Perfection and Glory - Full Army Shot!

Rangaman

Progress on the Mk. IV Dread...

gallery_81212_9961_1424260.jpg

I am also increasing my pledge as I now feel comfortable with my pace...

PLEDGE 2 (Emperor's Children)

10man Veteran Combat/volkite squad
2 Apothecaries
Legion Champion
Cerastus-Knight Styrix

gallery_81212_9961_1444127.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_454310.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_339522.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_62270.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_506941.jpg

Wish me luck!

This week was very unproductive on the hobby front, hopefully this weekend (or atleast Sunday) will see an improvement. Have the Dread ready for oils and started the basecoating on the Knight. I hope to steamroll these two over so I can get started on the IIIrd, I just signed up for an escalation campaign and I don't have any competitive units for my SoHs at this stage so I will be taking the Third with Knight allies.

gallery_81212_9961_891282.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_196212.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_19579.jpg

XVIth Legion, 32nd Company
Entombed Asterah Issox

Records indicate that for over a decade Asterah Issox was attached to the 203rd Expedition fleet in a Legatus position serving to strengthen the bonds of Inter-Legion relations, under the command of the Primarch Angron. During his stay he adopted a brutal, almost blood-raged method of warfare which saw his reputation spread beyond his own legion. On his return to the XVIth, it was this trait that saw him separated from his Despoiler squad during the climatic assault upon the Nephilim of Melchior, his body broken and shattered. It was the Primarch Horus himself who decreed that Asterah be saved, his battle fury was the very essence of what it meant to be of the XVIth. His rage now tempered by the cold peace of the Sarcophagus, Asterah became a valued member of the 32nd Company. However, this rage was unlocked entirely with the betrayal on Istvaan III, his murderous intent inflicted upon former Sons of Horus and World Eater brothers alike.

gallery_81212_9961_1026088.jpg

Contained within the heavily armoured MkIV Mars-pattern Dreadnought, Asterah Issox favoured the use of his Maxima-pattern Multi-melta and modified heavy chainsword, promptly destroying infantry and armour alike.

gallery_81212_9961_709693.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_674186.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1640425.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1901330.jpg

And that is my first three units for L&T!

EDIT: Just realized I never painted any of the lenses on the arms or torso...

I will be playing in an Escalation Campaign at a local gaming club starting at the end of February. The first game will be a victory is Vengeance match with 150 points for Heroes and 200 points for the war band. Currently, using what I have painted, I intend to take:

Consul
-Power fist
-Power sword
-AA
=95pts

Veteran Sgt
-Power fist
-Melta bombs
-AA

=55pts

Legion Dreadnought
-Multimelta
-CCW
=125pts

Seekers x 5
-Banestrike shells
=75pts

I don't have very much, if any, experience playing the game. Hopefully with the smaller size I will be able to get the hang of it. Here is a photo of the war band that will start me off...

gallery_81212_9961_1853905.jpg

Just took the time to read through your thread, and it was time well spent! I like the mix of children and SOH loyalists, should make for an interesting finished army mix. 

I think my fav so far are the children that are yet to be painted. That axe guy in the mk3 looks awesome! Edit* I take that back. They're all friggin sweet. The dude with the red scorpions helmet and the palatine sword is my new fav. I may actually steal that pose and modify it for a future fist if thats all right with you.

DimDim

Just worked out how to multiquote...

Superb stuff man!!!

I might have to steal that sgt power fist with the Eye on it idea ;)

Thanks mate! Steal away!!!

Your III Legion returns! Now that's what I want to see! :tu:

Yeah i am really keen to get back into the third, once i have this lot done i will probably go back and redo my first ten...

Liking the dreads; very characterful!

Thanks, i really like my models to tell a story...even if its just chopping World Eaters!

Just took the time to read through your thread, and it was time well spent! I like the mix of children and SOH loyalists, should make for an interesting finished army mix. 

I think my fav so far are the children that are yet to be painted. That axe guy in the mk3 looks awesome! Edit* I take that back. They're all friggin sweet. The dude with the red scorpions helmet and the palatine sword is my new fav. I may actually steal that pose and modify it for a future fist if thats all right with you.

DimDim

Thanks bud! I am glad to have entertained you, i really dig the look and feel of the Vets aswell. I wanted every warrior to be individual but still part of the whole.

Awesome work! 

Curious, where is the chaplain's head from?

Thanks mate! The head is from one of the old pewter chaplains, i hacked his head off with a saw!

Never thought of using the FW Mk. IV Dreadnought, but after seeing yours I'm pretty tempted. Great job!

Cheers man! Yeah i thought it would fit in great with my original plan for the Sons a few years back, heavily armoured, still techy and very unornamented (if that is even a word)

Spent a few hours today working on the Knight chassis. At this stage he is decal ready, then I can give him some weathering. I don't imagine the armour plates will take long to finish after that.

gallery_81212_9961_157760.jpg

Decals and weathering applied, I also decided to paint a red stripe on his left knee because it looked odd having two different colours before. Oh, and his bro in the background!

gallery_81212_9961_14898.jpg

Do you have another view of the Knight on the side with the jetbike? Is it grabbing it or swatting it away?

The idea is that he has just been attacked by a Jetbike squadron so he has lent to the side, fired his Volkite chevrothingy while dodging melta beams and then come back in with a sideswipe. I am saving all the good views for when he is finished which won't be very long. I'm confident I can get him finished tonight or Saturday morning!

gallery_81212_9961_19761.jpg

"House Ærthegn"
Wrækon Dreor
The Dvar Mævex enclave

From an observer's perspective "House Ærthegn" appeared as a unified whole, a savage more primal iteration of the noble Knight houses. Unbeknownst to the wider Imperium, House Ærthegn, otherwise called the Wrækon Dreor, was formed from several factions or enclaves of reavers, constantly vying for supremacy through strength of arms and the direct favour of the Warmaster. Whilst few in number, some enclaves saw the subjugation of themselves and their brother-enclaves by the Warmaster for what it was; the relinquishment of their own strength, thus making all who keeled over weak...

gallery_81212_9961_121952.jpg

Hrakval Talus, Cerastus-Styrix pilot

Deeply respected and rightly feared alike, Hrakval has piloted his Styrix under the banner of the Imperium, the Warmaster and now for his own enclave. Considered to be as bloodthirsty and malignant as the Machine-spirit of his Knight-titan, Hrakval has earnt his reputation on countless battlefields, seeking out massed infantry to engage when he can...

gallery_81212_9961_800314.jpg

These picts are taken during an engagement against traitor XVIth Legion forces in the Coronid Deeps. Sometime prior to the outbreak of the Heresy, the Dvar Mævex ceased all contact with delegates of the Warmaster, from both his own legion and the Mechanicum of Cyclothrathe. They reemerged during the Civil War claiming a deadly tally of Knight kills, including those of their former House, resulting in an increased military presence from both sides with the intent to destroy the marauders.

gallery_81212_9961_356184.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_332172.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_261555.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_566615.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Knight done! Slowed up a bit on him, felt like I was losing traction, probably because of the size of the job..but he is done now! I think my camera is getting worse too...

Looking goed, nice clean lines. Would be nice to see some transfers/markings on the shoulder plates to break things up a bit

Yea i agree, still waiting on FW to do House Aerthegn decals.

Wow, that looks great. Now that I see it from other angles, you perfectly captured the "swat". It really tells the story you intended it to, even without all the extra jetbikes attacking him.

Thanks mate! I am really happy with how it came together.

Incredibly dynamic, great work

Thanks!

While I really do like the Knight I think the jetbike takes away from the over all effect. I'd remove him from it altogether to be honest.

Sadly if i removed the jetbike then i would be left with an oddly posed Knight :p

gallery_81212_9961_5127.jpg

The Dvar Mævex enclave
Hrakval Talus, Cerastus-Styrix pilot

gallery_81212_9961_1186668.jpg

Although considered to be one of the most bloodthirsty Knight pilots within the conclave, Talus is fiercely capable of fighting outside of the armoured cockpit of his Cerastus-knight Styrix, favouring his hand crafted Lasgun and the sharp edge of his blade collection for trophy taking...

gallery_81212_9961_1433067.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_131786.jpg

Using the small amount of time I had at my disposal this week, I threw some paint on this guy. I figured a pilot of a marauder group with access to knights would look similarly brutal, think Reavers from Firefly. I plan to do a small pirate/reaver group in the future aswell as pilots for each of the forthcoming Knights...

Archived