Can you combine formations?

Sir_Isenhar

So here is my question..

Can a formation that consists of transports be embarked by another formation that is on foot?

A staff at GW told me you cant but he didnt have time to explain and as I am away from home dont have access to my rulebook..

What say thee?

Formations are just a special type of Detachment. You can embark troops from one in transports from another if they're of the same Faction or Battle Brothers.

You're not really "combining" them. They're still separate Detachments, and units can only belong to one Detachment at a time, only benefitting from the special rules that apply to that Detachment.

So here is my question..

Can a formation that consists of transports be embarked by another formation that is on foot?

A staff at GW told me you cant but he didnt have time to explain and as I am away from home dont have access to my rulebook..

What say thee?

This isn't combining Formations, this is one Formation Embarking on another. So long as they are Battle Brothers, they are fine.

As to the titular question, no, you cannot combine Formations. Formations are Detachments, and models can only belong to one Detachment.

Archived