Renegades

Stormborn

Still plodding along with my 40K Dusk Raiders but recently felt the need for a bit of a change, so started work on my long delayed Chaos Space Marines, the delay was always down to 2 things the CSM codes has been pretty much uninspiring for me for a number of editions but with the advent of 7e and the Badab War there are slightly more appealing options, the other problem was colour scheme.

Always been a big fan of Beth's - Elder Scrolls Series and whilst playing Skyrim recently I had that eureka momoent  my CSM would use bone mold armour as colour scheme.

My test marine follows used a white undercoat and a Iyanden Dark Sun base and a very thin wash of beastial brown, the picture look a lot lighter than the actual model so I need to tone him down a bit more.

C&C welcome.

As a fellow Skyrim/Elder Scrolls fan I can definitely appreciate your idea here. I like the idea.

Hard to tell from the model at the moment as it's all one colour but once you have your contrasting colours in there (I assume you'll do silver trim to match the armour?) I think it would look cool although it may be worth highlighting it in a way that makes it clear it's bone as it with clear sockets and plates etc.

Any idea how you're explaining it in game yet? Might make for some cool fluff - daemon bone infused armour or something. Seen some cool bone armoured nurgle CSM. That or they could be warriors or khorne who coat their armour in the melted bones of their enemies if you're going down the mono-god root.

Look forward to seeing more though.

Archived