Execute Perturabo

Ordo Machinum

"For Dorn and the Imperium, brother. Your objective is the Iron Blood. Execute Perturabo."

--- Alexis Polux, Master of the Retribution Fleet at the Battle of Phall. (from The Crimson Fist by John French)

Based on text from the above referenced story and the ZM Blood in the Void expansion from HH3: Extermination, I thought this could be a fun one-on-one scenario for IF and IW brothers to play out.

If it weren't for the immediate withdrawal of IF reinforcements during the Battle of Phall, could the IF have achieved their goal? Could they have done so without any help from Polux and other elements of the fleet? Were the IF doomed to fail no matter what they did? 

The "Taking of the Contrador" scenario from the BitV is the basis for this "Execute Perturabo". Both army lists are based as close as possible to their counterparts shown in the story. The scenario calls for the attacker force to be 1000 points and the defender force to be 800 points.

This is being adapted at the same point ratio of 250:200 to an approximate 1500 points and 1200 points respectively due to the points costs of the given units. Some of the weapon selections are from the story whereas others are subjective for variety and points.

IMPERIAL FISTS
Points/Unit & Wargear
155  HQ. PRAETOR CAPTAIN AMANDUS TYR  (1)
185  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  Combi-Bolters, Heavy Flamer, Power Swords
220  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  Combi-Bolters, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, Power Fists, Thunder Hammer
215  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  Combi-Bolters, Reaper Autocannon, Lightning Claws
355  TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (20)  add'l SM, Breacher Charge, 3 Volkite Chargers, Nuncio-Vox, Vexilla
370  TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (20)  add'l SM, Breacher Charge, 3 Flamers, Nuncio-Vox, Vexilla

TOTAL POINTS: 1540

IRON WARRIORS

Points/Unit & Wargear

490  LW. PRIMARCH PERTURABO with Forgebreaker

210  EL. IW CONTEMPTOR-DREADNOUGHT (1) Heavy Conversion Beamer

190  EL. CONTEMPTOR-DREADNOUGHT (1)  Graviton Gun

225  TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (10) 2 melta guns

90  FA. TARANTULA SENTRY GUN (3) 1 with TL-heavy bolters, 1 with TL-heavy flamers, 1 with TL-rotor cannons 

TOTAL POINTS: 1235

I'm currently building other units for my IF, but I am planning on purchasing some of the above to play the scenario through to see what happens. As both legion forces grow, I can plan on going through the other scenarios for "hit-and-run" assaults against battle cruisers.

Let me know what you think.

[edited to updated army lists]

"For Dorn and the Imperium, brother. Your objective is the Iron Blood. Execute Perturabo."

--- Alexis Polux, Master of the Retribution Fleet at the Battle of Phall. (from The Crimson Fist by John French)

Great Stuff. This is one of my favourite quotes from the HH series. Good luck with this!

IMPERIAL FISTS

PTS/UNIT & GEAR

155  HQ. PRAETOR CAPTAIN AMANDUS TYR  (1)

215  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  heavy flamer, PW, PF, LClaw, CF, TH

220  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  reaper autocannon, PW, PF, LClaw, CF, TH

195  EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5)  plasma blaster, 4 PW, PF

350  TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (15)  add'l SM, 3 graviton guns, nuncio-vox, vexilla, sgt MB 

355  TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (15)  add'l SM, 3 melta guns, nuncio-vox, vexilla, sgt MB

TOTAL POINTS: 1490

My only recommendation is that one of the VII Legion Terminators had an Assault Cannon, so I'd add one to your list.

I think that the IF are doomed to fail, of course!

Other than that I think this is a really cool idea and scenario. thumbsup.gif

I thank you for your unbiased opinion. tongue.png Now if only FW would release Perturabo!

Great Stuff. This is one of my favourite quotes from the HH series. Good luck with this!

IMPERIAL FISTS

PTS/UNIT & GEAR

155 HQ. PRAETOR CAPTAIN AMANDUS TYR (1)

215 EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5) heavy flamer, PW, PF, LClaw, CF, TH

220 EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5) reaper autocannon, PW, PF, LClaw, CF, TH

195 EL. LEGION TERMINATORS (5) plasma blaster, 4 PW, PF

350 TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (15) add'l SM, 3 graviton guns, nuncio-vox, vexilla, sgt MB

355 TR. BREACHER SIEGE SQUAD (15) add'l SM, 3 melta guns, nuncio-vox, vexilla, sgt MB

TOTAL POINTS: 1490

My only recommendation is that one of the VII Legion Terminators had an Assault Cannon, so I'd add one to your list.

I didn't add it in because of the HH Legion Terminator unit description. The rules didn't allow for it. Of course, for "historical accuracy" I could house rule it in for the one model. And the story does reference where it came from:

"...It was a new pattern weapon, retrofitted to a few Terminator suits from the larger type fitted to Dreadnoughts."

Now to get a DN assault cannon!

Is that in the HH rules appendix for IF? Why, yes it is! Thank you. I missed it.

Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon

Thank you. I missed it there. To the Pain Glove...

A few questions...

I added the Breacher Siege squad to the IW force even though it wasn't directly in the story at that point. Do you think the BR/SG is a better choice than a few Rapier Weapon Batteries or Tarantula Sentry Gun Batteries? The RW & TSGs may be more useful in setting up the ZM board. What do you think?

I thank you for your unbiased opinion. tongue.png Now if only FW would release Perturabo!

Hehe, you're welcome. I absolutely second this wish! I would definitely be buying the model and I bet I'm not the only one.

You don't know how tempted I am to kitbash a model like Mortarion with Ferrus' Forgebreaker hammer.

Perturabo was confirmed to be the next primarch at european FW open day.

If you want to do it fluffy, put some Siege Terminators next to him. They will come out in the same wave, together with Golg and a castellan rhino.

Nonetheless, he can and will take on your complete IF force on his own.

I would say it takes a primarch to kill a primarch, but you only got Dorn, so ...

Now I hope for the Iron Circle to follow close behind devil.gif

If you want to do it fluffy, put some Siege Terminators next to him. They will come out in the same wave, together with Golg and a castellan rhino.

I would say it takes a primarch to kill a primarch, but you only got Dorn, so ...

Yay! Look forward to his release.

The Siege Terminators and Golg may be added later (especially if I do the Taking of the Contrador scenario next - then I get Alexis Polux). I'm still working on the IF force, and I want to see how Perturabo does against them solo as in the story.

So certain about Perturabo's victory, eh? This scenario doesn't even allow me Dorn anyway. Or Sigismund (maybe, I'll get to use him if I do a Mondus Occulum scenario for the Schism of Mars. For now, I only get to use an IF Captain, his Terminators, and some Breachers.

The Sons of Dorn will be ready...

That just made my day. My wallet has already starting bleeding.

Archived