Noise Marine Kakophoni Bands

AJB2K3

Q1, I have a few noise marines with the old Kakophoni Backpacks (ones with speakers in them).
I want to finish the squad up to 10 men but don't see the parts on ebay.

I haven't got the skill or equipment to make my own packs and was wondering where I could find some?

Q2, How does one go about painting these things? I'm at a loss for paint schemes.

Q3, I also need 3 more weapons. apart from the standard blaster/blastmaster FC weapons, what others are easy to make?

Q1. Good luck. Those are really Noise Marine backpacks as only Forge World have made Kakophoni models. But those backpacks rarely come up.

Q2. My personal favourite subject. For me a Slaanesh army wouldn't be held by the usual army painting rules of find a scheme and repeat to death. And Noise Marines even more so. The only colours I'd avoid are dull shades and browns. Everything else is in. And in any combination you can think up. If people post that your models make their eyes bleed then you're doing it right.

Q3. You need to decide the roll of the squad. If it has a blastmaster then keep it as a small squad with bolters and maybe a power weapon on the champ. Big squad with a Doom Siren champion, throw in some close combat weapons.

Recently I've been wracking my brains over a colour scheme for my NM and I think Forte has finally covinced me to just go wild. The temptation to 'find a scheme' -after years of loyalist marines and IG- is difficult to shrug.

When you say 'old kakophani' you mean old 'in universe' (i.e. The FW Kakophani) or the old metal Noise Marines? I only ask as they too had speakers atop their backpacks.

The FW Kakophoni only have standard MkV backpacks so it's the old GW metals I'm guessing. Unless it's the one with loads of pipes with faces on? That's a Doom Siren ;)

Another idea for the shoulder pads is to cut the vents off some spare PA backpacks (who doesn't have some spare?) and stick them into the shoulder pads. Carefully cut the vent part off from the ball. Just the vent and ring.

Can always add some wire snaking across the pads too.

Some finds that may be of interest to you guys.

Spellcrows Pleasure Legions - http://www.spellcrow.com/pleasure-legions-c-9_43.html

Mixmini Sonic Weapons - http://maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/ballistic-weapons/sonic-guns-bits

I've ordered the sonic weapons from both Maxmini and storm crow so hopefully they will turn up in time for my time off!

Archived