==][==Favorite Fluff in the New Codex==][==

Valerian

So, what's your favorite bit of fluff in the new codex?  I'm really pleased with how they kept the vast majority of the background material from the previous codex, but made some subtle changes for those details that many in the fan base had issues with, the first time around.

I really like how the Purifiers were tweaked, and especially appreciated the expanded material on Garran Crowe, and particularly the Black Blade of Antwyr, who's personality was developed pretty well, I think.

I loved the paragraphs on the First War for Armageddon.  It was very cool to discover that at least five Grey Knights, from the handful of survivors of the climactic battle with Angron and his retinue of Bloodthirsters have now assumed significant leadership roles within the Chapter.  I don't think this was in the last book, but I'll have to go back to make sure.

Pages 15-17, that detail the Chapter's organization are terrific.

Other than the big shocker retcon about the Grey Knights' relationship with the Inquisition, there was nothing in the background material that caught me off guard, or that I wasn't pleased with.  Over all, it has been much more palatable than the previous version.

What are your impressions, so far?

Do they mention Hyperion, the protagonist in Emperor's gift? He was one of the survivors from Armageddon. If they do mention him, that'll be the first time they give a nod to BL fluff.

Also, was there any particular bit of fluff that was omitted? Like bathing in battle sister blood to become purer?

Do they mention Hyperion, the protagonist in Emperor's gift? He was one of the survivors from Armageddon. If they do mention him, that'll be the first time they give a nod to BL fluff.

No, Hyperion wasn't mentioned at all, so no tie-in to The Emperor's Gift in the new material that I noticed (other than a little bit on the "fall out" with the Space Wolves in the aftermath).

Also, was there any particular bit of fluff that was omitted? Like bathing in battle sister blood to become purer?

Yes, the bit detailing the battle with the Lord of the Bloodtide doesn't mention anything about sacrificing Sisters of Battle at all. Also, the background material on Draigo ends with him being pulled into the Warp, instead of going through all of the old 5e details of how he's wandering around the Warp crushing everything he runs into. It does say that he's been wandering through the Immaterium and no Daemon or god has been able to defeat him, but that's much more palatable to the reader and fan than the old version that came across as way too over-the-top.

V

Yes, the bit detailing the battle with the Lord of the Bloodtide doesn't mention anything about sacrificing Sisters of Battle at all. Also, the background material on Draigo ends with him being pulled into the Warp, instead of going through all of the old 5e details of how he's wandering around the Warp crushing everything he runs into. It does say that he's been wandering through the Immaterium and no Daemon or god has been able to defeat him, but that's much more palatable to the reader and fan than the old version that came across as way too over-the-top.

AWESOME

Archived