Countering 40k Daemons

Russ Brother 92

Hi All,

I'm due to play a 1500pt game next week vs a 40k Nurgle-based Daemons list, I will be using my terminator based heresy list - I am wondering what the bed tactics are to face this thing?

I have 2 Contemptors playing support (1 Las mortis and 1 conversion beamer) plus the Termies themselves (20 cataphractii) - my legion of choice is Iron Hands and whilst pricey I will be running it with a praetor.

Thanks.

High str shots (with bad AP to get more shots per point) & a lot of both shots and bodies. They might also struggle against vehicles and air. Seem quite the opposite of what you got :-)

Indeed I am rather heavy on the mid-str low-ap side of things and a bit worried that due to potentially only having 2 squads on the field I may get bogged down a lot - I could use my 40k SWs as tacticals and will probs see about using the heavy bolters for more long-range shots.

Pretty much all out where vehicles are concerned atm - saving to pick up 6 Spartans for my eventual final force.

You can't just throw a knight in a HH force like you can in 40k. First off, it's actually a LoW in 30k. Secondly, only mechanicum can bring one currently, so he'd have to ally. Thirdly, the HH books state that you can't bring LoW under 2000.

Its been a while since I check the rules, so I maybe mistaking it for something else. The point was that it is a lot more complicated to include a knight in 30k. Especially for games under 2000 points.

I just went in with 2 10 man cataphractii squads, 5 ML HS guys, both Contemptors (one single kheres, the other dual lascannon), MoS and my praetor - in truth it went really well - the MoS was ace (that orbital devastated his chaos lord's squad in one hit), the Contemptors held one board edge alone and the cataphractii did it's stuff due to the number of fours I rolled :D

Only thing I'd change a lot would be in having some anti-psychic and some more long range low strength high shots units (heavy bolters, volkites and autocannons) to punch through the invul saves inherent to daemons.

• 1 month later...

Archived