Official rules

markham82

Hi guys

I'm wondering if it would be possible to somehow mark rules discussions that have been resolved. That question probably show how recent a member I am.

For more clarity I'm talking about those threads that turn into "I'm right because I'm not willing to acknowledge anything you say", you know those ones that turn into a two man argument and if a third person says something they both jump on the new guy.

Perhaps the mods in charge could change the red dot to green(or add one next to the red dot) and highlight the "final decision".

The reason why I'm asking is that it can get confusing to read through five pages of arguing( especially when the guys don't check their spelling). I actually once got a headache reading through a discussion. Also you don't always have the time available to read the whole thing.

Thanks guys

Although I rarely venture into the O.R. Forum, I have experienced the same issue, the solution that springs to mind is a MOD maintained, locked sticky that has an Index of the rules resolutions that come from the queries. I'll grab the attention of the O.R. Mods and point them in this direction.

Cheers,

Jono

It's been considered before. Although the big disputes rarely get fully solved.

What might work is a summary topic with links to the topics concerning certain questions.

Although the search feature does much the same job.

We'll consider it "in house" and try to see what's achievable. Especially as it'll require some effort to put it all together.

As an update, I've been putting some effort into it.

The basic structure is coming along, as are the various sections of content.

If we can get it completed, and it's of acceptable quality, then it'll appear as a new sticky topic.

We'll see how it goes...

- - - - -

Update - it's done and now pinned to the OR forum.

Feel free to check it out.

Archived