Do you think HH DAs will get a special Mortis?

depthcharge12

So I believe that the Dark Angels were among the first to create the Mortis pattern for their dreadnoughts according to the fluff, so do you guys think this will be reflected in their units?

Maybe the contemptor Mortis can take the cyclone missile launcher on top like the 40k version?

Or will there be special rules or venerable contemptors?

Just speculation towards the future

Mortis with dual Twin-linked Plasma cannons? Talk about erasing 2+ saves...

I mean I think you can do that already but you lose out on all the special rules because you can't target flyers with blast weapons (even though GW makes a game - Space Marine- where you shoot down an ork flyer with a plasma cannon >_<)

I can see the DA getting some bonus to a plasma wielding squad, a named (well, special character) moritat, and perhaps either a beastly termie or dreadnought. They should have more character then the Ultras. I could easily see Ultras nust having point reductions, nothing else.

I can see the DA getting some bonus to a plasma wielding squad, a named (well, special character) moritat, and perhaps either a beastly termie or dreadnought. They should have more character then the Ultras. I could easily see Ultras nust having point reductions, nothing else.

See I ran a rule called "Weapons of a Bygone Age" to represent the artifaced plasma and volkite weapons that the 1st legion would likely carry within their armories - rerolls of 1s to hit for plasma and rerolls of deflagrate on volkite wounds.

I don't know how I feel about the Dark Angels using moritats and destroyers. I know they would have the capacity but aren't known for it, I mean Cypher was a BAMF gunslinger but wasn't a moritat technically.

If like to see a special great sword terminator unit or buffed champion (Paladin) but it so hard to grasp what the Dark Angels really were. I mean they were incredibly tactically sound and independent -which their primarch only amplified- but how would this be represented?

I can see Cypher and Luther being the DA special characters. As for special units/vehicles I wouldn't be surprised in a special mortise dread.

I highly doubt Cypher will be included. He is an iconic character in 40k but hasn't even appeared yet in 30k.

I would suspect Corswain or a new FW character over Cypher.

Yes, you're correct. He has made an appearance. My bad.

He just hasn't seemed to be an important character yet. Cypher's real story begins with the fall of Caliban - after the Heresy. I'm standing by my prediction - I'd be very surprised if he is a character in the Dark Angels book.

Or you could end up like the Raven Guard and have two unheard of characters

Technically that's not quite accurate. Strike Captain Alvarex Maun appears in the prose version of Raven's Flight. It's only a brief cameo though and given that the prose version was published way after the audiobook was released, most people will have overlooked it (which is precisely what I did, until I re-read the whole of Shadows of Treachery whilst on holiday this year).

Hopefully between his appearance in a BL publication and his artwork in Extermination, he should have an awesome miniature in the future biggrin.png

But anyway I do hope they give us Corswain if nothing else, he would make for an awesome miniature.

Plasmacannons for Terminators and Deathwing Knights.

I highly doubt Cypher will be included. He is an iconic character in 40k but hasn't even appeared yet in 30k. 

Have you read the Dark Angels books (Descent of Angels, Fallen Angels)? Cypher is there ....

Archived