Do you think HH DAs will get a special Mortis?

depthcharge12

Aye tbh I really wouldn't want mass-plasma tech on termies, I mean c'mon we now know (due to Extermination) only the IFs and BAs will be getting true assault cannons for terminators, perhaps a less powerful Volkite Caliver or something along those lines? Personally I get the feeling it will be cheaper/more flexible terminators but only with their RoW.

The thing is volkite calivers are cheaper and Heavy 2, whereas Culverins are pricier but Heavy 5 (i think?) they also have S6 instead of 5 I believe...

So yeah, Terminators with a Heavy 5 Volkite Culverin would be devastating...

That would literally melt plastic orks/tyranids/guardsmen/pathfinders off the table....

That would literally melt plastic orks/tyranids/guardsmen/pathfinders off the table....

The sheer number of shots could melt a Nurgle great unclean one off the table if enough wounds get through... From my last game volkites = death :)

Atia read two posts down from what you quoted.

Plasma cannons and deathwing knights sounds suspiciously familiar... So far FW have been doing a great job of introducing new stuff instead of rehashing the already existing.

the problem with Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves is, that there HH Versions aren't that awesome/other than there 40k versions.

Dark Angels:

40k: Hunt for the Fallen, Knights for Deathwing and Ravenwing, love Plasmaweapons

HH: Knights for Deathwing/Ravenwing/Ironwing/Swordwing .....; love Plasma-/Volkite-/Conversionbeam-weapons

Blood Angels:

40k: Sanguinary Guard, Deathcompany, CC Dreads, faster vehicles

HH: Sanguinary Guard

Space Wolves are the same in both versions  but had Terrans and 13th company during the GC/HH ...

Atia, I think you are really missing what has been happening for every legion. I may be forgetting something, but I don't believe any of the Legions had a super special identity during the Heresy that was distinct from their 40k chapter.

Until Forgeworld began their series.

Now every legion they have touched looks like Midas visited the studio. Wait for the Forgeworld books to arrive. I am confident they will lend the same unique identity to the rest of the Legions that they have to the ones already covered.

Atia read two posts down from what you quoted.

Plasma cannons and deathwing knights sounds suspiciously familiar... So far FW have been doing a great job of introducing new stuff instead of rehashing the already existing.

the problem with Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves is, that there HH Versions aren't that awesome/other than there 40k versions.

Dark Angels:

40k: Hunt for the Fallen, Knights for Deathwing and Ravenwing, love Plasmaweapons

HH: Knights for Deathwing/Ravenwing/Ironwing/Swordwing .....; love Plasma-/Volkite-/Conversionbeam-weapons

Blood Angels:

40k: Sanguinary Guard, Deathcompany, CC Dreads, faster vehicles

HH: Sanguinary Guard

Space Wolves are the same in both versions  but had Terrans and 13th company during the GC/HH ...

And that's why they're so slippery and hard to figure out what FW will do with them.

From what it sounds like, Lord Bligh is completely rearranging the structure of the Vlyka Fenrika (this is more speculation than fact however).

I could see the dark angels getting restructured as well.

Archived