Culuxes Assasin: Making the Psychic Phase meaningless

Gentlemanloser

And hard countering the GK (And Eldar and some Daemons...).

He will become 7th Editions Coteaz.  But worse.  Useable by *every* army, even CtA allies, unlike 6th's Edition Coteaz, who could only be taken by BB/AoC.

I keep thinking of trying to work interesting combo's with our Psychic Powers.  Stern and Hammernators.  Draigo.  Etc.

But why bother?

A Culexes will shut it all down, without fail.  And turn your expensive PML2/3 upgrade into extra shots.

If everyone doesn't include at least one Culexes in thier army, they're doing 7th edition wrong.  I know I'll be using one, possibly two, in every single list I make now.

They are just too good not to.

:(

Haven't purchased the dataslate yet, want to fill us in on why they're OP? biggrin.png

Close combat attacks ignore armour, cause ID on a 6 to wound (or automatically on a Psyker). Psykers within 12" have -3LD, do not generate WC and only harness WC on a 6. Immune to psychic powers and negate all blessings and maledictions on all units within 12". Gun is S5, AP1 and fires 1 shot for every mastery level within 12" of the assassin. All attacks against the assassin are made at BS/WS 1.

Friend as well as Foe.

140 points.

Can take 1 in its own detahcment, as many times as you can afford, so always Battle Forged.

Markerlights can't make Tau shoot it at anything higher than BS1...

WS/BS8, S/T4, I7, A4.

4++ Save.  Not reduced Initiative by charging through terrain.

Fear, Fearless, Infiltrate.

So buy a bunch and then surround them with Purifiers and Libbys and laugh manically as you shoot a bunch of shots at your opponent got it.

Also laugh desperately as your opponent casts Psychic Shriek at your LD5-6 units....

I think the best way to kill him might be assault with lessor units. 10 Strikes will take a long time to kill and hit on a 5+. Probably not worth shooting him though. Charge him with a Dreadnought and go for the instant kill or just tie him up.

Personally I'm loving this model. Eldar, Daemons and other Psychic shenanigan armies will have to rely on other means to win the game which I'm happy to see.

Grey Knights though... I think you can still beat opponents without psychic reliance? Not a Grey Knight expert but there must be ways. ;)

Grey Knights though... I think you can still beat opponents without psychic reliance? Not a Grey Knight expert but there must be ways.

By playing as 'Nilla Marines, with worse options....

Also laugh desperately as your opponent casts Psychic Shriek at your LD5-6 units....

With only 1d6 WC, and harnessing them on a 6+, I'm not too worried.

Especially as we'll be Denying on 4+ usually. ;)

Grey Knights though... I think you can still beat opponents without psychic reliance? Not a Grey Knight expert but there must be ways.

By playing as 'Nilla Marines, with worse options....

With only 1d6 WC, and harnessing them on a 6+, I'm not too worried.

Especially as we'll be Denying on 4+ usually. msn-wink.gif

I would of course be casting that from >12" from the Culexus.

Difficulty when he Infiltrates and Runs (as his shooting is in the Psychic Phase, and still alows him to run normally).

I reckon my turbo-boosting Jetseer can probably just about manage to stay >12" from him :)

Should I jump ahead the meta and rock it with a CC dreadnought ? =P

Lmao that would work! If they weren't so bad haha

I dunno, people have been having some success with podding Ironclads, which coincidentaly happens to synergise with your frontloading RoT, might even plug lessen our anti AV hole.

Hmmm.  I see something like this happening.

Culexes Infiltrates.  Moves and runs first turn.  NDK/Interceptors, RoS, SW Pods drop turn 1 in support.

Enemy Ironclad Pods next ot the Culexes.

Turn 2, Culexes moves & runs away from the Ironclad.  NDK Jumps and charges Ironclad.

Hmmm.  I see something like this happening.

Culexes Infiltrates.  Moves and runs first turn.  NDK/Interceptors, RoS, SW Pods drop turn 1 in support.

Enemy Ironclad Pods next ot the Culexes.

Turn 2, Culexes moves & runs away from the Ironclad.  NDK Jumps and charges Ironclad.

Sorry, i was referring to the GK player taking a ironclad pod to counter the enemy culexus which can also be used as fire support.

Actually, counter-charge the Caulexus with your own Assassin.... The Eversor!!

Seriously, on the charge the Eversor should inflict about 1-2 unsaved wounds and suffer 0 in return... Over a couple of rounds of CC, should be able to take out the remaining 1-2 wounds while keeping your Psykers away from it.

It is a massive ability but I am honestly no convinced it will be as bad as we are speculating.  Delivering him will be the problem.  And even being hit on 6's in shooting, can be killed with 6 wounds.  Prescience on 2 Psycannons and 6 storm bolter shots should yield around 4 hits...  he can be taken out.

The big thing he does is turn off powers.  In order to project that bubble he needs a transport, otherwise he is not that fast. 

I think good players will play around him with a good movement phase...

Unless he has that "I pop up 1 inch away," rule.  Does he?

Archived