2500pt Raven Guard

Fire Golem

Yep sorted :) thank you. I did manage to get a contemptor in but I had to get rid of the Moritat guy and the Javelin, so I'll stick with the Primus Medicae. I just wanted to use the upcoming RG contemptor in all it's awesomenesssss.

I knowwwwwwwww.... Might make a ZM RG force fitted for installation infiltration less Raven Force One "suddenly Planes" in addition to it, just so I can have RG contemptors.

Good plan brother, I was so shocked by how good it looks painted after seeing the underwhelming unpainted photos of it!

I've just thought, at the moment in my list, Alvarex Maun starts off on the battlefield on his own, is it worth getting him his own drop pod, or should I start him off with the Mor Deythan, or what? :)

Also, the RG RoW says I can only take one consul, does Moritat Prime Kaedes Nex count as one? There's no mention of consul in his special rules, but normal moritats are a consul.

AFAIK, special Characters don't count towards that limit, which is a way for FW incentivising you to take them in a list. To start, you'll have your terminators on the board and if you go with the List that has the Mor Deythan in the Darkwing vs the list with the Fire Raptor, I'd start him off inside it for a guaranteed entry by turn 2. 

The only time I'd strongly consider starting Alvarex on the board (in heavy cover, out of LoS and surrounded by the terminators) would be if your facing an Alpha Strike list. That way you have a very good chance of seizing the initiative and countering his attempt at turn 1 devastation or at least severely hampering it.

Though if you go second, it'd let you better prep for a counter-attack with your reserves. You'd just have to make sure that his strato-vox bubble is where it needs to be and make sure he can't get instagibbed when your opponent starts turn 2. If you can do that, your drop pods + Dark Furies + Fire Raptor (since the Mor Deythan in this variant can't deep strike in) should be more or less guaranteed entry and be able to bring the pain where needed.

Also as an aside, consider giving your mor deythan magnetized arms for different loadouts : Snipers for when they don't deepstrike in, Combi-Weapons (plasma is the best option unless its a horde army, then its flamer. Melta in 30k is rather worthless but if your against a 40k army worth it) when they deploy via Dark Wing so that they can get the drop on whatever high value target you've got and promptly destroy it.

Honestly, keep both lists. The only thing that changes in either is : where Alvarex and the Mor Deythan start + what your gunship loadout is. Gives you decent variation of play style and more options to deal with your opponent.

Fire Raptor: he's in cover and out of line of sight while being as close to the enemy as possible so that turn 2 you can near-guarantee a Fire Raptor all up in their grill along side 1-3 drop pods.

Darkwing : Combi Mor Deythen + Alvarex inside for guaranteed entry on turn 2 (no roll needed if he's aboard) and potentially hold off your drop pods. With this you'll want to unload the passengers in a position where they aren't readily killed, far enough ahead of the rest of your forces and with his 18" bubble as close to the enemy as possible for a turn 3 Drop Pod drop. Though this WILL change on a game per game basis.

Archived