Where to go from here

Sviar

About two years ago I tried to start up a GK force, but it was never completed due to real life involvement and a tournament that required me to expand my SM army to get somewhere in it. I have been meaning to do something about it since then, but never gotten around to it. I was hoping that some kind member here has some suggestion what models to get, to get started again. What I got are: Terminators, GK LR and a old GK Codex.

Sadly I can't get anything this month due to costly car repairments(real life involvement)sad.png, but there is always next monthsmile.png

Terminators of any variety are good to have right now. They're going to be doing a lot of the work in gk lists until we can figure out the power armor guys a little better.

A spiffy terminator could stand in for a brother captain, or if you have a SM Libby in terminator armor, he may be able to take the place of a gk libby depending on your game group.

That would at least get your mandatory FOC requirements taken care of. I would move on with 1-2 dreadknights (min 1, but most lists will pack 2). With their place in the codex, you'd be hard pressed to NOT have one or two in just about any list. They'll give you great mileage.

After at least the one dreadknight, maybe fill in with more termies. I'd be careful with power armor infantry until you see the codex and find out for sure you want some. Their costs, weapon interactions, and survivability really play roles in how much you can get out of them.

Keep the old codex. It helps to remind us of better days....

I'd probably aim to get the following collection;

10x Terminators

Terminator Librarian

30-40 power-armoured Knights (preferably unassembled, that way you can figure out your weapon choices before building them)

2x Dreadknights (no really, they're absurdly good now)

Raven (for countering enemy Flyers and FMC's, plus it transports things into assault)

You won't end up needing much more than that for almost all our lists now. You don't need it all at once (in fact I'd focus on getting TDA over PA models first), but thats what you should aim for. 

Archived