Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Pack keeps on growing! [Advice needed!]

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

A new pack grows...

...and you, my brothers, will be witness to it, will judge it and, hopefully, be my aides aswell.

I promised you this thread would appear sometime after the Codex arrived. Here it is!
Even though there's still much work and stress and real-life stuff ahead, in the next few weeks, I am finally able to shovel myself a little hole of free-time.
Which means: My bunch of battle-brothers will finally get the attention they deserve and will be made battle ready!

Because time-management AND seeing frequent progress is key to staying motivated and getting it done, I developed a battle plan. (For the first time ever.)
The full list will probably take a looooooong time. But it'll be worth it. With the list written down and all the links ready, I can check my own progress - and all you veterans can keep an eye on me. (Looking at the model pictures in the shop is always motivating...)
I want to do my models in phases, only starting with the next when the one before is atleast 95% finished.
Another reason for this is the learning process. I will (re-)learn stuff and get used to it again with the more basic models, so I can be a bit more detailed and practiced with the later models.

So, here's my glorious battleplan:
(Stuff I still need to buy is marked with [+] )

Phase 0: The battlefield!
Prepare workspace, buy colors, buy new brushes, check glue and green stuff supplies, sharpen scalpels.
Burn the old, veteran brushes and lay them to rest, like a true warrior.
Remove the dust from my bottle of whisky and my favorite glass. (Of course I'll only drink after painting/building sessions - "Don't drink and paint!")

Phase 0 a.: The Aett
Clean the shelf, build a shrine, prepare some guards and buy myself a Codex: Space Wolves.
Learn and read all of it. Put it on the shrine when not in use.

(Phase 0 b.: Finally give the savage Orcs from the Stormclaw-Box into the hands of my chaos-loving, barbarous friend)

Phase 1: The Pack
10 Space Wolves (already own them from the Stormclaw Box)
mixed with
10 normal Space Marines

Phase 2: The Veterans
5 Wolf Guard Terminators (Part of the Stormclaw Box aswell)
mixed with
[+] 5 Space Marine Terminators

Phase 3: The Heroes
Krom Dragongaze (optically modified from original
[+] other HQ Unit to back him up

Phase 4: The special ones ("My mum says I'm special!")
[+] 5 Space Wolves Skyclaws
and
[+] 5 Space Wolves Long Fangs

For the far future:

Phase 5: Aides to the Wolves and Defenders of the Aett
[+] 2x 5 Militarum Tempestus Scions
More as a "just for fun/just for the fluff"-project, not as a usable game-unit.
I want them to resemble the PTD/Imperial Guards of Fenris (i.e. the Kaerls)
To me, the models seem to have the right potential.
The not-so-heavy armor, masked helmets (to protect them from the cold), mixed armory of melee and range weapons, with added/modeled regular Fenrisian decoration, maybe more rugged clothing, could work out really well.
Special model could be a Helmsmaster!?
If I can find something fitting I would even throw in a handful of even less-armored, axe-swinging, bolt-shooting Chapter Serfs, who want to impress their heroes.

Phase 6: The Fear of our Enemies
[+] Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnaught ( / Bjorn / Murderfang - still undecided)

Phase 7: Transportation devices
[+] Stormfang / Stormwolf
And/or
[+] Drop Pod(s)
and/or
[+] Land raider or other murder-bringing tank

So far, so good.
Give me critique! Don't have mercy!

Punch the rookie right in the face, he'll learn from it.

For the Allfather and the Aett!

And for phase 1:
I need ideas/advice on weapon composition and specialization (BC/GH/WG) for the first 20 Space Wolves.

Edited by RikuEru, 16 December 2015 - 01:50 PM.

When the Pack runs once again, worlds tremble, enemies die and the Hunt begins!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,498 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard, Custodes

Well, don't make me go 'competitive' on your list, bud ;)

Anyway, before we can give anything constructive we need to know of your plans. Do you want to play tourneys, just collect them, fluffy army, army for your store.

Then we need to know what general strategy you want to pursue, because each strategy brings its own weapon requirement.

As for the IG guys. You might have noticed that I dislike allies. It's my personal thing, do not let it influence you too much. However, if you just have 5 MT guys, consider making sniper Wolf Scouts out of them. They have approx. the same size and corresponding armour. All you need is to attach SW heads (of which you should have more than enough) and give them furs, skulls and other trophies.

But anyway, let us know what your plan is and then we'll see to your questions.

• Konnavaer and RikuEru like this

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Konnavaer

Konnavaer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 273 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Well, don't make me go 'competitive' on your list, bud msn-wink.gif

Anyway, before we can give anything constructive we need to know of your plans. Do you want to play tourneys, just collect them, fluffy army, army for your store.

Then we need to know what general strategy you want to pursue, because each strategy brings its own weapon requirement.

As for the IG guys. You might have noticed that I dislike allies. It's my personal thing, do not let it influence you too much. However, if you just have 5 MT guys, consider making sniper Wolf Scouts out of them. They have approx. the same size and corresponding armour. All you need is to attach SW heads (of which you should have more than enough) and give them furs, skulls and other trophies.

But anyway, let us know what your plan is and then we'll see to your questions.

I am in full agreement with brother Immerstum here and would echo his statements about thinking through the intent and plans for your army, look at what kind of playstyle you like i.e. a fast moving hard hitting force, an alpha strike/podding style, midfield hammer and anvil etc. One of the strengths of the wolves is we can tailor our forces to favour different styles of play or even have elements from different tactical styles within the same army so its really all about thinking through not just the physical make up of your army but how you want it to play on the battlefield and the ethos/background behind it if you are interested in the more 'fluffy' side of things (like me msn-wink.gif ). By having a solid idea of what style of murder make you will be bringing to the enemies of the Rout this will also give you an idea into loadouts and transport options that will work towards this over arching theme, and help you synergise your wolves with each other. Last but definitely not least there are loads of great posts on this forum so pour a drink or three and spend some time reading, and welcome to the Aett !

• Brother Crazywolf likes this

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Ah, damnit. I totally forgot the intended purpose for the army. Sorry, it was late as I wrote that, Immersturm.
Well, it'll probably just be for some games with friends (with very mixed armies), maybe later on a game in the local shops, if I find the time. But probably never in big tourneys, unless I prove to be better than I think will be. (Or I get 'forced' to participate at the GamesDay events ;) )
Something you probably didn't know, because I only wrote it in my first thread, is that I'm still a rookie when it comes to 40k. (Used to play the LotR stuff, years ago, only collected/built models for the most time)

...because of that, I of course don't have a prefered tactic style yet.
That's why I want to do the first units to be as general as possible, not hardly specialized forces.
Something reliable and useful in most-situations. Generic, but trustworthy, so to speak.
Hard to describe.

And of course I'm already lurking and reading through the forum, trying to find ideas, inspiration, motivation and more knowledge!

Thanks to you two, so far!

Btw:
Didn't intent to use the modified Militarum Tempestus Scions in a game at all. More just a personalized model, just for fun as decoration for the rest of the forces to put on the shelf, with some fluff, if possible.
But Wolf Scout Snipers is a good idea to get them usable aswell, which is great. Thanks for that!

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,498 posts

Well, I guess any start is a good start. So be basic.

2 Troops: Grey Hunters with either 2 meltas or 2 plasmas in Rhinos. Do not run them on foot. 2 of those is a solid start.

1 HQ: You have Dragongaze. He is fun. I would recommend getting a Wolf Lord on TWM in the near future. Meanwhile, reduce GH number to 9 on one of the above so you can fit him into a Rhino. When you get a TWM Lord, drop Dragongaze and put GH on 10man again.

1 Elite: Something with punch. Either get Shield/Axe dread in a drop pod or WG Bikers. You will sleep better at night when you know a big ass dread supports your army. Alternatively, some TDA deep striking.

1 FA: you want TWC here. The TWM Lord can ride here.

HS: I usually do not play HS but to fit with the Rhino theme you can get a Predator.

That should be around 1000. This is a solid start for any army.

Alternatively, if you want a alpha strike army, get drop pods instead of Rhinos, but I do not recommend it right of the bat. Alpha Strike might seem like a faceroll, but it ain't easy to pull off correctly because you are putting a lot in the first punch. If you fail it, the game will be done for you most of the time. You need practice with unit positioning, target priority and baiting the enemy.

Start with the simply rhino/mech setup and move up from there ;)

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Thanks, that sounds like a way to go. And it only feeds the part of my head that chants "Egil Iron Wolf Company! Space Wolves in Tanks! Kill them all and drive over their bodies to glory!"
But I'll still look around for other ideas and opinions. The possibilities are numerous and I'm still so indecisive.

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,498 posts

Not necessarily. Bikes and Transports are very common in Engir Krakendoom's Company. What you have is 1k points and units that are easily exchangeable. What you have is the single most neutral comp ever. You got fast shooty, fast melee, drop pod, a big dude, small dudes, a tank, transports and so forth. After playing a few games you will see which units appeal the most to you and which you like best.

That is the point where you start building you army following that theme you liked or centering on a certain unit type.

In the end, you can always put models you do not need on ebay.

Edited by Immersturm, 08 September 2014 - 05:44 PM.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Started with phase 1, even though I'm ill.

I try to get all parts out of the frames as safely as possible.
I'm totally amazed how the GWS guys tried to 'hide' the cast lines and how well that worked out. (LotR where worse... always had to cut off so much.)
I'm amazed by the level of detail aswell and all the different parts in the Space Wolves and the Space Marine boxes. Mixing both will work out really well, thanks to the additional grenades, belt pouches, weapons and other stuff.

On one hand, the broad variety is great. On the other hand it just opens up more and more decisions.
SO much to choose from! I can't wait to start glueing...

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Kitbashing the tactical squad kit with the SW pack is great and I encourage everyone to do it.

If you're overwhelmed by decisions, I might bring up another thing I encourage everyone to do, which is to invest in some magnets; great for flexibility on your pack leaders and special weapons.

Also if you've moved from LotR to 40k then yeah, the change in scale and thus the change in detail and number of components makes a huge, huge difference. I love my LotR minis, but the plastics just don't compare n terms of overall quality.

tsr433X.png pnSWJNb.gif

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Well... I have returned to the Fang!

In the months since my last visit I finished:

5 Grey Hunters
5 Wolf Guards (almost)
5 Wolf Guard Terminators
Krom Dragongaze
Bjorn the Fell-Handed (except for the base)

AND:

I just played the first round of a large-scale game yesterday. (Stopped the game after that, due to the heat, will continue next weekend)

Tau (1500 pts.) - Black Templar (1500 pts.) - My Space Wolves (675 pts.)
vs.
Necrons (ca. 1835 pts. - Reclamation-Legion) - Eldar (ca. 1830 pts. - with Titan!)

I fielded Bjorn and the 5 Grey Hunters and kept Krom and the Termies in the Reserve as Shocktroops.

Eldar safely approached and the Titan shot down a Tau Tank.
Necrons (10 Lychguards, 20 Warriors, Overlord, Nemesor, Obyron, Orikan) landed right before my Bjorn, Grey Hunter Pack and 2 fully packed Black Templar Land Raider Crusader.

...well bad for them. 20 Warriors tried to hit Bjorn with 40 shots. 2 hit. Safe didn't work. *shrug*

And then it came to our turn.
5 Grey Hunters (with Banner) shot down 2 Lychguards.
Bjorn shot into the Warriors with the Helfrost-Cannon. Sadly only took down one of the Warriors with the Helfrost-Effect, but Orikan too.
One of the Black Templar Crusaders got into range and the squad went, including Champion of the Emperor.
More Lychguards, Warriors fell under their fire and CC. The Champion bashed Obyron, but to no avail. (He didn't count the +1 Attack from the Banner, idiot!)
As Bjorn was charging into CC (I became greedy, I know), he was shot down by a lucky shot from the warriors.

(And that was all of round 1)

Plans for the future:

So I have still 10 Blood Claws/Grey Hunters/Wolf Guards to make.
Additionally to the Bjorn (got that from my gf for my birthday - awesome, isn't she? msn-wink.gif ), I got a box of Thunderwolf Cavalry from my brother. And I'll finish those in the near future.
Of course I'll post proper photos soon. For now they all remain on the battlefield-site.

Here are some bad ones:
My Grey Hunter Squad
Krom Dragongaze
Terminators (front, Assault Cannon Guy with Krom's original Head)
...and from the back
...and Onin McMeatshield

The Necron Player is my roommate - and it's his only army for now, just like the Wolves are for me - so I'll have to play against him most of the time.

I'll definitely buy atleast one Stormfang, next. And a Runepriest (maybe Njal) who can cast "Jaws of the World Wolf".
And I'll equip someone with "The Bite of Fenris", so I have someone else with the Helfrost effect.
Maybe even "Fangsword of the Ice Wolf". But I'll need to take him by surprise with that.

Edited by RikuEru, 05 July 2015 - 12:30 PM.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Behold, Brothers!
I pledged a champion to the Chaos at the Gates II Crusade and he already arrived on the battlefield, swift as the stormwinds of Fenris!

Skarin, Weaponmaster of the Aett!

Emperor's Champion (front)

Emperor's Champion (right)

Emperor's Champion (left)

Spoiler

His Saga:
Spoiler

His Equipment:
Spoiler

Konnavaer

Konnavaer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 273 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Excellent work brother, I trust you will keep us all updated with the saga of Lone Wolf Skarin and his pursuit of the murder make !

Brother Crazywolf

Brother Crazywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts

Nice work. How about some of the others that you have completed (mostly)? Interesting use of the bronze, but maybe a little bit of copper or gold in there to change things up? Hard to tell with the pics, maybe you did and I can't see it.

Crazywolf

gallery_24878_5332_7722.jpg

The morning sun gleam upon these peaceful plains...
Far beyond the realms of fire and ice
The legions marches on...
Now blow the might horns of war

-- Immortal "Sons of Northern Darkness"

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Excellent work brother, I trust you will keep us all updated with the saga of Lone Wolf Skarin and his pursuit of the murder make !

Of course! He'll surely accompany my pack into the next battle! (Maybe counting as a Wolf Lord, WGBL, Lone Wolf or maybe even a little changed up Emperor's Champion)

Nice work. How about some of the others that you have completed (mostly)? Interesting use of the bronze, but maybe a little bit of copper or gold in there to change things up? Hard to tell with the pics, maybe you did and I can't see it.

Crazywolf

I'm still tinkering with the full color scheme. (Aswell as getting back into painting more frequently)
The Gold is tricky. Some like to mix it up with Copper tones, some use the greenish Technical Color (Forgot it's name) to make it look old, others ink it to give it some patina, etc.
For now I'll leave the main colors a bit 'bland', if you wanna say so - so I can change them up in unison once I'm settled. I didn't work much with highlights, because due to the very dark color scheme I have it looked too... cartoony.

On another note:
I have a new addition to my army (even though baseless), for now named as "Olaf 'F***-You-Over-There' McWolffangson".

Wolf Priest "F*** you over there!"

First try to draw "The Wolf that Stalks Between the Stars" (or any Great Company Emblem at aaaall) - Turned out better than expected, maybe go back to it in the next few days.

Wolf Priest Shoulder Detail

• Konnavaer likes this

Brother Crazywolf

Brother Crazywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
Vallejo Verdigris? That the tech color you were thinking of? Vallejo makes some of the aged metal colors like old gold, beaten bronze etc. Those might work with some washes etc.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

Vallejo Verdigris? That the tech color you were thinking of? Vallejo makes some of the aged metal colors like old gold, beaten bronze etc. Those might work with some washes etc.

Nah, I was thinking about Citadel's "Nihilakh Oxide". But the Vallejo one looks to be more subtle. Yes. Maybe that'll be a bit more fitting.

But, to change back to the actual topic of growing my pack...
Brothers, I might've gotten myself into a huge uphill battle, worthy of a saga, but it'll be all worth it in the end.

But I will need your aid, advice and back-up!

So I still got a box of 3 TWC from my birthday, still in the sprues.
I got myself a droppod last week, because my Wolves have been foot-slogging all the time.
I'm still working on the B@C-Box - even though the MKIVs will be 'decorative' units, not necessarily used for field duty. (Some of them will be guest-Salamanders, some Wulfen [I'll need a handful of Chaos Armor pieces or weapons for those], some Long Fangs), but I still have to do the Contemptor AND the Cataphractii+Captain (but I need to buy magnets and learn how to magnetize for those, because of all the marvelous weapons they have)
And that's it? That's a little more then a handful of squads...

...yea well. I bought someone's collection. A big one - for my standards. All of it unpainted. What's in it?
 Oh, just the usual.
3 Drop-Pods (*cringes internally*)
3 Dreadnoughts - Murderfang, One with Axe and Shield, One regular
8 TWC (One Lord, One Iron Priest)
10 Fenrisian Wolves
1 (painted, not my style) Rhino
5 Long Fangs with Rocket Launchers
A BUNCH of BC/GH/WG
A broken TWC-Wolf, a Logan with one arm missing,4 TDAs in need of repair
...and ALL the sprues, with many additional parts.

Just like a warpstorm spit out half a Great Company at my door... including 3 of the old, metal Wulfen models!
(It's still on the way)
So on one hand I'm pretty excited. On the other I'm frightened...
But atleast I won't need to buy any more models for the next 2-3 years. So i got that going for me, which is nice! AND I have maaaany things to pledge for ETL next year!

Today's Advice Question:

1. What should I start with - not from a tactical standpoint, but a 'ease to paint' one. What would you do?
    My thoughts: Dreads (3 'used' ones and B@C-Contemptor) -> Fenrisian Wolves (for fur practice) -> TWC (new and used ones) -> Pods -> Wulfen (and B@C DIY-Wulfen) -> Cataphractii -> Rest

2. Any advice or guides on which magnets to buy and use for the Cataphractii?
3. Any (describing) Details from the fluff you want me to consider regarding TWC, Wulfen and the 13th Company?

And 4th:
When I'll do the Wulfen, should I enhance them by adding in models from Corvus Belli: 1, 2, 3 ?

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

First and foremost:
My Pack wrecked the faces of a Tau force today!

I fielded Bjorn (with Helfrost Cannon + Droppod with Signalbeacon), 5 WGTDA (2 TH+SS, 2 SB+SS, Assault Cannon+Chainfist), 5 Grey Hunters - together with my brothers 5 DA Terminators (1 Powersword+Powerfist, 2 Powerfist+SB, 1 Chainfist+SB, 1 Powerfist+Assault Cannon) with the Companymaster (Powersword, Combi-Plasma, Boltgun, Iron Halo).

Tau player had 2 troops of 3 Crisis each, a regular commander, 10 fire warriors, a piranha, a broadside and a riptide - with various equipment, but NO DRONES at all.

We got to start and only put down the troop of grey hunters right next to the mission objective on our side.
He fielded 10 fire warriors, close to his mission objective, and 3 Crisis Suits and the Piranha.
Turn 1 Bjorn came down, right next to his Crisis Suits and the Piranha - shortly followed by both Terminator Squads.
7 Fire Warriors and a Crisis Suit died that round - and in his round the only reinforcement was the broadside. But anyway he couldn't kill ANYTHING. Nothing at all.
Our turn 2 turned out... devastating. The fire warriors and Piranha died to the Terminators. The other 2 Crisis died to the Helfrost Cannon and Flamer. Bjorn took care of the Broadside (only 3 inches from him...) in close combat.

...and we were done. We held all three objectives with ease and killed all present Tau. The Commander, second Crisis Squad and Riptide never saw the battlefield.

It was beginner's luck, thanks to my brothers presence, I suppose.
...but I have to say: I love Bjorn. Especially in a Drop Pod. Next to the Enemy. Followed by Terminators. (...and maybe other Dreads in Pods in the future!?)

As I said, I started to help my little brother with his Dark Angels from the Dark Vengeance box I bought him.
The Khornite Traitors are going to another beginner (gf of the Tau player) - but I'm taking the cultists!
They are destined for something bigger, better, more worthy, chaos-free and glorious!

They'll be the first among my kaerls. 'Regular' ones from the Hould, not the full-time Aettguard. (I have other plans for those... see below!)
I cleansed the Chaos off of them, with a good old knife... and properly geared them up with some battle knives, ammunition and armor (and a banner - not shown.)

Kaerls (regular - front)

Kaerls (regular - back)

Regarding the full-time Aettguard:
I'm planning to buy one of the Skitarii Starting-army-Boxes next week.

The Rangers will do nicely, they won't need much work.
Long Rifles, shorter, more practical rifles, backpacks, long mantles - exactly what Aettguards need on icy fields and snowy wastes.
Just a bit to change up the melee weapons and de-mechanizing their armor. Maybe one Rifle can be build into something that looks like a Helfrost Gun!?

The Onager will be even less conversion work.
Get rid off the Cult Mechanicus Icons, use the 'flat' feet (=so it can walk on snow and ice) and choose 'practical' looking weapons.

The Tech-Priest Dominus will be used for something else... *coughs* Szerakh *coughs* (...as a gift to my necron-roommate *loads his helfrost cannon*)
...I'll probably kitbash a Iron Priest, as a stand in - so I can use the formation that comes with the box, if I ever want to do so.

• Konnavaer likes this

Brother Crazywolf

Brother Crazywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
As far as order of painting goes I really dont see any reason to alter your plan.

As far as magnets are concerned here is a link that I found dealing with the basics of magnetizing your models:

http://agalaxyinflam...ise-models.html

He does go over the process fairly well and hits all of the high points. I get my magnets from KJ Magnetics. I would recommend using the N52 grade for the best flexibility. Other than that I would choose disc magnets in a variety of sizes like 1/16 ( mounting small stuff i e chainfist conversions or hand swaps ), 1/8 (arms, backpacks, turret or sponson upgrades etc), and 3/16 (dread arms and anything else that tends to be heavy).

Hope this helps. I am sure that there is something over in the +Forge+ here that covers you magnet stuff as well. Either in the tutorials or general PCA.

Crazywolf

Edited by Brother Crazywolf, 30 December 2015 - 03:52 PM.

• Rune_Priest_Rhapsody likes this

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 833 posts

I have returned!
Or rather, I was here all the time, but I had to lurk, in between works in the Forge...
I have so much in the works. And I'm slowly seeing light at the end of the halls.
There are 3 Long Fangs with Heavy Bolters, 3 Long Fangs with Rocket Launchers, 15 Blood Claws with 2 Flamers, Lukas the Trickster, 5 Axe-wielding Rune Priests, 5 (count-as) Void Claws (MKIV Marines with left-over Cataphractii Claws), 5 Terminators with Thunderhammers and Stormshield, 5 Cataphractii Terminators + 1 Cataphractii Terminator Pack Leader, Ulrik the Slayer, 4 Wulfen, 5 Wolf Guards with Bolters, 5 Wolf Guards with Boltgun & Chainsword, 3 Wolf Riders and an Iron Priest (...and their 4 Wolves), a bit of scenery and ruins, maybe a mission objective marker or two, Leman Russ...

Random side-notes:
The Artificer brush is... incredible. My already finished Space Wolves received some nice looking tattoos.
I started to drill out the barrels. (And I just melted the barrel of ONE Bolter!) It's not much difference... but still looks so much better. Especially on Auto cannons.

And I'm thinking/developing/conceptualising how to build a representative of the Inquisition for my Space Wolves - Annika Jarlsdottyr
(Themis from Prodos Games is a strong contender right now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users