Perfection and Glory - Full Army Shot!

Rangaman

From what I saw, people either had no air or their whole force was air, so one guy had 3 Fire Raptors, 2 Stormeagles and a Xiphon while most others had nothing. So either way, one Deredeo just wouldn't cut it.

Just washed up the Falchion parts, its a big tank that's for sure!

gallery_81212_9961_507533.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_844697.jpg

And I made a start on the next Cerastus, a Castigator:

gallery_81212_9961_1394322.jpg

Pretty much the same for me too, 6x9 with my drums, gym gear and model stuff plus my tool trolley and at the moment my lawnmower I'm cleaning up and an unassembled BBQ I need to get around to...still, it's a great place to get away to

• 4 weeks later...

I've missed updating this log for the last month or so, in that time I have finished assembling the Falchion, added a pair of Deimos Vindicators and based/primed the Cerastus Knights. Today I basecoated these five so I can get them painted over the Christmas/New Years holiday.

gallery_81212_9961_572740.jpg

I received my Fulgrim and some Pheonix Terminators last week aswell so now I have even more incentive to finish up what I am working on to get onto my next list...

+++ Fulgrim, Terminators and Jetbikes (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v42) (2500pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Legion Centurion (135pts) [sonic Shrieker, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Thunderhammer]

Consul [Chaplain]

+ Elites (1050pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (325pts) [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 2x Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (325pts) [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 2x Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Power Fist]

Phoenix Terminator Squad (400pts) [7x Phoenix Terminators, Sonic Shriekers] [Phoenix Champion]

+ Troops (550pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (275pts) [sky Hunter Sergeant, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters, 2x Volkite Culverin]

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (275pts) [sky Hunter Sergeant, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters, 2x Volkite Culverin]

+ Fast Attack (150pts) +

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (75pts)

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [2x Hunter-killer Missiles, Multi-melta]

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (75pts)

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [2x Hunter-killer Missiles, Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (235pts) +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw (235pts)

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ III: Emperor's Children, Traitor]

Rite of War [sky Hunter Phalanx]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization

Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

+ Lords of War (380pts) +

Fulgrim the Illuminator (380pts) [Fireblade]

Created with BattleScribe

Thanks for looking! biggrin.png

Very close to finishing my vow now, just need oils. I just want to point out that none of my Knights will be truly finished as I am still waiting on FW to release House Ærthegn transfers, when they finally get released I will go back and apply them to all the Knights, weather them and matte varnish again.

gallery_81212_9961_1245695.jpg

Those red and black stripes are awesome! As is the Falchion.

Thanks man!

Vow complete! One Cerastus Knight-Lancer finished and the Castigator and Acheron chassis are finished.

gallery_81212_9961_725342.jpg

My January vow will be the two sets of armour panels for these two Knights and possibly the assembly of the Atrapos.

I figured I would get everything I completed in 2016 out for a photo, I must say I am very pleased with my efforts and hope to maintain or even improve the pace this year with a new army, and some additions to the SoH as I feel.

Please excuse the awful quality, it was very hard to find a room with adequate lighting given how much space these guys took up!

gallery_81212_9961_1187525.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_954751.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_200444.jpg

Last year I finally set out into the local gaming scene, something I had never done before. What I found was a great bunch of friendly guys, who enjoyed taking the time to teach a noob the ways of 30k, the core rules and even get me into a local tournament where I met even more players, got to show off my army and best of all gave me a deadline to complete new portions of my Armoured Spearhead army. Here's hoping this year is just as eventful, I have more plans to expand sections of the SoH, namely being some Mortis Dreadnoughts, possibly rounding out my Predator/Vindicator squadrons with Command tanks, maybe adding an Outrider squad (after Depthcharge pointed out they benefit form legion rules) and finishing off my Falchion, starting my Emperor's Children proper after toying around with some stuff last year and finishing my House Ærthegn knight army which will see an Atrapos and converted Magaera with the possible addition of the new Porphyrion if the Finance Overlord approves.

Thanks for looking biggrin.png

Thanks Idomeneus, I really appreciate the kind comments smile.png

Just thought I would throw up some pictures of my current projects, finishing off the Cerastus armour panels for the Castigator and Acheron, I have a pair of Vindicators ready for decals and weathering, and the Falchion has the striping down so far...

gallery_81212_9961_1414309.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_575942.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_35948.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Legio Draconis: Thanks mate! As much as I love the Knights...I can't wait to be finally done with them tongue.png

So I have been plodding along with the Vindicator pair and Falchion which are both nearly complete, just needing oils and mud on the tracks to finish them off. I also got on to the FW Dozer Blades for the Vindicators and the Atrapos' armour set.

gallery_81212_9961_869804.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1134314.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1435078.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1157514.jpg

The plan is to get the tanks finished up this weekend for a game next Tuesday (minus the mud as that takes a little while to dry properly), finish up the Atrapos' armour this week as well and then get onto the Knight chassis. I am trying to think of ways to differentiate his armour from the usual black and red with stripes since he is the Warbands Chieftain and I would like him to be a little more unique....thoughts?

Really liking the look of your Sons Of Horus, i've only had a look through the last few pages of your log but they look like a really nice collection, I hadn't realised the Forge World knights where that poseable either, they look mint!

Thanks mate, the Cerastus Knights are super poseable...basically a super sized Contemptor

Archived