++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Though I am looking to see what bits I can use to Tzeentch up my brutes.  I have a couple left over from DV still on the sprue.  I was thinking of Tzangor head, Rubric head or maybe the armored beak exalted sorcerer head.  Otherwise the Helbrute while able to fill some gaps we need filled seems to not really fit the 1k Sons aesthetic.  But that just my opinion.  The Helbrutes and even dreads I have seen in 1k Son schemes just seem to fall short.

I feel exactly the same. Hellbrutes feel somewhat off aesthetically in an TS army. I did replace the head of the dark vengeance Hellbrute with an scarab occult head. This looks suprisingly good.

I have some question. I am just building Ahriman and I dont really know if I should build him on disc or not. What do you think? I like the mobility but he loses the infantry keyword and therefore is access to the rerolls.

I magnetized the right foot of 9 exalted sorcerors, 1 Ahriman, 10 bases and 10 discs.

I had bought 3 boxes of ES and thought I got a steal on ebay for 6 discs, turned out they were produced from molds and we're rip offs. Good quality rip offs but I still felt dirty when they showed up.

It was a lot simpler than I thought and all 10 are interchangeable on disc or base.

Oh I took 3 lower torsos of Rubrics to use to replace the fart flame sorcerors lower torsos. Bitz were used to cover up happy accidents (Bob Ross fan here). They turned out great.

Did you use one or two magnets? I did two on the exalted and he sticks well (I can lift the model from the sorcerer himself and it holds upside down when holding jsut the base). With only one it was flimsy.

So with the Forgeworld mail confirming that the Sons can take FW units, what are your thoughts on the units?

Personally, I have a Contemptor (TSons model) and a Hellforged Pred w/ Plasmadestroyer and Lascannons. The first one should be pretty good against hordes. I armed him with a Butchercannon, Deathclaw and Heavy Flamer, so he will melt infantry and can threaten vehicles alike. 

I think the Sicaran Battle Tank also looks like the nightmare of any horde army. 

I just so happen to have a Sicaran with triple HB's. That's going to be fun.

Might I suggest the Dreadclaw? Put 10 Rubricae in it and either drop them or rocket them upfield....then the Claw can charge and eat people. The fact that its jets count as a Pistol and hit all units within 6in makes it a nightmare to hordes as well.

So with the Forgeworld mail confirming that the Sons can take FW units, what are your thoughts on the units?

Personally, I have a Contemptor (TSons model) and a Hellforged Pred w/ Plasmadestroyer and Lascannons. The first one should be pretty good against hordes. I armed him with a Butchercannon, Deathclaw and Heavy Flamer, so he will melt infantry and can threaten vehicles alike. 

I think the Sicaran Battle Tank also looks like the nightmare of any horde army. 

Might I suggest the Dreadclaw? Put 10 Rubricae in it and either drop them or rocket them upfield....then the Claw can charge and eat people. The fact that its jets count as a Pistol and hit all units within 6in makes it a nightmare to hordes as well.

You couldnt possibly tease me with the Dreadclaw stats good sir?  My copy of rules are still mid ship.

Arch, if he is on a cork base get cylinder magnets or longer barrel magnets to go through both the cork and the base. The cork and adhesive don't seem to work well but if your magnets goes through your base as well the plastic and maybe green stuff on the bottom hold it firm with super glue.

After 10 I learned the trick is to make sure your magnets are flush even slightly depressed in their mounts. Even a fraction of the magnet sticking out of either mounts will cause your sorceror to spin like he has disco fever. Super annoying. When they are flush in their mounts the other foot sets firmly on the surface holding him in place.

Make sure you drill your holes deep enough.

Even a fraction of the magnet sticking out of either mounts will cause your sorceror to spin like he has disco fever. Super annoying. When they are flush the other foot sets firmly on the surface somewhat holding him in place.

I so want that. Disco Discs... You may have given me a new look for TSons.

You couldnt possibly tease me with the Dreadclaw stats good sir? My copy of rules are still mid ship.

Costs about 8 Lascannons. Moves around the same speed as bikes. Toughness and Attacks equal to a Helbrute. Ten wounds, seven strength. WS 4 plus, CC attacks have neg two AP and two damage. Roll a five plus for each model it kills in CC. Regen a wound for each success. No longer eats passengers and can either start on table or drop pod assault more than 9in from enemy. Jets are basically a 6in Hellhound cannon that hits all units, friend or foe, within range and is Pistol D6.

Planning this as my 8th edition basic list. It is based off needing to buy nothing new to actually run it, but I do need to actually paint up the cultists. What do people think:

**++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [109 PL, 1997pts] ++**

**+ HQ +**

**Daemon Prince with Wings ** Hellforged sword

**Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch ** Blades on Disc of Tzeentch, Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol

**Sorcerer in Terminator Armour ** Combi-flamer, Force axe

**+ Troops +**

**Chaos Cultists :** 19x Chaos Cultist, 2x Flamer, 9x Replace autogun with autopistol and brutal assault weapon
. Cultist Champion: Shotgun

**Rubric Marines ** Replace inferno boltgun with soulreaper cannon
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. Rubric Marine: Inferno boltgun x 9

**Rubric Marines ** Replace inferno boltgun with soulreaper cannon
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. Rubric Marine: Inferno boltgun x 9

**+ Elites +**

**Scarab Occult Terminators ** Hellfyre Missile Rack, Soulreaper Cannon
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave
. Scarab Occult Terminator: Power sword x4

**+ Heavy Support +**

**Defiler ** Reaper autocannon, Twin heavy flamer
**Forgefiend ** 2x Hades autocannons, Ectoplasma cannon

**+ Dedicated Transport +**

**Chaos Rhino ** Combi-bolter;
**Chaos Rhino ** Combi-bolter

So thinking of trying this list between the declawing of scarab occult and vindicators, to give my rubricae some support:

Battallion
Ahriman
Exalted Sorcerer Zarathustra Suicune 

Rubricae squad Bellshazar (Aspiring sorcerer with force sword and warpflame pistol, 6 rubrics with inferno boltguns, 2 with warpflamers and one with soulreaper cannon 

Rubricae Squad Curinir (Aspiring sorcerer with force staff, warpflame pistol, 6 rubrics with inferno boltguns, 2 with warpflamers, one with soulreaper cannon) 

Rubricae Squad Ptolemy (Aspiring sorcerer with Sword, warpflame pistol, 2 Rubricae with warpflamers, 7 with inferno boltguns) 

Super heavy detatchment
Sin of Sargon, Questor Traitoris with Reaper Chainsword, Avenger Gatlin Cannon and melta gun

1498pts
No idea if it would be any good, but facing the list made of up of tacticals with a knight at 1000pts the other day got me wondering if it could be worth trying.

Battallion
Ahriman
Exalted Sorcerer Zarathustra Suicune 

Rubricae squad Bellshazar (Aspiring sorcerer with force sword and warpflame pistol, 6 rubrics with inferno boltguns, 2 with warpflamers and one with soulreaper cannon 273pts

Rubricae Squad Curinir (Aspiring sorcerer with force staff, warpflame pistol, 6 rubrics with inferno boltguns, 2 with warpflamers, one with soulreaper cannon) 275pts

Rubricae Squad Ptolemy (Aspiring sorcerer with Sword, warpflame pistol, 2 Rubricae with warpflamers, 8 with inferno boltguns)  262pts

Chaos Vindicator

Thutmosis, Hellbrute with fist, heavy flamer and heavy bolter 

Tiamat RaHellbrute with twin lascannon and missile launcher 

1491pts
another list I just thought, playing ong the idea of Rubrics supported by armour.
I'm torn on rhinos, the speed they bring is usefull, as is their havok launcher, but at the same tie they cost a lot, and we do have warptime, albeit only one.

I'm going against Astra tonight (I think.. might be someone else's nids)

I am leaning towards Magnus because I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to get tabled otherwise. What I've seen of IG in 8th is pretty nasty actually. I don't know if I can peel enough wounds off of vehicles with Smite. I wanted to include a Landraider in this game which would help against IG but at the end of the day I feel like Magnus would be much better at tank kiling. (I'm finding issues with Hi T vehicles). Our Termies aren't suited for it, and I'm still fielding the Helbrute but what are the main tanks for Astra now? T8? 10+ wounds for Russ's?

AM can be pretty scary with diverse units, weapons and deployment options. Look out for deep striking order taking specialty weapons popping up nearby along with those big guns.

Yea I've heard Tempestus Scions are crazy good now too. 

I tend to use Magnus when I can, but I also have a dreadclaw to get a contemptor stuck into vehicles asap. I recommend it, but then again this suits my army style, with teleporting Scarab Occult, combimelta termies and some quick units for support. If you prefer to get a good firebase going and let the opponent come to you, then the lascannonpred seems like a good choice. But the rapier laser destroyers are even better, IMHO.

Unfortunately being in Canada a lot of the Forgeworld goodies are just incredibly expensive to get here after exchange, duty, etc. I do own a Sicaran, and Fireraptor though. I'd love a Leviathan Dread for just this sort of game (plus re rolling failed Invulns of 1).

I am trying really hard not to use Magnus. I haven't used him in a single game of 8th yet. It's not that I don't like him... quite the opposite, but he feels like an extremely potent model in any list, and I'm trying to be somewhat competitive with ground pounding... the Scarabs, Rubrics, Tzaangors, etc. 

I don't know if a Landraider and "smite" will be enough against the new Astra... lol. Guess I'll find out! (or just cave and plop Magnus in my 2K list!)

Problem being is that "rerolling 1's invuls" only works WITH Magnus, Ahriman and the Exalted are "infantry only" sadly. 

But with Magnus you could make a REALLY mean list. Tzeentch/1k sons Decimators, anything with a daemon inside of it (Forge, mauler, defiler, decimator) and some contemptors / levis / deredeo with Magnus......A walker/daemon engine list with a changeling and Magnus the red.....hilarious and horrific. 

Lots of walkers and big old Magnus. Use Tzaangors to cover base infantry costs and go from there! (Or cultists if you want REALLY cheap)    I am keeping my contemptors with Conversion beamer / claw, and Kheres cannons / Claw.  both falling in the 180 price point range. 

My sicaran is essentially "Predator +1" and costs just under 300 points >_>;  BUt 8 shots, + heavy bolter + 2 las cannons make it deadly to a plethora of targets. 

Archived