Armies on Parade!

Montuhotep

Simple one;

What are the rules for Armies on Parade in the UK? Only I asked my local GW manager (because of the poster that says "Check with Staff") and he doesn't have damned clue.

He's saying the 2' by 2' board piece has to be a Realm of Battle board tile, but I've seen plenty of entries elsewhere that don't even remotely look like one.

Help!

I'm fairly certain that in the old rules it could be any board 2x2, but I think (not 100% on this) they've changed it so you don't even have to have a board. Maybe phone GW HQ for confirmation of the rules? 

For what it's worth the Japanese AoP used to be the same as the UK one (2'x2', not necessarily Realm of Battle, had to follow FoC) but this year I'm told it doesn't need to be 2'x2'. That's the maximum size. Don't know about any rules on army composition.

I was told this directly by the boss of GW Asia, for what it's worth.

Simple one;

What are the rules for Armies on Parade in the UK? Only I asked my local GW manager (because of the poster that says "Check with Staff") and he doesn't have damned clue.

He's saying the 2' by 2' board piece has to be a Realm of Battle board tile, but I've seen plenty of entries elsewhere that don't even remotely look like one.

Help!

Got to give the guy some credit (although obviously of the warped variety)

How to turn a relatively simple question into a possible £175 sale

I wonder what he would say if you asked him what would be a reasonable size starting army.... "8000pts and you will need a copy of this book entitled apocalypse"

If it helps you can get a piece of 2' x 2' MDF board from B&Q for a fiver.

Archived