Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

750 Grey Knights

750 Grey Knights

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

TheKlier

TheKlier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Hello guys, i'm kind new to warhammer 40k and i was wondering if you could help me get the best list for 750 points. Feel free to rip it apart so maximize the best strategy overall. I can be playing vs space wolfs, necrons, chaos space marines and orks most of the times.

Hq

Librarian - 165 pts

• Mastery Level 3
  • Storm Bolter
  • Domina Liber Deamonia

Troops

x5 - Terminator Squad - 207 pts

• x1 Nemesis Deamon Hammer
  • x2 Nemesis Force Halberd
  • x2 Nemesis Falchions
  • x1 Psyconnon

Elites

x5 - Purifier Squad - 152 pts

• x1 Nemesis Force Halberd
  • x1 Pyscannon

Fast Attack

x5 - Intercepter Squad - 151 pts

• x3 Nemesis Force Halberd
  • x1 Incenerator

Razorback - 75 pts

• Lascannon and Twin-linked plasma gun

Total = 750pts

Toldavf

Toldavf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 250 posts

add a dreadknight?

Psycannons were over powered, what your going through is what chaos went through after they lost the 4th edition book.

TheKlier

TheKlier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

add a dreadknight?

What would you take out ?

IndigoJack

IndigoJack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts

The interceptors and the razorback. That'll give you the points for a kitted out dreadknight. I'd go heavy psycannon and teleporter for sure, then go from there.

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." -Einstein

TheKlier

TheKlier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

The interceptors and the razorback. That'll give you the points for a kitted out dreadknight. I'd go heavy psycannon and teleporter for sure, then go from there.

HQ (165pts)

• Librarian (165pts)

Domina Liber Daemonica, Nemesis warding stave (Daemonbane), Psyker [ML 3] , Storm bolter.

Elites (154pts)

• Purifier Squad (154pts)
    • Knight of the Flame

Nemesis force halberd (Daemonbane), Storm bolter

• Purifier (halberd) 

Nemesis force halberd (Daemonbane), Storm bolter

• Purifier (hammer)

Nemesis Daemon hammer (Daemonbane), Storm bolter

• Purifier (psycannon)

Psycannon 

• Purifier (sword)

Nemesis force sword (Daemonbane), Storm bolter

Troops (205pts)

• Terminator Squad (205pts)
    • 3x Terminator (halberd)

3x Nemesis force halberd (Daemonbane), 3x Storm bolter

• Terminator (psycannon)

Nemesis Daemon hammer (Daemonbane), Psycannon

• Terminator Justicar

Storm bolter, Two Nemesis falchions (Daemonbane)

Heavy Support (225pts)

• Nemesis Dreadknight (225pts)
  • Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis greatsword and power fist, Personal teleporter

Total = 749

++ EDIT. Removed individual point costs per board rules. t++

Edited by thade, 09 September 2014 - 01:48 PM.

thade

thade

++ VELOX CLAMATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,679 posts

Do not post individual points costs for upgrades; that kind of thing gets GW to try and C&D our site out of existence. <3

QUOTE. In the book called "Core Rules". Page 14. Top Left Inset. In the chapter called "General Principles."
"Your responsibility isn't just to follow the rules, it's also to add your own ideas, drama and creativity to the game. Much of the appeal of this game lies in the freedom and open-endedness that this allows; it is in the spirit that the rules have been written."

QUOTE. Silent Requiem
"About my list; it is weak. But it fits me, and that counts for a lot more than any amount of mathammer."

TheKlier

TheKlier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Ohh real sry

Purifying Tempest

Purifying Tempest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
Nemesis Dreadknights are going be to the backbone of any grey knight list in the current codex. Their presence on the board is worth at least twice their point cost. Most Nemesis Strike Force lists are going to start off very similar with Librarian, 5 Terminators, and 2 NDK... then build from there.

I would honestly try to remove the purifiers to put the interceptors back in. I truly don't know what the purifiers are going to do other than provide an extra warp charge and get shot to heck as they try to advance.

Interceptors could at least 12" move or shunt up field to support the NDK. They can also use rites of teleportation to lower the risk of being shot off the board turn 1, a luxury purifiers do not have.

Edited by Purifying Tempest, 10 September 2014 - 12:38 AM.