Gunslinger Grey Hunters?

MeatGrinder

So if Im reading the codex correctly, if I trade a grey hunter's bolter for a plasma pistol, I will get an extra attack and an extra shot from the bolt pistol? Therefore I won't have to pay for the close combat weapon for him?

Yes, at 33 points a model though.

It would be cool, as gunslinger get always is, but such an expensive unit.

Wow that would be brutal imagine that many plasma shots. With a wolf priest so you don't have to worry about gets hot to much. Expensive but a fun idea.

Remember this is Grey Hunters we're talking guys, not Wolf Guard--i.e., not 33pts a model and only the option for one PP per squad.

Yes, at 33 points a model though.

It would be cool, as gunslinger get always is, but such an expensive unit.

Wow that would be brutal imagine that many plasma shots. With a wolf priest so you don't have to worry about gets hot to much. Expensive but a fun idea.

Remember this is Grey Hunters we're talking guys, not Wolf Guard--i.e., not 33pts a model and only the option for one PP per squad.

Though on that point, wolfguard gunslingers!!!!!! Cool-factor reinstated :D (albeit at a higher price, but hell who can put a price on fun). Imagine the thunderstrike explosive arrival, or better still 15 of these crazy gun toting b@#!ards jumping out of a LR with a wolf priest in tow, and melting faces before they charge in.

Though on that point, wolfguard gunslingers!!!!!! Cool-factor reinstated biggrin.png (albeit at a higher price, but hell who can put a price on fun). Imagine the thunderstrike explosive arrival, or better still 15 of these crazy gun toting b@#!ards jumping out of a LR with a wolf priest in tow, and melting faces before they charge in.

They're awesome, it's just a damn shame they're so expensive otherwise they'd see a lot more use in my lists. I have 3 Gunslinger WG modeled up that I sometimes run as Lone Wolves when I have points to spare--ever since one of them shot a Blood Angels Dreadnought right through the sarcophagus and exploded it I have always had a soft spot for them.

Still, if it's cool factor you're after you can always model your Grey Hunters dual-wielding a Bolter in one hand and a Bolt Pistol in the other, I have a few of them spattered in my force and I always thought they looked pretty slick :)

They're awesome, it's just a damn shame they're so expensive otherwise they'd see a lot more use in my lists. I have 3 Gunslinger WG modeled up that I sometimes run as Lone Wolves when I have points to spare--ever since one of them shot a Blood Angels Dreadnought right through the sarcophagus and exploded it I have always had a soft spot for them.

yeah i used to do the same thing...lone wolf 2xp.pistol, and motw. One of my favourite models is my wolf guard/lone wolf gunslinger...maybe ill look into that cypher dataslate as a 'counts as'... biggrin.png

Though on that point, wolfguard gunslingers!!!!!! Cool-factor reinstated biggrin.png (albeit at a higher price, but hell who can put a price on fun). Imagine the thunderstrike explosive arrival, or better still 15 of these crazy gun toting b@#!ards jumping out of a LR with a wolf priest in tow, and melting faces before they charge in.

doubt there'd be much left to charge after 15 pref enemy plasma shots biggrin.png

edit - or sorry..30 plasma shots if you can give them twin p.pistol !!! biggrin.png biggrin.png

doubt there'd be much left to charge after 15 pref enemy plasma shots  :D

edit - or sorry..30 plasma shots if you can give them twin p.pistol !!! :D :D

I do this with my DIY Marines Command Squad: gunslinger plasma and grav pistols with Cypher.... it's technically (fluffily) his personal command squad. Such a power output is hilarious if not wickedly expensive.

Still, if it's cool factor you're after you can always model your Grey Hunters dual-wielding a Bolter in one hand and a Bolt Pistol in the other, I have a few of them spattered in my force and I always thought they looked pretty slick smile.png

Aye same here, back when they had all the gear I modelled a variety just to make them look individual. Sadly now (excluding the CCW upgrade) they are the only legal GH models I own **shakes fist** - "damn you GW!"

Archived