Perfection and Glory - Full Army Shot!

Rangaman

Aaagh that black and red scheme! Still digging it. :D

I am really happy with how they look together now too! When it was just the Cerastus-Styrix I wasn't 100% sold on the scheme and how the other Knights would come together but overall they are each unique AND uniform at the same time.

Great work with the masking tape on the knights. I only just got some of that and am really thinking about going back over my knight castigator with them. Popping off the armour and starting again.

Yea its definitely an easy way to break up the large sections on the Knight armour and provides some nice contrast, give it a shot man.

Well, last night wasn't too entertaining...my opponent didn't show up so I was left with a table and battlefield setup and nothing to do on it, so I decided to take some pics of the full army in its current state. Now that the last of my tanks are at the same stage as everything else, I will be going back over them all (and infantry) with rust/grime/streaking before spraying it all with matte clear (you will notice the army still has a satin sheen to it, something that I am not super happy about)...once that is done, everything will get a liberal weathering with powders before I call it a day and move on to the next project: Emperor's Children!

gallery_81212_9961_735838.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1610645.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_867489.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_246610.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_226356.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_740140.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1153338.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_298288.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_412294.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dang man!!! Yer army is baller!!

The paint jobs are sweet and tight across the board. If I could, the vehicles are very uniform and I am looking forward to seeing the weathered versions- perhaps a contrasting color splash along with the black??

Dang man!!! Yer army is baller!!

The paint jobs are sweet and tight across the board. If I could, the vehicles are very uniform and I am looking forward to seeing the weathered versions- perhaps a contrasting color splash along with the black??

Thanks man, I can't wait to play around with some more weathering effects...will probably look slightly less worn then your Fists, I'll be adding in a muted orange/rust selectively to add a little depth and realism to the tanks.

Sat down and watched The Martian last night while I prepped all the parts for the Atrapos, its a great movie! I've assembled him in a less action pose because he is the Cheiftain and I wanted to make him look more menacing then just a standard point-and-shoot stance, let me know what you think!

gallery_81212_9961_419596.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_60151.jpg

Long weekend almost over and I am quite happy with my progress, my initial goal was to get all the base colours and highlights done on the Knight chassis and armour panels...I went a bit further and weathered and sealed them as well. I might go ahead and do some oils tonight if I get time!

gallery_81212_9961_350189.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_874574.jpg

And that brings me to the next Knight, which admittedly is a new issue...I ordered doubles of the Acheron so I had spare weapons/head and so I could use the main chassis with a Magaera kit...problem is, and I didn't realize until I got round to actually working on my Acheron, the chainblade arm has a few extra pistons and stuff that will affect the build. So, not sure what to make of that just yet. I could chop it up, but right now I am thinking that the Magaera is such a lackluster Knight that maybe I could goof around and make a standard Knight on the chassis, that will be something I need to look into as I have no idea about the GW Knights or their rules/weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the last week doing the final additions to the Armoured spearhead, grime/streaks and rust etc before a final matt clear to finish off. I used Vallejo Matt Varnish through my airbrush, and at first I was not happy, the varnish has a slight frost to it which after researching on the web, is a huge problem of this particular product. I went a bit heavier and managed to eliminate the frost, and after sitting on the finished Sicaran for a few days, I am very happy with the end result. The best part is the varnish has helped in desaturating the turquoise so it looks a little less blue.

Here is a comparison of the final tank and a pre-matt Predator:

gallery_81212_9961_473141.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_749284.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks man, I've had this problem from the start. In real life they don't look blue at all but wheb I take a photo thats all that stands out, I'll have to take a photo next to some Ultramarines to really show how green they are!

Looking great as always! I completely understand the whole blue thing!!! FW's SoH green comes off blue on camera so you have to be sensitive to camera angles and lighting. Probably why I prefer to lean towards the Lupercal green :D

I always love the Falchion in FW colors too man. I think if you try to do a zenithial highlight of the bluish/green over a darker base green, it might alleviate that effect ;)

Look forward to more! Send bat reps!

The green turning blue in photos is a complete mystery...

I have actually done the zenithal highlight with a lighter green with some metallic in it, it definitely gets lost though after filters amd weathering arw added though.

Just waiting on some more Matte clear so I can finish everything else off, so in the mean time as a break I am making a start on two 5 man Emperor's Children Terminator squads...

I have a 3k game against a mates Salamanders with Vulkan next week so that should be fun, and next month I will be rolling Maloghursts Armoured Spearhead out for a 2.5k "tournament" which sadly I have learnt will be dominated by quite a few Custode armies :(

One list will be Valdor, I am shaking my little boots trying to work out how to deal with them...hears hoping I don't actually get paired off against any of those lists. Either way, I don't think I can muster any more High strength/Low AP weaponry then I already have.

By my count I have:

16 Lascannon shots (half of which are TL)

1 Orbital Strike (which usually counts for nothing)

2 Demolisher cannons

2 Plasma Destroyers (which always bring the pain)

1 Accelerator Autocannon (hopefully spells doom for any skimmers)

1 Volcano cannon

+ Sniper Vets who have done great things for me so many times now...

Oh and Maloghurst, who is arguably the BEST swordsmen in the entire galaxy!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments fellas, got the player pack for the tourney and it looks like we are going to be ignoring the grenade FAQ too...so my tanks may be in for a hell of a time!

Recently got started on my next project...'The Phoenix Guard'. I was inspired by the blurb in the Phoenix Terminators unit entry that stated that not all members of the Guard deployed as the stereotypical Tartaros and Phoenix Spear unit, with some taking to lightning strikes mounted on Jetbikes etc. Following this cue, and the fact that the Phoenix Terminators don't have any guns at all, I have gone ahead and made two 5man squads with Powerfists, a couple of Chainfists and all with Combi-plasma. I have also got a 10man Phoenix Terminator squad ready and two characters, a Praetor who is the 'Captain of the Guard'/Lord Commander outside the structure of the IIIrd Legion and a Chaplain who will take the role of a leader amongst the Brotherhood of the Phoenix.

gallery_81212_9961_266402.jpg

Also in the works is a pair of Contemptors for ZM games (one with Plasma Cannon, Powerfist and Blaster, the other with Multimelta, Chainfist and Meltagun) and Fulgrim himself.

After that will be the speeder contingent of the Phoenix Guard consisting of two 6man Jetbike squads and a pair of Javelins...and after that is a pair of Dreadclaws and a Kharybdis.

Thanks for looking!

Awesome work, dude! They're looking great.

One thing on the Phoenix Guard. I was under the impression that while not all Phoenix Guard wear Tartaros Terminator armour, they are all armed with power spears (it's their symbol of office). Of course I could be entirely wrong :P

Archived