had the models and they were really fun!)

In my head these guys undergo penance for various (religious) crimes, which takes the form of using Sonic weapons which slowly drives them mad. The trial is to serve as a Noise Marine for a given period of time, and when you leave them you either have enough faith and sanity to return to the Word of Lorgar, or your mind has snapped and you fully embrace Slaanesh. In that case you are either killed or banished from the Host.

I mean, there are workarounds, and the codex is so incredibly weak as it is that I hardly see the point in playing if I'm gonna handicap myself by not using most of our toys. I have other armies too youknow. :tongue.:

Edited by totgeboren

Yeah justification can happen in a million ways. Word Bearer Librarian falls to Tzeentch, asks Ahriman for some robot dude's. Done and done. :tongue.:

EDIT: Anyone picked up the WB transfer sheet from FW yet? I'm not partial to the Chapter specific items, but the rest of the things are too small to see on the site.

EDIT x 2: Nevermind, I can zoom on the PDF :D

Edited by Scribe

• 1 month later...

That Zardu Layak & the Anakatis Kul Blade-slaves up for order over on the Forge World web site

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ZARDU_LAYAK.html

Also brass etching

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/WORD_BEARERS_BRASS_ETCH.html

Edited by Insane Psychopath

So what are my fellow Sons of Lorgar looking forward to doing with their Hosts in the near future?

Also Gal Vorbak.

Brother Tikhunt

Gal Vorbak and that Possessed Contemptor are on my list f things to pick up one day, and a Knight to bearer up...

The Red Wind adds it's prayers to this cause!

Dark Apostle Nabukad Ussar of the 32nd Host have ordered the construction of the Kerberodium. Now ready, it will walk the Eightfold Path screaming the Word throughout the galaxy.

gallery_25850_1043_39518.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_73950.jpg

(Here's a few more pictures.)

NICE!!!