Sanguinary Preist + Terminators

FishFuzz99

If you are running a SP with a squad of Assault Terminators, do you guys like to give the SP terminator armor as well? While I think that would be cool and fluffy, from a tactical perspective I am not so sure.

Since you have all the terminators to tank shots, and the sergeant to take challenges if it comes to that, is it worth the points for the TDA?

Personally; I do Corbs+5 TH/SS (2+ FNP/2W/single reroll/2+ LoS is best thing our book has), but still risking a lot once "Storm-Raven Down"  as corbs might get killed.

On the other hand, I have good experience with TDA-Axe Priest (riding in SR,  however it is pricey as you are 20p away from Corbs ), he still can LoS anything you are not comfortable 5++ing. 

May as well take corbs if you're going to pay for a TDA priest. For the extra points it's a massive difference. Corbs can tank a hell of a lot, even AP2 so long as S7 or less. Plus his re-roll can be a game-changer also, it often is for me.

I ran Brother Corbulo tonight with my Assault Termies. Things didn't go exactly according to plan as he blew up my land raider turn two before I could get out, however the Terminators did pretty well even with me butchering Corbulo's placement. I forgot his reroll too D=.

If you go with LR (LRC/LRR) I would suggest either to go with ;

4 TH/SS - 1 LC, Corbs, Chappy with fist - this offers you very nice challenge power with some nice re-roll (to hit) options

~OR~

5 TH/SS, TDA/SS ML3 Libby, Corbs - even more tankier with even more options ( Bio vs. Tele-tubhie) ,as nothing says "Shoot me!" like iron armed libby with TH/SS :). However be prepared for lot of attention moreover quite a steep price 

Overall, I would go with TDA priest only if you need those 20p elsewhere.

TDA priest makes sense anytime you spend the points on 10 terminators. The FNP helps againt plasma for models without storm shields. 10 stormbolters walking across the table with a 5++/5+FNP needs a lot of S8 AP2 sitting that's just not out there unless you play dark eldar a bunch. And you go from ignoring only 1/3 of plasma to just over half, which is great.

Archived