XIVth Echelon - War Hounds [Red Butchers Feb 2015]

Adra'Melek

Crawl away dog, and take your hounds with you. Next time a see you it will be to spit on your corpse

Angron, at Praetor Lőrinc Jakab of the XIV Echelon 'Hounds of Molossia', of the World Eaters Legion before their exile to the Ghoul Stars.

Nándor Tisza - one of only 23 survivors from the XVIth company following the cleansing of traitors from the Defiance, 293rd Fleet. He, along with the other survivors joined the IXth Company to bolster their numbers. As with all the remaining loyalists of the XIVth Echelon, he removed all World Eater insignia and reprinted his armour in the colours of he War Hounds.

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/fb9d4fd9db87735a60a03d0071bcbb37.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/84a700c9bb7deca6d68ea70e30c22a4a.jpg

[test model]

@fire golem, cheers

@millicant, grey rubble and green flock. Actually waiting for him to adhere to his base as we speak. I put some pictures up once he's done.

I want to do some chipping, etc. on these guys. Not done it before so been looking at some videos. I did try the sponge thing but I think I was pretty heavy handed.

The base (a bit too much green flock I think but it's fine).

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/705ec625f8bca81e7f8241d55cabebfc.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/e34dd54959f4792e91dfa37a101497ba.jpg

@Jaspcat :)

@ Demon2027, I've come in a full circle from World Eater, via Luna Wolves, Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Raven Guard, Alpha Legion and now I'm doing the Loyalist World Eaters I originally wanted to do but was put off by the white. Although I'm still finishing off my other army so this will be a very long, slow project.

@Knight of the Raven, cheers. My technique is to keep going over the cock-ups until you can't see them smile.png

I was planning on doing the Red Hound symbol...but after staring at it on my World Eater transfer sheet I decided that the numerals would be easier more fitting.

Edit, just painting up a chain axe. Not sure where to have it.

Touched up a bit and added the axe. Couldn't figure how to attach it so a went with maglocked behind.

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/34f53914aa226f3f43c3de4b19c9ec47.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/ba486226fefdf904ec14f6ad09d6b743.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the blue, white, metal, red icons, base, etc. Next bit is a full squad. It will be a nine man Rampager squad, the Bloody Nine, led by a chaplain. My issue is whether to give them jet packs. I'm thinking of going for the Angel's of Wrath ROW so jet packs, but the points cost is so large. I'm tempted to magnetise them but historically I tend to lose the bits and would need 10 extra backpacks, which I might have but not sure. Anyway, thoughts welcome.

The Bloody Nine huh? Is that an Abercrombie reference, or just coincidence? Either way, the chappie's name needs to be Logan, and he needs to be suitably beat-facey!

Edit: If it is coincidence, then you need to read the First Law trilogy. Inspiration for the 'Nine galore!

Sweet. 

The FW WE decal sheet has a lot of War Hounds iconography in addition to the neutral "XII" markings. Perhaps you should consider investing in one if you are going to be building these guys in bulk? :)

@relict, I've already got one. It's only got 10 Hound heads and 14 rampant hounds so I'll be using them sparingly. Also got 2 large ones for vehicles.

Ok, so I'll be going for Angel's Wrath. Currently thinking a couple of Storm Eagles, Fire Raptor and a Ceastus. Jump pack Rampagers and command squad. Maybe destroyers, Jetbikes and land raider speeders. Couple of despoiler squads in the Storm Eagles and Terminators in the Caestus.

Just order my first model specifically for he War Hounds. He'll be Henrik Illés, Ist Warden of the Hounds of Molossia, leader of the Bloody Nine.

Henrik fell to the floor following the blow from his Praetor, “You lie, traitor” spat Lőrinc Jakab, fury naked in his eyes. Henrik Illés leaped to his feet, eyes bulging and twitching as the Nails buzzed into action. Around the room the others shifted to intercept him. He closed his eyes, breathing deep and muttering under his breath until he calmed the urges being artificially generated. “Do you know how easy it would be to give in? To submit to their call?” Henrik opened his eyes to glare at Jakab, “I tell the truth as I know it, Horus has betrayed the Emperor along with our sire. Our brothers in this fleet are preparing to wipe out those whose loyalty is to the Emperor…including you.”

“Watch your tongue, cur” rumbled Sas, holding as Jakab raised a hand.

“Tell me what makes you believe this nonsense. I could be convinced of anything from that madman” Jakab not even attempting to keep the contempt from his voice, “but Horus? Never.”

“Alinejad. He’s been whispering poison in the ears of my brothers,” meaning the others inflicted with the Nails. “He claims for speak for Angron and for Horus, not that many of them need much prompting. If anything he’s struggling to hold them in check”.

“We must warn the others”, said Sas.

“How?” asked Henrik, “which of the crew can you trust? Or will you go yourself? If Alinejad suspects, he will unleash his rapid dogs.”

He sighed, suddenly wary “I know of those who’s loyalty to the Emperor is beyond doubt…but you must vow they will not receive repercussions.”

“Why would they…” began Balogh, but Jakab once again held up a hand to stall him.

“How are you able to control the Nails, Illés”

Henrik gave the Praetor a long stare, the odd spasm passing across his face, before saying “the Emperor Protects”.

Henrik Illés, 1st Chaplain of the XIV Echalon, Executionor of the Lost, Warden of the Faithful

Base model should be here tomorrow but begin stripping of Chapter insignias.

• 4 months later...

Archived