++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

I have read The Dead Oracle and listened to the First Prince, as well as to the audiodrama Thief of Revelations and the one with Lucius fighting a duel with a TS sorcerer (epic piece). Hehe I buy them as they come out, in fact I buy everything with the Thousand Sons stamped on it so no worries, I have half a library of my 40k books with our favorite sorcerers in the universe. Said that since day one of my Chaos career (cca 14 years ago) I consider Ahriman my favorite character in the Warhammer universe, here, I have said it. 

Although Battle of the Fang might be set after Exile and Sorceror too? I'm not sure - it's M32 or M33 also? In Sorceror a Second Founding chapter are mentioned as having served for two millennia since the founding (which suggests > 2000 years). 

Also, as per Exile, they are set after the founding of the Cadian Gate, and possibly the second Black Crusade (597.M32) when the Gate was upgraded. 

• 4 weeks later...

I, Lord Khalophis, The Ashen Phoenix, Magister Templi of The Pyrae, High Magister of The Thousand Sons 6th Fellowship, Lord of The Photep and Master of The Lords of Ash swear fealty to my Lord, Magnus The Red.

My Warband and I have long served our lord Primarch, carrying out his orders no matter where they take us. We boast a proud and glorious history in service to our Primarch, for it was we who sacrificed the Pylos Sector to Chaos and seized the Forge World Dandaron for The Thousand Sons. It was We who lead 452nd Fleet of Reclaimation, restoring our brothers with new life and We who destroyed the Homeworld of the Iron Brothers, making them watch as we burned their world before dominating their minds and It was by my hand that Beowulf The Bloody, Great Wolf of The Space Wolves, was laid low. But these victories are for not, for The Emperor yet lives, Terra is not yet reclaimed by it's rightful owners and Humanity is still astray in the Dark. We work hand-in-hand with Warmaster Abaddon, as the envoy of Lord Magnus and by his hand shall Terra be reclaimed and Humanity claim it's true glory as the alpha race, in concert with Chaos yet un corrupted by it as the most powerful Psykers in the Cosmos! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! LET THE GALAXY BURN SO THAT IT MAY BE REBORN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a squad of those, they do look really good and are worth hunting down.
Having read Scars, I'm thinking of including a squad of traitor scar bikers in my army as the scars as presented in the book are pretty awesome, and it presents a very fluffy way to include them, plus the white will be a nice standout compared to the blue of the rest fo the army.
So I was wonderng what loadouts have people found best for ikers to support a Thousand sons core army? I'm thinking maybe in bigger games maybe taking a biker lord with the axe of blind fury, thoughts?

A question, I have seen in Warhammer Visions a very nice TSons army. The blue was of a spent tone and the gold was more toward the brass tone. Does anyone have any idea how the studio achieved that look? 

Answering to the bikers question. Why use bikers when Screamers are more thematic, cheaper to buy and quite versatile. Still if I would go for a loadout it would be the classic double melta gun. The Thousand Sons really need to spread their complement of weapons across the army to deal with either vehicles or generic infantry, with the only thing covered by their guns is marine killing. I usually load the rest of my army with Havoc launchers on Rhinos, Autocannons, Melta Guns and some melee counter-charge units in order to cover the weakness of my main unit, the Rubic marines. 

A good way to support Thousand Sons is to load on the Mayhem Pack since it offers a great counterpunch for our otherwise slow army. Not only you create havoc but it also allows to close for the Rapid Fire bolter bonaza. 

• 2 weeks later...

A question, I have seen in Warhammer Visions a very nice TSons army. The blue was of a spent tone and the gold was more toward the brass tone. Does anyone have any idea how the studio achieved that look? 

Do you have any pictures or can you tell me which issue it was?

Yep, the first one. It looks very similar to the paint job on some of the Dwarfs in the second Wahrhammer Visions. If you take a look into the paint-splatter section for the new dwarf units, there is a smal tutorial how they painted the new gyrocopter. It's thunderhawke blue, than nuln oil wash, then higlights with fenrisian blue and a glaze with the green glaze. There is a bronze-tutorial, too.

Hi everyone, I'm not a 1000S player but I did make some last winter and I DO have something to tell you guys which I hope you'll like.

I'm starting a new B&C event soon called Augustus' Arena: the B&C Inter-Frater Hobby Challenge, the purpose of which is to strengthen the bonds between B&C frater through friendly hobby challenges. The intent is that any frater can challenge another frater to make one legal unit within a time frame set my the challenged, while the challenger acts as a coach and motivator to the challenged, with feedback and encouragement on the updates of the challenged of his/her progress. If enough frater join in, this will create a dense interconnecting network of challenges that will yield a ton of fun, banter, and hopefully excellent miniatures. Of course there will be cool banners, medallions and awards in the end. :thumbsup:

if you dusty coffins like the idea, please let me know and I´ll post an invite here :biggrin.:

Generally I'm interested! But I'm very bad at painting under pressure :biggrin.:

But what about forcing others to paint under preassure? :biggrin.:

Not to worry about that: The challenged sets the deadline and decides what the eventual unit will be. It would be the challenger's job to provide feedback, motivate and encourage the challenged, acting as a sponsor of sorts. The aim of the event is inter-frater bonding, a lot of banter, fun, and hopefully some impressive miniatures! :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

Order of the day. Check the following facts/aspects of the Thousand Sons geneseed. Comment if anything should be added or removed. This is a discussion on the genetic specifics of the Thousand Sons geneseed, not about the tactics or the traits of the legion, just of its biological template. Provide the title of the resource if you recall where the fact was written. 

Thousand Sons:

• heightened psychic mutation
  • highly mutagenic
  • Rubic
  • very low success rate at implantation
  • heightened mental faculties
  • detached demeanor

Order of the day. Check the following facts/aspects of the Thousand Sons geneseed. Comment if anything should be added or removed. This is a discussion on the genetic specifics of the Thousand Sons geneseed, not about the tactics or the traits of the legion, just of its biological template. Provide the title of the resource if you recall where the fact was written. 

Thousand Sons:

• heightened psychic mutation (confirmed)
  • highly mutagenic (not after the rubric)
  • Rubic (only for the marines active on planet of the sorcerer at that specific time)
  • very low success rate at implantation (I can't recall them having a lower success rate than anyone else)
  • heightened mental faculties (training, mentality and culture, not as much geneseed...though TS focuses on already learned and studious aspirants to receive it)
  • detached demeanor (a result of the arrogant but correct belief that they are better than everybody else, not geneseed)

Got the sauce for those, Excessus? ;)

I achieved a long awaited goal of mine and managed to find a bits place with a load of TS Thunderwolf heads in. 

As fate would have it, there were 8 rubric heads, so I ordered them all. I think I'm going to go for another squad, at ease, maybe walking forward, bolters at their sides?

I'm also going to try and either get the BA MkIV  chest plate, which looks like the one in the TS Index: Astartes article, or the tactical squad MKVI chest with the cables (times 8). 

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm thinking of caving and getting either Daemon or imperial guard allies for my Thousand sons, Daemon wise I have a lord of change, about 10-16 horrors and some screamers all metal, and some plastic flamers, guard wise I only havea vostroyan officer and a plasma gunner, and was thinking it would be cheap vet squad backfield objective camper with the HQ leman russ, which whilst I would have to buy all of it, would be useful for my non Thousand son forces.
With the poor success implantation rate of the legion, where is the source for this?

Archived